PDA

View Full Version : The name of the game is incorrect

Pages : [1] 2 3

Colonel_Oz
14-03-2004, 16:46
They have spelt Honour wrongly in the name of this game, why have they done this? It has put me off buying the game when its released. I know it is the American way of spelling it, but to my knowledge there were not any American knights of this period.

Spell it in German or French or whatever but American....why? for me it devalues the seriousness of the game, it gives the impression that the game is going to be unrealistic.

Elewyn
14-03-2004, 16:48
You're right. But if you look at game itself, not at name, you won't find game which is more realistic ATM.:cheers:

Jarlabanke
14-03-2004, 17:36
Funny that the address to the site is Knights-of-honour.com...

Bora
14-03-2004, 18:08
if this is the only problem, they could release the game the next week ;)

Henrik
14-03-2004, 20:31
Originally posted by Colonel_Oz
They have spelt Honour wrongly in the name of this game, why have they done this? It has put me off buying the game when its released. I know it is the American way of spelling it, but to my knowledge there were not any American knights of this period.

Spell it in German or French or whatever but American....why? for me it devalues the seriousness of the game, it gives the impression that the game is going to be unrealistic.

If this minor detail is all it takes for your day to get ruined - then i really think you need to sit down and re-evaluate your life IMHO and you'll probably agree with me, coz what you've basicaly said was: I'm not gonna purchase this game because of a misspelling ! one could ask what is the most the important to you A)the spelling of the game's titel or B)the gameplay ! - i'll know which one i would pick - don't you !

I also must say that can't believe that you're serious, because it's just about the dumbest and one of the worst cases of immaturity i've ever come across on this board !
(i'm sorry for being so honest and straightforward)

ArmosaDrako
14-03-2004, 20:59
Originally posted by Jarlabanke
Funny that the address to the site is Knights-of-honour.com...

actually it's true but if you put http://www.knights-of-honor.net/ it's spelled properly.

Jarlabanke
14-03-2004, 21:00
It's both www.knights-of-honour.com works too

ArmosaDrako
14-03-2004, 21:03
yeah i saw that, i edited my post, it could be just a speeeeling mistake, lol

ArmosaDrako
14-03-2004, 21:04
Regardless of the Spelling, i'm Canadian and i don't care if it's Honor or Honour, i'm still bying it for the gameplay...now if it said, knights of Honur then i would send them an email but i'd still by the game.

LadyH
14-03-2004, 22:53
:eek:
Colonel_Oz Sir, you're so right.
Knights are almost british and then it's spelled wrong

but i think it's more a marketing thing to spell it honor
maybe they will bring out a packaging for UK with right spelling on it?
:)

Vajk
15-03-2004, 00:25
This is soooooooooo stupid man! Oz you must be one of those American haters right?!

Sorry, someone had to tell you!
Beside I think this game (any game ) needs the US market more than your EU knights help if it want to make the big bucks!

Bora
15-03-2004, 01:42
Originally posted by Henrik
If this minor detail is all it takes for your day to get ruined - then i really think you need to sit down and re-evaluate your life IMHO and you'll probably agree with me, coz what you've basicaly said was: I'm not gonna purchase this game because of a misspelling ! one could ask what is the most the important to you A)the spelling of the game's titel or B)the gameplay ! - i'll know which one i would pick - don't you !

I also must say that can't believe that you're serious, because it's just about the dumbest and one of the worst cases of immaturity i've ever come across on this board !

i think he didnt mean it that way,... but its funny that someone is complaining about the wrong spelling and not about the gameplay or a feature.

Colonel_Oz
15-03-2004, 13:14
Originally posted by Henrik

Get back in your pram and read my post again, it hasn't ruined my day at all I don't know where you got that from.

All im saying is that I wont be buying the game, I prefer my games to be serious and accurate and if the title of the game itself is inaccurate then I can assume the game will be too.

Colonel_Oz
15-03-2004, 13:16
Originally posted by Bora
i think he didnt mean it that way,... but its funny that someone is complaining about the wrong spelling and not about the gameplay or a feature.

Is there a demo? I will be willing to try out the gameplay for free.

Colonel_Oz
15-03-2004, 13:20
Originally posted by Vajk
This is soooooooooo stupid man! Oz you must be one of those American haters right?!

Sorry, someone had to tell you!
Beside I think this game (any game ) needs the US market more than your EU knights help if it want to make the big bucks!

Yup your right im just jealous.:rolleyes:

Colonel_Oz
15-03-2004, 13:30
Originally posted by Elewyn
ooooooohhh.

Sbdy is ofensive here.:eek: But you haven't red Henrik's carefully. What is more important for you: gameplay or name?
What yould you buy, if you have 2 chices:
medieval RTS game which is most historically accurate ever, but have bad spelled name or
game full of bugs where your population needs money for growth, you can play only England and France, is there one religion (but map includes eastern Europe, Northern Africa and Asia Minor), archers destroy stone walls by arrows, soldiers with their weapons etc., but this game has right and accurate name.
What of those 2 will you chose?

Let me guess. Second? :silly:

PS: You seem to be very silly (sorry to be that straight) if you judge game only from its name, knowing nothing more about it. Your fault.:D

Im sorry I didnt know you have played the game. Please let me try this gameplay you speak of.

And yes somebody is offensive here, but it isnt me, maybe YOU should read Henriks post again.

Colonel_Oz
15-03-2004, 13:43
Ok, but tell me, what do you know about his game? except bad name?

I don't mind which Henrik's post you react on, if it was his post.
Ofcourse I haven't played that game, nobody did. But, sorry, juge by name? isn't it silly? Maybe thet's the reason why I am so offensive now :bash:

The name of the game is very important, I bet the developers spent a long time discussing this issue. For me it is important too but when or if the demo comes out I will try the gameplay and if im wrong I will be the first to admit im wrong.

What im trying to get across is that the name implies to me that the game will be innacurate and not my type of game.

Elewyn
15-03-2004, 13:44
Oh, I should be calm, when meet there jokers like this, sorry to everybody

Colonel_Oz
15-03-2004, 14:15
and older one

I know what are you trying to say, but...
You know, I see forum member with his first post writing this game is inacurate etc. knowing nothing about it. Ofcourse, none of us played it yet, but from what I've seen this looks pretty good and most historically acurate game of this kind ever. And I think that I, Henrik, Bora etc. we all know more about this game and we want to influence it somehow. When you say first: you're silly, I won't buy it because of this detail in name (which can be changed whenever you want), you will be probably pissed off and influence nothing.

I noticed that mistake too, but I was curious more about the game than the name (first idea: huh, probably Americans.. I wonder how they deal with medieval Europe... oh, damn! this looks pretty good...)

And you know, when Americans will se Knights of Honour, they would wonder what does that means and don't buy it, but smart europeans will understand this is because of oversears :D *that's joke, ofcourse*

I didnt call anyone silly.

Colonel_Oz
15-03-2004, 14:21
To all those in this thread that think im silly or stupid.

The developers obviously think that if they spell it Honour then less Americans will buy the game, you must think this is silly as you think im silly. So you you think im right and silly, now im confused?