PDA

View Full Version : Victory

Syagrius
28-03-2006, 21:14
Do you guys go for the Election victory or for conquest victory? I guess you have to have good relations with the other majors in order to get elected. In my present game everytime there is an election I am nominated but everybody abstain of voting.

Anguille2
30-03-2006, 07:59
I aim mostly at Kingdom Adantages victory, second is Election. Total Conquest is boring imho.

Syagrius
30-03-2006, 17:44
I aim mostly at Kingdom Adantages victory, second is Election. Total Conquest is boring imho.
Okay, but I discovered that Kingdom Advantages Victory is very easy to get, and it is a minor victory

Anguille2
31-03-2006, 08:25
Okay, but I discovered that Kingdom Advantages Victory is very easy to get, and it is a minor victory

Yes, but if you start with a small country, you still have to expand...the beginning is the most difficult and the most interesting. Getting elected is however the true challenge...haven't been able to achieve that yet.

Angryminer
31-03-2006, 10:41
Two ways.
Either I have a small kingdom that flourishes or a rather big nation that is near the point of indefeatability. In the latter case I just have me elected emperor or quit right away. In the former case I use a lot of diplomacy to get good relations and alliances with all major countries and then claim my title as emperor of europe. It's a nice challange to get so many alliance-partners without having to declare war on your own allies. :go:
Hint: Daughters and a king with a good diplomacy-skill are vital for this strategy.

Angryminer

Gallifrey
31-03-2006, 14:27
I find myself quite satisfied with a Kingdom Advantage victory. By that point, my kingdom is at a point that I'm happy with, and continuing on longer I find to be more a chore than enjoyable.

theuberleet
15-04-2006, 21:39
ive beaten everything except full map conquest

Lord_Nick
15-04-2006, 23:18
I've achieved Total Conquest three times so far:
-Highlands [Scotland] (Catholic)
-Sicily (Muslim)
-Golden Horde (Catholic)
For all of them, I had been elected Emperor and had all the Kingdom Advantages (except for the Horde ... I opted out of getting the Cathedral bonus since I couldn't build them)
-I'm working on Epir (Orthodox) now.

Once I get to a certain size, I try to make the major kingdoms my vassal and swallow them whole using spies. For the countries with one or two provinces, I just conquer them to get them off the map.

It takes me about 50-60 hours of game time (according to the game clock) to finish a game. I play it at game speed 10.0 though, so it doesn't take that long in real life.