PDA

View Full Version : Any royal dynasty ?

Kortimus
29-02-2004, 20:40
Are any of the royale bloodline correct ? Like in Scandinavia we lost the direct royale bloodline with Margethe the first in around the 1400 century. What I mean is that have anyone look in too the royale families in Europe and the kings are the correct ones.

Henrik
29-02-2004, 21:43
If anyone needs the royal lines of the Scotish, the English and the French they should look at this link

TIMEREF.COM (http://www.btinternet.com/~timeref/index.htm) - that's a GREAT site which i visit very often

dearmad
29-02-2004, 23:30
PLEASE don't force history on us like this in the game- Europa Universalis was BORING because of it! Let the royal line develop as it will...

stupid historical events... really ruined that "game" for me.

Emhyr var Emreis
01-03-2004, 13:15
Are any of the royale bloodline correct ? Like in Scandinavia we lost the direct royale bloodline with Margethe the first in around the 1400 century. What I mean is that have anyone look in too the royale families in Europe and the kings are the correct ones.
I must say that I'm not sure if I understood you well.

Do you mean in game? Like capethiens in France, Przemysliden in Bohemia, Hohenstaufen in HRE, Plantagenets in England?
It can be in starting points of game, but I can't imagine it will follow the history, because youare the creator of history since you enter the game. So then you, as capethian king of France, can merry your daughter wherever you want, not follow the history, so then it's not sure you will have 3 sons when you start to play as Phillipe the Fair. You can be sonless. It just depends on game. (Btw the engine must be great to include so many possibilities)

And how is it with children? what influence their number and sex? can a king be childless for a long time because of his wife and after he murder her and merry another one he can have children?

Kortimus
01-03-2004, 19:05
Yes I mean in the game. Sorry if u didn't understand it, but I think it would be as good of a game if there where some historical correct royale bloodline, maybe only if the name of the family was in the game. Then under some revolts the old royale family would be rebelleader or something.

And Dearmad-> I'm not looking for gettin' all historical correct with the royale families if there where any in the game. If it was historical correct it wasn't a free game.

Frank Fay
02-03-2004, 22:34
No we dont have complete bloodlines of Royal Families...the feature was thought of but dropped....reasons were many but one was that the game has to be kept dynamic and another was it would require a sheer ammount of research to have it for all kingdoms or we would only focus on the most important. But hell, which families were important, which dont? I dont want to be the guy who decides about it....