PDA

View Full Version : About these boards

Moorkh
30-10-2003, 09:39
I've enjoyed my stay on these boards a lot so far, but something remains a mystery to me:
You have two forums, one labelled 'The Game', the other 'Comments and Suggestions'. If you take a closer look at them, you'll notice that the topics on both are just about the same - they would fit within the other just as well. In fact, it seems unclear what else about 'The Game' there is to discuss aside from 'Comments and Suggestions' (ok, questions, for one, butz they'd somewhat fit on the other board, too, and people are in fact posting them there, too). It is ovious that people here have a hard time telling where to post their threads.

I suggest that you either merge the two boards into one to adapt to the current situation or clearly outline what is to be discussed in each one. For example, relabel the 'Game' boards into 'General Discussion' and make it clear that the 'Comments and Suggestions' (why not 'Questions and Suggestions'? Rhymes are always nice ;) ) are the place where the dev people are listening. A mod would then have to move threads around correspondingly. This would, of course, be an opportunity to add the suggested 'Roleplaying' and - if you're up to it - OT boards.

Just my 2 cents...

Pikeman
30-10-2003, 13:02
I think that an OT board would be an excellent idea!

Spudster
31-10-2003, 01:44
I would actually suggest more an area called something like "Website" or something where you can post idea or questions about the website. When the game comes out there will be more areas like "so and so part of the game" or "Technical questions"....but your idea is a good one for now!

vyanvotts
31-10-2003, 03:03
yeah an OT section is pretty needed now.

fireball21
31-10-2003, 04:05
website, OT, and roleplay boards are all needed. they will probly add them later. the forum is still young.

Spudster
01-11-2003, 15:24
no kidding...not very many avatars either....but i would also like a section for newbies when the game come out...so familiars could give advice to newbies...