PDA

View Full Version : burning oil

vyanvotts
29-10-2003, 00:45
in stornghold there was the ablility to throw boiling hot oil on any enemys attacking the castle, in my opinion this was a great ability and i enjoyed it alot. Will this be in KOH or anything like this? any other traps that can be used in your castle, such as murder holes?

this would be great, anyone else agree?

Frank Fay
29-10-2003, 09:43
We will have burning Oil :) But we will make a special feature story about sieges and assaulting castles.... then we will reveal the full monty of siege equipment and defence opportunities.

The Preacher
29-10-2003, 20:17
I hope you wont forget the throwing of cows with catapults and hollow wooden rabbits. They prooved to be successful on a number of occasions, especially in Monthy Python and the holy grail ;)

Carcassone
29-10-2003, 21:10
them rabid rabbits can be vicious.

Yeah, flinging a cow over the walls would be nice...it was one of the first acts of bioterrorism.

Will sieging armies have the ability to starve out another players castle. Not all sieges were decided by battles a number of them resulted in a king's,knights, etc's supplies running out. Any info on that?

Frank Fay
30-10-2003, 12:28
Yes you can starve out but there are even more possibilities, linked to the Knight's skills who leads the battle.

Pikeman
30-10-2003, 12:53
How about sending some poor guys to climb up the garderobes, so as to secretly open the gate and let in their pals. That was a frequently used trick and often worked (except for the guy who had to go round afterwards, smelling like a toilet pit!).:sick:

Spudster
31-10-2003, 01:06
or maybe having movable ladders that could be floded up when travelling and then you could set them against the castle wall and get in....like in Lord of the Rings......but it will take a really long time to get the "knowledge" to get that stuff...so it is harder than it looks to get the option of the ladders.....

vyanvotts
31-10-2003, 03:04
they have ladders in stronghold, pretty cool in my opinion, although they did die rather quick

and guys defending the walls could push the ladders away from the wall, when people were climbing it. that was a good idea.

Greeny
31-10-2003, 03:53
Them ladders were awful hehe, easier just to buy a Treb. :p