PDA

View Full Version : Bloody battle?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

contactkoh
06-03-2004, 22:13
Hi,
1. i was just wondering, will the battles involve any blood, gores, effects or is this censored for Minors?
(eg. like Blood on the ground, body parts flying, blood squarking in the air, etc) i would personally like to see such effects.

2. also, will units be able to fall from castle? (eg. an archer on the roof gets shot & falls to the ground?)

Vytis
07-03-2004, 02:51
And please make sure we'll see some guts spilling (maybe even what they had for breakfast)...

:)

hulkster225
07-03-2004, 05:42
lol, I don't think it should be that graphic, but there should definitely be blood.

Frank Fay
07-03-2004, 10:33
The units which die, just disappear. No blood, no gore....some units may burn when hit by boiling oil or fire arrows.

It is our philosophy that there is no need for exaggerated death animations.

Kuno of Gersenau
07-03-2004, 13:01
But before they disappear, they fall down or not?:confused:

Shade
07-03-2004, 14:59
I don't understand why you are cutting off all the good stuff?

wouldnt you wanna see how your men throw the enemy off the walls or roofs or how your knights cutting off parts of enemy bodies ...?

realism isn't that whats all about?!
I personaly look firs after the realism in a game and then the rest...

I dont thing it will take so much time to add a little more graphics...

And after all its gonna be the best RTS game! so why not to go with that mood?!

Angryminer
07-03-2004, 15:16
The good stuff remains.
Knight management, diplomacy, good variety of units, espionage, terrain-advantage in battles etc. etc.

If you want to see gore, play ut2k4. ;)

Angryminer

Jarlabanke
07-03-2004, 16:25
Since when had Ut gore in it? Whatever little gore it has is nothing compared to Sof2 , or vietcong for that matter.

Kuno of Gersenau
07-03-2004, 17:42
I think its not necessairi that they are choped with a lot of blood...
Let they simply fall down on the ground and then they can disapper in a better world...:D

Henrik
07-03-2004, 18:27
i'll agree with the rest of ya all - i personally don't see the need for battles where blood'n gore is flying around.

I think that the game will have so much great stuff that you wont really miss the blood'n gore "feature"

Elewyn
07-03-2004, 18:33
This is not Hollywood action :D

Bodies can lie on the ground for short time before they disappear. That's my note. And also falling from the walls would be nice detail, but not necessary!!

Vytis
07-03-2004, 18:56
"Bodies can lie on the ground for short time before they disappear" by being eaten by small angry hamsters.

dearmad
07-03-2004, 19:21
I personally see the need for the bodies to remain for a time on the ground:

1: It reflects what you've done. People have died.

2: It allows you a moment to think and role play a little better. That sort of "walk the battle field" moment to mourn the decision and maybe think about diplomacy rather than continued warmongering.

3: It can remind you of what happened where in the battle so you procede tactically accordingly. If you see a lot of knights dead in one area you an remember that you HAD a lot of knights and now don't and things look grim: maybe retreat.

I don't want overdone death animations, but having people literally disappear the moment they hit the ground is a far less moral decision to the game than having the bodies remain for a time. It's doesn't refelct the reality of the game decision you've made and is like the ostrich burying his head rather than learning, truly, how to avoid what is gruesome.

Kuno of Gersenau
07-03-2004, 20:17
Well thats true, I meant that they should rest for a short time on the ground, maybe like in AoK...

Bora
07-03-2004, 21:07
Originally posted by Frank Fay
The units which die, just disappear. No blood, no gore....some units may burn when hit by boiling oil or fire arrows.

It is our philosophy that there is no need for exaggerated death animations.

you could also let them lay down where they died.
so i agree with dearmad

Emhyr var Emreis
07-03-2004, 23:11
"This is not Hollywood action!" Hey, why didn't you let Frank to say it?!?!

Jarlabanke
07-03-2004, 23:19
It was kind of nice in M:TW when you'd have the you just had been defending all covered in corpses, gave you a feeling of acomplishment...

rado907
08-03-2004, 01:00
yeah, units should at least leave corpses!

Bora
08-03-2004, 14:33
the problem is not only the violonce thing, some countries make problems if the game seems to be too brutal. and as we know the definition of brutality is for everyone a bit different.
but in games its always blood and pices of bodys (like after an explosion) what defines the brutality. the dead bodys in mtw made no problem in any country. so there could be a compromise:

no blood but dead boddys

King Yngvar
08-03-2004, 14:54
It was kind of nice in M:TW when you'd have the you just had been defending all covered in corpses, gave you a feeling of acomplishment...

I agree...

I also think there should be blood floating in rivers and blood splashing out of the warriors when they are hit by a sword. And of course, when arrows hit someone it stays in the body when the man fall down. Heads should also be seperated from their bodies at times :D