PDA

View Full Version : Grant independence??

canesten
29-06-2006, 19:31
Ok, didnt find this anywhere so here i go.
I'm playing Normandy, have united England and everything is tiptop, had alliance and wedding with highlands which united to Soctland. Now the evil evil swedes comes and invade Scotland, no more Scotland. Well i get pissed, invade the whole of scotland and kick out the swedes.
Is there anyway for me to grant independence to scotland now? like granting some unknown hidden AI the land. Hope u understand my probs and question.

Angryminer
29-06-2006, 19:48
Welcome to the forum! :halloha:
I understand what you mean. But creating a vasall from provinces or granting freedom to provinces is not possible. The only thing you may try is to get rebells to raise independance. To do so remove all buildings that grant happyness, build some more which make the people unhappy, raise taxes and keep nostalgia high by staying at war as long as possible (nostalgia can't go away while you are at war). Remove all fortifications from the town, leave no garrison and remove the townguard. You may be lucky and a scottish rebell conquers the town. After that you can give the second province to the new Scotland as a gift.
Sadly I can't offer any other help with this matter. I hope it works! :go:

Angryminer

Largefry07
29-06-2006, 20:02
Welcome to the forum! :halloha:
I understand what you mean. But creating a vasall from provinces or granting freedom to provinces is not possible. The only thing you may try is to get rebells to raise independance. To do so remove all buildings that grant happyness, build some more which make the people unhappy, raise taxes and keep nostalgia high by staying at war as long as possible (nostalgia can't go away while you are at war). Remove all fortifications from the town, leave no garrison and remove the townguard. You may be lucky and a scottish rebell conquers the town. After that you can give the second province to the new Scotland as a gift.
Sadly I can't offer any other help with this matter. I hope it works! :go:

Angryminer

I've done this before and a trick that I came up with helped speed this process along. Once the rebels/loyalist start ransacking the prov. take your army and attack. As soon as you attack retreat. Once your army is done retreating, attack the rebels again and retreat as soon as you enter into battle. Keep on repeating this process. Soon the rebel will become very power (since he has won many battles) and will quickly gather stregth to make a assault on the town.

Note: that if the rebel does take the town, you will be at war with the newly found kingdom.

Lord_Nick
29-06-2006, 21:05
Just wondering why you want an independent Scotland now that you own both the Highlands and Strathclyde? Historical accuracy? Having a potentially powerful adversary right next door? Masochism? Just curious.

Elvain
01-07-2006, 11:39
I have sometimes the same tendency and would be pleased if this would be possible in the game as a feature.

My reassons are that I don't wish to own everything and there are some kingdoms I feel sympathies...

PS: when you are at war with the newly emerged Scotland, you can grant them land hrough peace treaty :wink:

White Knight
17-07-2006, 02:45
hmm.. yeah I too have problems like that..

It's rare that you make a *true* friend with a country that does not
deep down have a plot to stab you in the back at some point after your king
(or) his dies. so even if that country is bright neon green harmonious with you..
either they themselves use that against you some how or another country
uses it to his own EvIl advantages like the fatmids for example.

I wish you could somehow keep these countries as friends threw out the game
as I have found it to be too depressing to lose friend after friend because of
betrayals.

It gets to the point where you even dont want to trade or talk with anyone!

theres been a few times that I have conquered almost ALL of europe
and when it gets to that point.. they all fear & hate you!
so no mater what you do it always ends up biting you in the arse later on
and everyone and their dog declares war on you. :(

Angryminer
17-07-2006, 07:32
Use marriage and wars to keep in touch with your friends. :go:
That usually works well.

Angryminer