PDA

View Full Version : Age of Discovery MMORPG similar to KOH

kevincompton
02-05-2006, 21:36
The concept is nearly done! What i need now is feedback and actual programmers to help develop this open source project.

The goal is to eventually host this for small subscription allowing for the ultimate historical strategy game of epic proportions to be played out. Imagine establishing your own colony under the direction of another player who is king and having other players below you commanding various armies and building infrastructure in your province.

Imagine massive battles with multiple armies on each side controled by players!

Imagine not having to deal with orbs or wizards or stupid alien type crap to play an mmorpg! This is no MMORPG in a simple sense, its a blending of MMORPG with Real Time Strategy Elements and many features borrowed from the genius of Knights of Honor.

View the wiki (please not, the page title says middle ages, but we decided to shift to the age of exploration as it allows more fexibility and fun with an mmorpg format):

http://medieval-europe.sourceforge.net/tiki/tiki-index.php

kevincompton
05-05-2006, 01:34
sorry wrong link, try it now
--
hmm something wrong with my DB, stay tuned...
--
okay working!!

http://medieval-europe.sourceforge.net/tiki/tiki-index.php

William Blake
06-05-2006, 03:11
Do you know how much it costs to just RUN mmorpg?

Do you understand how much development effort it will take?

On a "bright side" this wiki thing... well man, dont get me wrong. But you are so far far far far away from even game design document. Even if dozens of top class devs appear tomorrow to write your game, you have to write about 1000 times more and give 1000 time more detail of every last aspect of the game you have in mind.

So the point is - work on your specs for now. For istance: army, what units, what numbers, how they look, abilities, why, how... all the stuff.

Its kinda of encouragement.

kiri_hacker
07-05-2006, 09:03
its a nice idea but it will cost about 2-3 milion to make it true :(