PDA

View Full Version : Ships and such

Pages : [1] 2

Jarlabanke
29-10-2003, 12:04
How will ships and moving troops across water work in the game?

Carcassone
29-10-2003, 21:07
Will ships even be involved in the game? Will the maps be landlocked?

Spudster
30-10-2003, 00:35
will there even be water...or just one big land mass in some scenarios.....but also the ocean in one and maybge a big river that ships could travel up (if there are ships)

vyanvotts
30-10-2003, 00:49
i dont think the maps are land locked

there seems to be water in this map
water on map (http://www.knights-of-honor.net/gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0006.jpg)

and if you look on this screenshot, there does seem to be a port on the city above cornwall
england map (http://www.knights-of-honor.net/gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0036.jpg)

Spudster
30-10-2003, 03:34
Originally posted by Carcassone
Will ships even be involved in the game? Will the maps be landlocked?

look at this! (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/knightsofhonor/screens_6076427.html?page=12)

ships definetly in the game.....I just figured it out that Europe is actually the gameset here...look at the bottom where it says gamesopt on it....here! (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/knightsofhonor/screens_6076427.html?page=2)

vyanvotts
30-10-2003, 03:44
i knew that europe was the game set already but i never seen that screen shot with the boats in, thanks for that.

fireball21
30-10-2003, 04:23
i hadnt seen it either. thanks:)

Greeny
30-10-2003, 05:24
*rubs his mitts*
Ohh yes, i now have everything i need to launch my terror campaign against Normandy :wacko:

Jerome
30-10-2003, 11:04
obviously you would need big ships to transport your armies for conquering the rest of europe from england or vice versa...:p

the more i read about this game; the more i wanna play it; NOW:D

Pioneer
30-10-2003, 21:14
Will it be possible to interdict a potential invader and fight him at sea?

I hope naval battles will be possible. The battle of Sluys fought in June 1340 resulted in the loss of some a claimed 20-50,000 (modern estimates of around 15,000 scarcely diminishes the scale of the defeat inflicted on Philip IV) French soldiers and sailors. While naval battles were fairly messy with ranged fire of crossbows and bows at fairly close quarters and savage hand to hand fighting when ships met, it would broaden the strategic considerations and most importantly the sheer fun for player with access to the sea. A player controlling England could for instance blockade French ports as happened during the Hundred Years War. Venice or its rival Genoa were obviously mercantile powers but that power was grounded in a powerful naval arm. If the naval aspect is just a matter of transport and merchant ships the beautiful artwork for those vessels would be wasted.

Carcassone
30-10-2003, 22:18
Naval battles would make for an interesting addition to gameplay, but I haven't heard anything on the topic from our moderators...I will add however that ships may be part of the game just for a supply route aspect.

Can a moderator asnser the "ship" question, what role will ships have in KoH or will there even be ships present in the game.

vyanvotts
31-10-2003, 03:17
Originally posted by Greeny
*rubs his mitts*
Ohh yes, i now have everything i need to launch my terror campaign against Normandy :wacko:

Exactly what i was thinking, Britannia rules the waves;)

fireball21
31-10-2003, 04:07
naval battles could make the difference of winning or losing a war. i hope they add it.:)

Jarlabanke
31-10-2003, 11:01
When my vikings are done there won't even be a Britannia :p

Frujin
31-10-2003, 12:53
There are ships in the game. There are Knight skills related to them as well. About naval battles, I'm sorry, but I can't reveal more at the moment.

hase957
31-10-2003, 13:00
the game isnīt land locked, because the map is europe, and how would you came too England without ships?
Perhaps you canīt fight with ships, but will be tradeship (because you can trade) and ships to transport your units!
:D :D :cool: :)

Carcassone
31-10-2003, 22:20
Originally posted by Frujin
There are ships in the game. There are Knight skills related to them as well. About naval battles, I'm sorry, but I can't reveal more at the moment.

Hmmm, well if there weren't naval battles then the statement would have been made eh Frujin?

Do you have an ETA for naval disclosure? Just throw us a bone or something, just a meager one?

vyanvotts
01-11-2003, 00:26
ah sweet, that means there must be some sort of naval battle in! otherwise he woulda said so ;)

Pioneer
01-11-2003, 02:40

There must certainly be transports of some sorts or else much of the early game would be a pointless as there could be no Vikings. That bit of common sense taken with the statement above makes it highly possible that there could be quite a substantial naval aspect to the game. It does make the waiting harder though:) .

Elewyn
01-12-2003, 00:55
Originally posted by Frujin

This is such old answer. What abot now. Can you reveal us more about naval battles?