PDA

View Full Version : Prisoners, captives and ransoms

rado907
29-02-2004, 03:45
I read in this thread (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=643) that you can take captives.
Which is pretty nice.
It also raises a few questions:

1) Do the prisoners physically appear on the map (in shackles and chains, or in the dungeons of castles), or do you just acquire them as a sort of a resource?
And, if they physically appear on the map, can you free prisoners with your own men by defeating the guards?

2) When it comes to ransoming, can you trade prisoners? For example, if two of your knights have been captured, can you try and trade them in return of some enemy knights and men that you yourself have captured?
Or is ransoming limited to just gold?

3) When you bust an enemy castle, can you capture the inhabiting princesses and other non-military units?

4) This is fetching it a bit far, but when you defeat an enemy, can you take some of his sons/knights as wards (i.e. prisoners) to ensure peace for some time?

dearmad
29-02-2004, 06:38
oooh... good questions...looking forward to the answers!

Cork2
29-02-2004, 08:59
Originally posted by rado907
I read in this thread (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=643) that you can take captives.
Which is pretty nice.
It also raises a few questions:

1) Do the prisoners physically appear on the map (in shackles and chains, or in the dungeons of castles), or do you just acquire them as a sort of a resource?
And, if they physically appear on the map, can you free prisoners with your own men by defeating the guards?

2) When it comes to ransoming, can you trade prisoners? For example, if two of your knights have been captured, can you try and trade them in return of some enemy knights and men that you yourself have captured?
Or is ransoming limited to just gold?

3) When you bust an enemy castle, can you capture the inhabiting princesses and other non-military units?

4) This is fetching it a bit far, but when you defeat an enemy, can you take some of his sons/knights as wards (i.e. prisoners) to ensure piece for some time?

You defanatly get to take prisoners. The rest i am just gessing

1. No, There are only two view world view and combat view/close view. I am sure you can free them by sending a spy to rescue them or taking over the castle.

2. I think you ge tto trade prisoners or you could give them gold.or receive gold.

3. I have to say no.

4. After a battle i think you get prisoners. Knights posibly, sons i doubted. Most likly not.

Bora
29-02-2004, 17:40
we dont have detailed answer what your option are when you have a prisoner.
we also dont know exactly how to free a prisoner.

but the answer your in this thread, mus come close to the trueth, so i hope frank&frujin give us a overview about the options you have in that case

Bora
25-03-2004, 09:14
think this question i s still imprtand.

so i hope frank and frujin can tell us who you can take aa prissioner. cause i wonder if you only can take knighst and spys as prissoners or even other people, like: other nations kings, the princess, the prince, other nations army, civlists,...?

and what your options are. means in example:
execute them, ask for an ransom, turtue them in case that you get informations,...?
+ the questions fron the 1st post of this thread

i am looking forward to an answer :)

Haegemon
25-03-2004, 18:45
I think that are good questions. I'm sure we will get response soon.

dearmad
25-03-2004, 19:28
It's been a month or so without an answer.... I think they're not going to answer this one. :(

Haegemon
25-03-2004, 19:30
They are working on it. They said, that since last month they are so busy.

Bora
25-03-2004, 19:57
they are always busy. i dont think they just sitt in the office, playing games, eating pizza and drinking coffe ;)

but this thread was on the real last page, so it can also have to do, that this was a "forgooten one"

but frank did a great job yesterday. he answered to a lot of threads.

but no doubt that we get a clear answer to this question, too

Frank Fay
26-03-2004, 22:59
Do the prisoners physically appear on the map
The surrendered units appear on the map. They look different, dont wear weapons. After the battle ends you get a result window about your captive. You can then decide to;

a) Kill the prisoners
b) sell for ransom
c) free them

There is no prison or dungeon. Frujin, correct me please :D

But when you capture a Knight, Prince or King, you can imprison them. And then they take a slot in your royal court (you have only 9, which you need also for your own Knights). Visually you see iron bars in front of his face. You can later sell them for ransom, free them or kill them.

When it comes to ransoming, can you trade prisoners? For example, if two of your knights have been captured, can you try and trade them in return of some enemy knights and men that you yourself have captured?
No. You can sell only for gold. But all what you do with him influences your relationship with the Kingdom of its origin and killing is really worse, it may make to drop your kingdom power... But hey, you have a free slot and other kingdom may loose a valuable Knight...

When you bust an enemy castle, can you capture the inhabiting princesses and other non-military units?
Not princesses but princes, king, marshals and governors...

Bora
27-03-2004, 07:42
Originally posted by Frank Fay
The surrendered units appear on the map. They look different, dont wear weapons. After the battle ends you get a result window about your captive. You can then decide to;

a) Kill the prisoners
b) sell for ransom
c) free them

There is no prison or dungeon. Frujin, correct me please :D

But when you capture a Knight, Prince or King, you can imprison them. And then they take a slot in your royal court (you have only 9, which you need also for your own Knights). Visually you see iron bars in front of his face. You can later sell them for ransom, free them or kill them.

No. You can sell only for gold. But all what you do with him influences your relationship with the Kingdom of its origin and killing is really worse, it may make to drop your kingdom power... But hey, you have a free slot and other kingdom may loose a valuable Knight...

Not princesses but princes, king, marshals and governors...

wil that prisoners army be as long on the map till you decided what to do with them? or are they "out of sight" after a time but still there as option? (when you still have not decide what to do with them) or do you have to give the decision immedietly after
the battle?
and if they are on the map, is it possible to free them with another army?

no dungeon? sadness, would love to have a "metre de kerker" :)

but a dungeon is maybe a good idea for an addon. than you could do heroic liberations. free the comerades and the princess :)

MOST IMPORTAND QUESTION: what happens if you wanna caputure a knight, king, princess, etc. and the ****s are ALREADY FULL?

Frujin
27-03-2004, 09:28
Noble Sir Frank is right!

Bora
27-03-2004, 17:08
Originally posted by Frujin
Noble Sir Frank is right!

thx frujin for the confirmation. and as you can read there are some new questions just over your post ;)

Bora
29-03-2004, 09:20
*push*

rado907
29-03-2004, 17:24
thanks for the info
good stuff ;)