07-03-2004, 15:47
Hello!

My question: are there turkish units in the game like
Janissaries or Siphais?
Is the Ottoman Empire playable?
Please Answer!

Kuno of Gersenau
07-03-2004, 16:46
Janissary are in, look in the unit showcase...

So I think its clear that the Ottoman Empire is in...:)

Elewyn
07-03-2004, 18:28
Can you imagine medieval europe without ottoman empire? That's my answer. Because it's crucial state, so it is in. There are many less important states also like Scotland etc :D

Kuno of Gersenau
07-03-2004, 20:08
or Bohemia...:D ;)

Elewyn
07-03-2004, 21:11
Bohemia, yes, another one.... and Switzerland is next :D

*paying with the same coin*:cheers:

Emhyr var Emreis
07-03-2004, 23:09
or frankish empire :D

Seriously: Sipahi's should be in game. Probably when the game is expanding in units.

chakler 1396
08-03-2004, 13:48
Hi again!

What about the seljuks?
And how are new empires gonna be beginn?
A example: The next turkish empire after the seldjuks were the Ottomans.

Are there different buildings at the muslims then the europeans?
And why the are Jannissarier (at the unit Showcase) shown as archers? They were Infantry men as well as archers!

chakler 1396
08-03-2004, 13:53
Can i do Jihads? Like in the game "Medieval"?
That could be great man!!!

Bora
08-03-2004, 14:17
Originally posted by chakler 1396
Can i do Jihads? Like in the game "Medieval"?
That could be great man!!!

you can do crusades so a tshihad should also be possible, but i think frank&frujin should confirm it :)

Nike
08-03-2004, 14:44
The Janissaries are only Infantry! Don't make the mistake like Tzar! The Janissaries were the royal sultan army and they were ONLY infantry.

chakler 1396
08-03-2004, 14:52
The janissaries were Infantry and archers! They were carrying in the early middleages bows! Later theye carried guns!
There were three types of the janissaries: The bowmen, the heavy, and the normal Infantry! I am a turk and i read a book about them!

King Yngvar
08-03-2004, 15:38
If there is an Ottoman Empire, that should only be for the late period. Before that, Selchuks of Rum...

Elewyn
08-03-2004, 16:28
Hi again!

What about the seljuks?
And how are new empires gonna be beginn?
A example: The next turkish empire after the seldjuks were the Ottomans.

Are there different buildings at the muslims then the europeans?
And why the are Jannissarier (at the unit Showcase) shown as archers? They were Infantry men as well as archers!
Seljuks are in high medieval period as well as ottomans are in late. This can be sure.

I don't know why the devs decided for janissars as archers, but I know why only archers. It seems that in KoH have only one "type". another example can be the templars: they were mostly knights (cavalry), but here they are only footmen-infantry, because footmen are more specified by regions than cavalry units in this game.
You should wait, because there gonna be some more muslim units soon.

With buildings it's I hope similar. Devs said there will be 3 styles of town look, I hope it will be not only castles, but castles+all buildings

Empires? Two ways. Chose diferent time period and there will be diferent kingdoms. The second way: A rebelion emerges in a realm and when rebels capture the capital of the realm (town/castle) there is new kingdom/empire.

I know it's not enough, but all I'm able to say now. Devs?

Nike
09-03-2004, 08:53
Originally posted by chakler 1396
The janissaries were Infantry and archers! They were carrying in the early middleages bows! Later theye carried guns!
There were three types of the janissaries: The bowmen, the heavy, and the normal Infantry! I am a turk and i read a book about them!

Yes, I meant that archers are "infantry" too - they are not mounted! We studied two weeks ago for the turkish yoke, the Ottoman empire and especially for the administration and army. So that's why I said that Janissaries were infantry - not mounted.

Frujin
09-03-2004, 09:19
Janissaries are included as infantry equally well fighting hand-to-hand and ranged combat.

Ottoman light cavalry is also in. But it's used not only by Ottomans - it's common for muslim states in Asia Minor.

@chakler 1396: What "1396" is supposed to mean in your nick name?

Nike
09-03-2004, 12:37
Originally posted by Frujin
@chakler 1396: What "1396" is supposed to mean in your nick name? [/B]

Hah, that's exactly what I asked him in a PM! Strange coincidence!

btw I'm glad you haven't made mounted janissaries and are holding strict to the historical realism!

chakler 1396
10-03-2004, 13:22
I knew that this question will com!:p! The ottoman empire has beginned at 1396 i think!?

chakler 1396
10-03-2004, 13:25
Well, whats when i beginn with the seljuks and i arrive the year when the ottoman empire beginns?
I want the moderaters answer!:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

chakler 1396
10-03-2004, 13:31
Whats about Siphais now? Do they gonna be in the game?

Havoc
10-03-2004, 13:36
i dont think they are going to go into so much detail with the units there is like too many