PDA

View Full Version : Customization

dagan
24-03-2004, 19:51
Would be nice to improve customization mechanism of Your troops, prince, knights; maybe choosing one of different banner or design Your own, the colour or the shape of the dress of Your units.

Maybe too late for this question but, for next version, maybe?

Thank You

Bubino
25-03-2004, 00:31
to choose a favourite banner and banner's colours for own troops is a very good idea, in my opinion!

it'snt anything much complicate, too! or is it?

Elewyn
25-03-2004, 00:51
The thing itself can't be much coplicated IMO, but as said by somebody else somewhere else, you must see all already existing banners, because two states simpy can't have same banner.

I will apreciate only in the case that we'll have very wide number of colours and symbols to combinate. I would really apreciate it in map editor and some fantastic game, I'm really unsure with medieval europe. Personally I like to defeat lilly france, lions of england, capture the castle of castille, climb the hills of Hungary with the lion of bohemia - correct banners, but I also know that many of us would like to create their own banner and rule Europe with it.

hulkster225
25-03-2004, 05:18
yea some sort of customization option for banners along with the real historical ones would be pretty cool.

Bora
25-03-2004, 08:44
i dont care about such things, but i know that there are creative guys like you, who want to such things. thats mean there must be a kind of editor tool. think that could be an idea for an add on.

Angryminer
25-03-2004, 16:46
Who needs tools?
Fire up your compiler and make them by yourself ;) .
( Usually games use simple encryptions to store their game-data. So it's usually a matter of time until someone made his own tool to extract them and publishes it. )

Angryminer

BTW: I really wouldn't like BSS to develop an own encryption for their game files... That would give some people from the community a hard time :D .

Haegemon
25-03-2004, 18:41
I'm not sure if it's a good idea, but btw could be in multiplayer mode.

timurlenk
25-03-2004, 19:07
as said before, i would like to change colours of my men. but i would not change banners.

Bora
25-03-2004, 20:03
if you are an editor maniac, wait for sims2. you can change the whole stile of your sim, including the clothes ;)

but continue asking for it, maybe they make it possible. but you would need a kinf od editor for it. or you wait as angryminer sayd, that someone is bringing out an unofficial tool

Haegemon
25-03-2004, 20:35
Yeeah! Sims2 looks amazing.

hulkster225
26-03-2004, 04:53
I never really got into the Sims. Too much of it was repetitive and boring for me. To make your skills go up you had to just sit there and watch them do the SAME THING for like 5 minutes. Unless they change some of that around I think i'll pass.

Bora
26-03-2004, 17:23
Originally posted by hulkster225
I never really got into the Sims. Too much of it was repetitive and boring for me. To make your skills go up you had to just sit there and watch them do the SAME THING for like 5 minutes. Unless they change some of that around I think i'll pass.

yeah, sims1 got fast boring if you where not interested in that "tammagotchilike" life of your sim. i was mad about housebuildint thing. bu at last eben that got boring, cause if you are really creative in builp up houses you also reached soon the limit in sims1. but sims2 will not only look really great, also the ki of thesims has improved a lot and you can build greater houses with lot of stuff. i think that that version will really keep you busy and entertaining :)

but we get out of topic, sorry

Haegemon
26-03-2004, 20:58
Definitely I'm agree in change color like said Elewyn, but only in multiplayer mode.

Offtopic:

TheSims1 was boring after some time, but by the other side, TheSims games have a lot of fun for creators, people who like to design objects, clothes, buildings, etc. Not only ingame. You can desing your own house if you create objects properly.
But Thesims2 has a lot of improvements. There is weather and time. Thesims grow and get old, and can learn and remember things they saw, and lot more new things.

You can look here (http://www.the-sims-2.com/).

Bora
27-03-2004, 20:18
Originally posted by Haegemon
Definitely I'm agree in change color like said Elewyn, but only in multiplayer mode.

Offtopic:

TheSims1 was boring after some time, but by the other side, TheSims games have a lot of fun for creators, people who like to design objects, clothes, buildings, etc. Not only ingame. You can desing your own house if you create objects properly.
But Thesims2 has a lot of improvements. There is weather and time. Thesims grow and get old, and can learn and remember things they saw, and lot more new things.

You can look here (http://www.the-sims-2.com/).

there was also time in the first one. but that game is definitly something for editingmaniacs

Henrik
28-03-2004, 00:13
Originally posted by dagan
Would be nice to improve customization mechanism of Your troops, prince, knights; maybe choosing one of different banner or design Your own, the colour or the shape of the dress of Your units.

Maybe too late for this question but, for next version, maybe?

Thank You

According to Frank this is not possible

Originally posted by Frank Fay
The colors are always defined by your kingdom. There is no free choice