PDA

View Full Version : Should mercenaries be controled like the regulary troops or not?

Pages : [1] 2

Bora
24-03-2004, 01:19
That question had become really hot discusset in the last days, that i made a poll. so please vote!

Haegemon
24-03-2004, 01:48
Of course. I want to control mercenaries like other units. Manual or auto using a knight.

Elewyn
24-03-2004, 09:07
I guess you know my choice from templars thread :)

Bora
24-03-2004, 11:58
much more visitors, then voters. do the other guys here have no opinion? :confused:
so please vote! :)

Rnett
24-03-2004, 13:22
No, they're big guys and can execute my orders all by themselves.:p

Besides, I have more important things to do in my kingdom, then to be looking after some bastards.:eek: :beek: :blob:

Bora
24-03-2004, 15:26
come on guys, we have almost 50 readers, but only 8 votes :(
moooore voteing please! :)

Siena
24-03-2004, 17:22
it is very difficult to make a choice in this poll. I mean - who knows how those uncontrolable mercenaries work in the game? They may be very intelligent and fun doing stuff on their own. On the other hand they may act stupid and give you a lot of frustration - so that you will never use them again.

Controlable mercenaries - are just like regular soldiers - so nothing really new here.
So it all depeds on how uncontrolable mercenaries are implemented.

Withtout playing the game - impossible to know.
So how can I chose an option without knowing how will it work?

Angryminer
24-03-2004, 18:05
There is an option missing:

[X] I want to have at least a minimum of control. But I don't want to have to look after them.

I imagin something like this:
Normal soldiers: Move there! Siege that town!
Mercenaries: Attack France.
(if they do something wrong: No idiots! Do that! And after that, go on attacking France!)

Angryminer

Bora
24-03-2004, 19:03
Originally posted by Angryminer
There is an option missing:

[X] I want to have at least a minimum of control. But I don't want to have to look after them.

I imagin something like this:
Normal soldiers: Move there! Siege that town!
Mercenaries: Attack France.
(if they do something wrong: No idiots! Do that! And after that, go on attacking France!)

Angryminer

the MINIMUM is given. frujin had explained that you give them a task an d then "vada con dios"

Henrik
24-03-2004, 21:03
Originally posted by Elewyn
I guess you know my choice from templars thread :)

And you KNOW MY OPINION ! muhahahaha :D

fallen_saint
24-03-2004, 23:32
i still want the choice to either let them go freely and decided or i can use them like regular troops at my own dispossal: the point is i want to decide on the mercenaries and i still don't like the fact a leader dies and the group becomes a mercenary group, but hey that can wait for another day :cool:

Richard
25-03-2004, 00:59
I don't really care much for mercenarie, Coz they are in must of the cases less effective than normal units:sick:.

well their name says it, all they care is for money :eek:, that means that they will just go for someone else who offers them more money.

So i think the devs should take this in to consideration in the game coz this is a realistic feature.:go::D

Bora
25-03-2004, 08:57
Originally posted by Richard
I don't really care much for mercenarie, Coz they are in must of the cases less effective than normal units:sick:.

well their name says it, all they care is for money :eek:, that means that they will just go for someone else who offers them more money.

So i think the devs should take this in to consideration in the game coz this is a realistic feature.:go::D

if you mean on games its MAYBE true.
but in reality isnt! if you read this forum. you find that someone gives an example where sweden hat more mercenaries then own troops in the 30 years war. and we know tha they have been pretty effektiv :eek:

hawk_knight
25-03-2004, 14:17
Vote for I don`t care. But i want those mercenarie bastards!

Kuno of Gersenau
25-03-2004, 14:22
I too...

Richard
25-03-2004, 22:43
but in reality isnt! if you read this forum. you find that someone gives an example where sweden hat more mercenaries then own troops in the 30 years war. and we know tha they have been pretty effektiv

i know wat u mean, yeah is true sometimes they r efective but most of the time they aren't take the exemple of the usa revolution.

Most of the english soldiers were mercenarie.almost all of them just deserted the army and weren't that good fighting.So just coz they were good in the swedish army doesn't mean they are always effective.:)

Hope u can understand my point

Emhyr var Emreis
26-03-2004, 12:42
I have seen no poll as equal as this one ;)

Jarlabanke
26-03-2004, 16:45
I'd say most Mercenary troops were good, why would anyone have payed huge amounts of cash for them otherwise? You wouldn't go and become a Mec if you didn't know how to fight, because then you'd end up dead.

Silverwolf
27-03-2004, 13:38
These Mercenaries are they loyal, or can you bribe them?

Krum The Terrible
27-03-2004, 16:35
I don't care about the control. Just give me this boys and watch the Show.:cool: