PDA

View Full Version : can't call crusades

kevincompton
05-04-2006, 23:57
I have the pope and my religion is catholic, but the option for my marshall to request a crusade is grayed out. I'm playing GoG mod though, so is this a regular thing in the game and I'm missing something or something in the GoG mod? I read through the readme and can't find anything on it for that mod.

Mortimer
06-04-2006, 16:55
don't you have to be at war with a non catholic kingdom all ready? that could be the problem :)

Largefry07
06-04-2006, 22:25
You must be at war with a non-catholic kingdom or an excommuitcated kingdom in order to call crusades. Also, you can only call crusades against kingdoms that you are at war with. Be weary however of calling crusades. Your army will turn into mercenaries or vanish (perhaps a more seasoned player can elborate on this). So be sure to garrison your army in a town before you have a marshall go off on a crusade. One more thing if your marshall takes the providence, he will be forever lost, so make sure you can afford to lose that marshall who you appointed on a crusade.

Lord_Nick
07-04-2006, 00:28
Can Crusades be called against Orthodox kingdoms or only Pagan and Muslim?

I've never seen a Crusade in KOH against an Orthodox kingdom so far.

Just wondering if your term "non-catholic" should be "non-chistian" instead.

Garvon
08-04-2006, 20:44
no I think a crusade can be called against any non-catholic nation, but muslim nations seem to be the most common target by the AI.

Elvain
08-04-2006, 21:27
crusade can be called against any non-catholic kingdom, orthodox (dependent and independent) and excomunicated catholics included.

Those just need to be at war with many catholic kingdoms what increases mostly the crusade coeficient