PDA

View Full Version : Clerics: Adopt population?

Syagrius
14-03-2006, 21:14
What is it about the cleric option "adopt" population? Is it that the cleric convert to the same religion as the people in the province?

Truka
14-03-2006, 21:26
To adopt a province means to use your cleric to "clean" your province from nostalgy (I don't know if it's the same in the English version).
If you have a look at the province which was conquered recently by your troops, there is a penalty on the happiness there which is caused by nostalgy, so if you adopt a province, happiness in that province increases.

Syagrius
14-03-2006, 21:29
To adopt a province means to use your cleric to "clean" your province from nostalgy (I don't know if it's the same in the English version).
If you have a look at the province which was conquered recently by your troops, there is a penalty on the happiness there which is caused by nostalgy, so if you adopt a province, happiness in that province increases.
Ok thanks, I couldnt find anything about it in the manual

Mortimer
14-03-2006, 22:26
just to add, once you adopt the population you should get a choice to convert it (if it is a different religion) which may or may not be successful and may kill your cleric even, it also costs a lot of gold and piety where as adopting takes books