PDA

View Full Version : a Q to the devs

shagrath_the_dead
07-03-2004, 12:45
i watched the return of the king yesterday again and i was wondering
do our units have warhorns(dunno excact word in english)
like a horn from a cow which a soldier blows on when they start attacking etc etc

and do units have musicians with em?,i know they had it back in those days,my warhammer legions have :D

Henrik
07-03-2004, 14:24
I wouldn't bet on it ;) - it also look like to me that you're mixing fantasy with reality :eek: - i believe that back in those days they would use verbal commands and signal flags to issue orders to the troops.

Angryminer
07-03-2004, 14:46
Some shouted commands from far away would add some flair too.
And the flags shouldn't float in the middle of a unit, but all the soldiers should gather around the flag-carrier and take formation depending on unit-type (peasants just follow the flag).
Together with those promissed battle-sounds that would be pretty cool.

Perhaps that horn/music vs flags/commands-thingy should depend on the knight or his nation. I'm sure some commander used music and some used simple commands.

Angryminer

shagrath_the_dead
07-03-2004, 17:47
Originally posted by Henrik
I wouldn't bet on it ;) - it also look like to me that you're mixing fantasy with reality :eek: - i believe that back in those days they would use verbal commands and signal flags to issue orders to the troops.

TY for the explanation henrik,i really thought that those horns and bagpipes and flutes where used during marches etc etc :)

Henrik
07-03-2004, 18:22
Originally posted by shagrath_the_dead
TY for the explanation henrik,i really thought that those horns and bagpipes and flutes where used during marches etc etc :)

You're welcome :) - btw, you're probably right on that they may have used bagpipes, horn and the like when they marched.

Bagpipe
07-03-2004, 18:23
Yep. Hoping to use bagpipes.:D

shagrath_the_dead
07-03-2004, 18:23
:) true
but would be cool to see your reinforcements walk in the map with bagpipes and horns and drums and flutes eh :)

Havoc
09-03-2004, 00:57
yep

ArmosaDrako
14-03-2004, 00:47
I gots 3 questions:

Will you see tracks in the snow in the snowy areas from your troops, makes them easier to find by enemy?

Are there going to be any animals in the game, like roaming deer, bears, birds, etc...?

If animals exists, will there be a hunting skill to kill dear, etc...for meat, hides?? maybe i'm asking too much with this question?

ArmosaDrako
15-03-2004, 05:03
Is there a possibility of getting a screen shot of "political map" that i've heard of in the game in one of the answers provided for finding your relationship with other nations?

ArmosaDrako
16-03-2004, 05:28
Anybody?

Darius
16-03-2004, 13:34
Well Drako.... look here (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=584), hope it'll answer your questions:D

Nike
16-03-2004, 13:58
As far as I know, music was widely used in those times (especially drums). Bot mostly for improving the morale.

ArmosaDrako
16-03-2004, 16:09
Originally posted by Darius
Well Drako.... look here (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=584), hope it'll answer your questions:D

Thanks but no...I was looking for a more global Political map, like a spreadsheet sort of, medievil style, name of nation, leader, population, ally 1-5 stars, Areas owned, etc...

Frank Fay
24-03-2004, 17:49
do our units have warhorns No, sorry..

Will you see tracks in the snow in the snowy areas from your troops, makes them easier to find by enemy? No because you will see always your enemy if he is on your lands or if you are on his (realm).

Are there going to be any animals in the game, like roaming deer, bears, birds, etc...? Yes, we will have at least wales, dolphins in water. And deers and wolves in the woods. Maybe others...Frujin?

If animals exists, will there be a hunting skill to kill dear, etc...for meat, hides?? maybe i'm asking too much with this question? No you dont ask too much mate. No skill, the animals are only decoration.

Bora
24-03-2004, 19:08
hunting skill in a RTS game,... REAL strange!
anyone remembers the game "deer hunter"? :D

Darius
24-03-2004, 19:10
I do... a cool game;) always wanted to wack some deers, but never had the heart to do in real life.....