PDA

View Full Version : can i attack...?

Bubino
29-02-2004, 22:48
i've seen some screenshots with castle under siege, and i know that there are a lot of siege machines (ram, siege tower, trebuchet, ecc...), but i have a question:

if i'm right, there is only a castle in every territory, and that castle is in the capital city of the territory (or, better, is the center of that capital city!); correct?
now, i've seen also:
1) a lot of small villages, that have only production function, probably (food, weapons, iron...).
2) harbours, that have production function but are also very important for ships.
3) abbeys.
4) military outpost.

can i decide to attack these places or not? for example, can i decide to have a "small siege" agains an outpost?
or to attack a farm and destroy its production of food?

Elewyn
29-02-2004, 22:57
why besiege a village when you can plunder it? It's far faster and more effective, am I right?

Probably with military outposts or some fortified monasteries it makes sense :scratch: but with forces you can expect with your knight and forces you can expect in some country castle its easier to ambush imo.

Bubino
29-02-2004, 23:53
sorry what's the mean of "plunder"? :rolleyes:

the question about outpost is important also for another point: i don't understand the function of an outpost...

if an outpost has to be a defense for the capital, it's quite reasonable that i can chose: if i prefer attack every outpost in a kingdom, and then the castle, or if i ignore outposts and launch a quick attack to the castle (i hope quick! ;) );
and, besides, if my kingdom is under enemy's assault, i hope that outpost have an important rule and is very dangerous for enemy;
and, if enemy army has to moving near an outpost, for me it's reasonable that enemy is something like "due to" attack the outpost before he can move closer castle...

for example:
a castle-capital is perhaps located in the center of the kingdom: in every sides (north, east, west and south) there are streets to/from other kingdom, but in west and south sides there are two outpost (one for each side, obviously);
if enemy's army arrives from north or east, no problem (for enemy! :p ), it can assault castle directly (or also attacks before ouposts, if they prefer so!); but if enemy arrives from west or south, passing near outpost, he must fight against outpost before attack castle!

ehm, do you understand ? :D :rolleyes:

shagrath_the_dead
01-03-2004, 00:41
plunder means looting,
and i really LIKE that :D

Elewyn
01-03-2004, 09:48
plunder is to arrive into a village, pick whatever you want, kill everybody ho tried to resist and then fire it all up :viking:

Yea, we don't know yet what defense functions outposts have :(
I guess it would be good to have optoin to attack enemy knight by your archers when he's passing close to your fortified outpost (then move into CloseView to "castle" assault-I mean fortified outpost here, not capital town) and force him to battle and protect my realm capital from his forces for some time (and my reinforcements can arrive to the realm during this assault)

But devs should explain us the functions of fortified outposts better.:angel:

Henrik
01-03-2004, 13:17
Originally posted by Elewyn
plunder is to arrive into a village, pick whatever you want, kill everybody ho tried to resist and then fire it all up :viking:

Why a viking helmet Elewyn :scratch:.............. :D :D :D

Originally posted by Elewyn

Yea, we don't know yet what defense functions outposts have :(

But devs should explain us the functions of fortified outposts better.:angel:

To get back on the seriousness again !

I could imagine that an outpost would be able to build a palisade ( ie. if there are trees in the area ) as a minimum means of protection and if we are lucky a ditch.

Angryminer
01-03-2004, 13:59
Didn't Frank Fay or Frujin once tell us that outposts enable us to position units there (the higher the outpost's level, the higher the possible unit-count) to have a better defending-position?
(Or in case the enemy army marches directly to the capitol, you can break the siege with your troops from the outpost because your troops have rested etc.)

Angryminer

Haegemon
01-03-2004, 20:37
But if you can conquer an outpost, this means enter in close mode and assault it like a castle. :scratch:

Elewyn
01-03-2004, 21:40
I think that answer is YES. screenshots like this (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//english/screenshot.php?screenshot=0090&all=0092|0093|0088|0091|0083|0082|0090|0079|0084|0 080|0086|0071|0072|0070|0085|0081|0087|0078|0069|0 089) make me guess it.

It is either battle near vilage which moved into it or assault of a village=outpost

Angryminer
01-03-2004, 21:43
They should really remove this screenshot.
It spots a bad light on KoH's athmosphere (those farmworkers...).

Angryminer

Elewyn
01-03-2004, 21:45
Originally posted by Angryminer
They should really remove this screenshot.
It spots a bad light on KoH's athmosphere (those farmworkers...).

Angryminer They probably should remane it "these farmers will disappear in game" :D

Haegemon
02-03-2004, 20:10
In Frank words _"They definately wont continue to work...."

Thread (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=418&perpage=25&pagenumber=1)

Bora
02-03-2004, 20:37
Originally posted by Haegemon
In Frank words _"They definately wont continue to work...."

Thread (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=418&perpage=25&pagenumber=1)

yes,... so i think they just run out of the map

Frank Fay
02-03-2004, 22:54
or inside the houses....

rado907
03-03-2004, 07:28
Originally posted by Frank Fay
or inside the houses.... make it inside the church, guys! that would be way more realistic

Bora
03-03-2004, 11:28
Originally posted by Frank Fay
or inside the houses....

stupid ones,... the houses get burned! :angry:

Bora
03-03-2004, 11:30
Originally posted by rado907
make it inside the church, guys! that would be way more realistic

inside the church,... nice,... have one of you seen the movie "the patriot"? :D

i dont think its taht realistic when they run into the church realistic is just that they run FAR away from the enemy

but important is that they do something more realistic then just standing arround till one thinks: "oh i have a sword in my back, but i have still soooo much work to do,... tralalalala" :D