PDA

View Full Version : Structures

Carcassone
30-10-2003, 22:26
I've read a little on the board about structures here and there i.e. castle structures as well as a comment about churches and cathedrals.

My question involves the number of structures and what types of structures will be available in the game. Additionally will the structures have varying displays i.e. are they all from the same cookie cutter mold in orientation, size, and so forth.

My other question about structures involves structure erection. Will we the gamers be placing structures? Or will our Lords be involved in structure construction? Or will the simple fact of our ownership of any given county enable a settlement to spawn new buildings according to the settlements ability to sustain itself, something like Sim City? Will a Lords power have an influence on the town's development.

If we, the Kings that is, are to place buildings are they erected via peanants ala AoK or will the automatically be built before our eyes?

Pioneer
30-10-2003, 23:05
From a question I posted there will be urban churches and monasteries in the suburbs beyond the town walls. Now the question might be whether a player builds any of this or they or is their construction put at one remove for gameplay reasons? Monasteries and churches might be building constructed directly or perhaps through some sort of endowment that causes a town and some secular priests (ordinary priests who were not monks) to build a church or if the king or lord grants land to some regular priests (i.e. following a rule or regulus) and brothers they might build a monastery.

I am just speculating but I do hope that where control is removed (perhaps in terms of constructing town buildings) there is some sort of creative replacement.