PDA

View Full Version : Fire

Pages : [1] 2

hawk_knight
12-03-2004, 21:07
Can you burn siege towers catapults etc and a forest to slow the enemy down:D

Havoc
13-03-2004, 01:49
i would expect to be able to burn siege towers but i dont think u can burn the forest but u never know unless the dev tells u

ArmosaDrako
13-03-2004, 02:14
that would **** severly if the forests burn down, then no more wood to make arrows and such, damn...i hope the forests can't burn down...or at least not all of it...:nono:

Havoc
13-03-2004, 02:45
well i dont see how u would be able to stop it so it would ****( i think they wouldnt do that to us)

ArmosaDrako
13-03-2004, 04:20
Originally posted by Havoc
well i dont see how u would be able to stop it so it would ****( i think they wouldnt do that to us)

yeah...maybe the monks can call forth rain, do a little rain dance or something...lol

Havoc
13-03-2004, 04:23
devs pay attention this is golden material:D

ArmosaDrako
13-03-2004, 05:07
Originally posted by Havoc
devs pay attention this is golden material:D

hehe

Frank Fay
13-03-2004, 09:45
Forest wont be able to be burned, about siege equipment....Frujin ?

Frujin
13-03-2004, 09:49
Yes, hello! Siege equipment can be burnt in World View during march, so the army can be speeded up. I hope that helps ...

Elewyn
13-03-2004, 10:52
I hope not only during the march, but also during assault...

Frank Fay
13-03-2004, 13:14
no but you can kill the crewmen and capture the siege equipment...isnt that better ?

Elewyn
13-03-2004, 13:21
It's just one way how to stop it. That's very good option, but when you fire up the tower full of enemies, you kill them all (or at least most of them). When you kill crewmen you only disable it to move.

And with the ram. It's unable to be fired? Hot oil had two purpouses to be used. It's hot and everything can be fired easily then...

ArmosaDrako
13-03-2004, 14:26
Originally posted by Frank Fay
no but you can kill the crewmen and capture the siege equipment...isnt that better ?

so you can capture the siege equipment, nice...so once you capture it, does it change to your color...like banners or flags and then bring it back with you?

Havoc
13-03-2004, 14:44
i bet it does just like in CivIII

Bora
13-03-2004, 15:15
Originally posted by Elewyn
It's just one way how to stop it. That's very good option, but when you fire up the tower full of enemies, you kill them all (or at least most of them). When you kill crewmen you only disable it to move.

And with the ram. It's unable to be fired? Hot oil had two purpouses to be used. It's hot and everything can be fired easily then...

you watched to many times "gladiator" ;)

ok,... lets say you are able to burn down the forest, then i bet the next is coming and asks: "do you see the burned forest in the worldmap? and have you woodworkers do let the forest regrow?... etc.". so let the forest be alife and the game can be released THIS YEAR ;)

Bora
13-03-2004, 15:20

well it would be better if you could destroy the siege during the battle, and this by all kinds of units (archers with fire arrows, rest with theyre normal weapons,... when the siege burns it should bunr all the battle long at after it, its just away --> destroyed)
but if the siege is ok after the battle and you won you can decide to capture it (like the freature in mechwarrior where you can capture weopons and mechs after a succsefull battle,... if the equipment survived of course ;))

edit: if troops except archers are destroying the siege, you see the siege crushibg and the pices laying on the ground, just like the dead boys ;)

the siege dont need to be cut in lttle logs, but the mainpices should brake, like the "throwing arm" from a catapult etc.

Frank Fay
13-03-2004, 19:56
when the crewmen are dead, the siege equipment is "disabled". After the battle you get a notification about the captured siege equipment. You dont take over it during the battle.

Bora
13-03-2004, 20:51
when the crewmen are dead, the siege equipment is "disabled". After the battle you get a notification about the captured siege equipment. You dont take over it during the battle.

ok, makes sense, but the fact that seige are not destroyable during the battle seems to be crazy. i mean that equipment is almost 100% made of wood and not strong like a leopard2 tank.

example, your archers have that fire skill that we talk about in the other thread. and lets say they are near enough to hit the siege + crew. it would look crazy if the crew gets burned and dies and the siege dont even gets a scarf of it.

Henrik
13-03-2004, 20:57
Originally posted by Bora
ok, makes sense, but the fact that seige are not destroyable during the battle seems to be crazy. i mean that equipment is almost 100% made of wood and not strong like a leopard2 tank.

example, your archers have that fire skill that we talk about in the other thread. and lets say they are near enough to hit the siege + crew. it would look crazy if the crew gets burned and dies and the siege dont even gets a scarf of it.

Yeahh, you're right Bora but you forgot to mention the Tower catapults also ie. what do we need them fore if it's not to destroy the attacking siege equipment :confused:

One could begin to fear that the game with its many features are beginning to sorta grow over their heads :rolleyes: ..........a little !

Bora
14-03-2004, 05:49
Originally posted by Henrik
Yeahh, you're right Bora but you forgot to mention the Tower catapults also ie. what do we need them fore if it's not to destroy the attacking siege equipment :confused:

One could begin to fear that the game with its many features are beginning to sorta grow over their heads :rolleyes: ..........a little !

well, also archers or other siege equipment could be able to destroy the tower catapults.

just to say it: when troops, except archers are not touching the siege (except the crew :D) then it makes sense, cause they need to capture it for the next battle,... OK!!!

BUT archers are working different they are fighting from distance and making kind of area damage. means in example:

you have 20-30 archers in the group and they are fireing on the enemy,... everone knows that this fire is not sniper like what means some arrows will hit and some will not hit.
and if you use fire arrwows and shoot on a siege and its crew, it would look like this:

some arrows will just fly to the ground, some will hit the crew,.. some will cause inoscent casultys like a poor rabbit, just passing the battle field at the wrong time and get fried by the arrows :D (just a joke)... and some will hit the siege itself and it starts to burn. means aftert he battle the siege is destroyed.