PDA

View Full Version : About realism

diablo
28-02-2004, 05:50
i've always seen this on rts games so i wanted to ask

-will archers kill their enemies instantly if they hit em with their arrows? or will it be like age of empires where 100 arrows were necessary to kill a man?

thx, the games seems amazing

as far, the best medieval game ive seen was stronghold, but this one is going to beat the living crap out of it :)

Frujin
28-02-2004, 09:42
If the arrow hits it kills instantly. And it doesn't make a difference between friend and foe.

greywulf
28-02-2004, 22:35
Interesting...

Henrik
28-02-2004, 22:51
Originally posted by Frujin
If the arrow hits it kills instantly. And it doesn't make a difference between friend and foe.

It don't matter we've got reserves :D ( from the movie Braveheart )

rado907
29-02-2004, 03:34
Originally posted by Frujin
If the arrow hits it kills instantly. And it doesn't make a difference between friend and foe. nice!

do archers get bonuses when shooting from higher grounds (i.e. a castle's ramparts)

also, do archers gain experience? because the difference between lame 15 year old levies and experienced veteran archers should be substantial.

dearmad
29-02-2004, 06:34
Oh yes, I hope that somehow gets included- letting a group of soldiers "season" to experience... so using them fresh is not as good as letting them work out their cohesiveness until they are in fighting form.

Good idea!

greywulf
29-02-2004, 07:47
Originally posted by rado907
do archers get bonuses when shooting from higher grounds (i.e. a castle's ramparts)

also, do archers gain experience? because the difference between lame 15 year old levies and experienced veteran archers should be substantial.

Yes to both. Your knight can also increase the combat effectiveness of archers though I'm not sure how this will be protrayed. We haven't been told if higher experience means more archers hit their target or just whether their better in hand to hand combat or just higher morale or what...