PDA

View Full Version : Sieges

Carcassone
29-10-2003, 22:39
I've somewhat posted this in a different thread; however, I have some questions for the moderators:

First of all, will succesful sieges involve only battles? The point I'm getting at is whether or not a sieging army can starve their foes out?

Will siege weapons like Trebuchets and catapults be really accurate? I.e. will they hit their target or nearly hit their target each time a projectile is thrown.

Will there be varying types of catapults?

Spudster
30-10-2003, 00:40
you could have pressed the edit button and change that.....;)

Jerome
30-10-2003, 11:27
in some other games i have seen that sieges can be won by simply surround a castle with your mighty army and wait a while for the castle's resources to run out...

this also would give the defender some time to call for reinforcements (if any)

In any event, laying a siege should not be an easy thing; i think in reality the defender should always have a major advantage. In fact; an attacker should not be able to lay siege for a very long period of time. After all; they have to eat as well...

Spudster
31-10-2003, 01:01
they could have a storage of food in the castle....and it would be nice if the arrows coming from the castle would go down into the person and not just in the general direction....maybe they already do that..havent played enough startegy games to know...just 1 or 2....

fireball21
31-10-2003, 03:57
they would need alot of food:D

Pikeman
31-10-2003, 19:39
What was very weird about M:TW: Some castles could survive many years, sometimes even infinate amounts of time under siege, if the garrison was very small. The devs probably didn't take into acount, the fact that any food would be a bit mouldy after about 10 years. I hope to see more realistic sieges in KoH.

Carcassone
31-10-2003, 21:08
Speaking of food storage, there must be a way to change rations whether being sieged or not.

Additionally, I wonder if there is some indication of how long a siege castle can hold out. I wonder this since there is no declaration of time within the game except for the day/night cycles.

fireball21
31-10-2003, 23:55
i hope there is a way to control how much food to put in the castle until you run out of food you produced

vyanvotts
01-11-2003, 00:15
Originally posted by Pikeman
What was very weird about M:TW: Some castles could survive many years, sometimes even infinate amounts of time under siege, if the garrison was very small. The devs probably didn't take into acount, the fact that any food would be a bit mouldy after about 10 years. I hope to see more realistic sieges in KoH.

Oh yeah i remmber this, and you would get the 2 man army holding out against a big seige outside for about 10 years, you would have thought they would have died of madness by then.