PDA

View Full Version : flamish

de graaf van vlaanderen
25-03-2004, 20:54
will there be any flamish castle,will the battle of flanders be in the game(11 jullie 1302)
if it is so can you please give a picture of it i sow already many kingdoms but none of belgium or flanders
sorry for mine english

CreaTeX
25-03-2004, 21:37
i em from belguim to but belguim was under rule of france maybe that battle of 1302 (guldensporenslag) and i think there will be a town from belguim because belguim was "province of france

Frank Fay
25-03-2004, 23:26
You mean the Battle of Golden Spurs ? :D

timurlenk
26-03-2004, 00:18
Originally posted by de graaf van vlaanderen
will there be any flamish castle,will the battle of flanders be in the game(11 jullie 1302)
if it is so can you please give a picture of it i sow already many kingdoms but none of belgium or flanders
sorry for mine english

well, belgium did not exist in middle ages, but flanders will be in for what i know. town: brugges.

elewyn has made some maps - look here! (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=183&perpage=25&pagenumber=4)

the battle of kortrijk (guldensporenslag) will not be in automatically because you will make your own history! but maybe you will fight your own battle of kortrijk... :)

@ createx
do you live in belguim or in belgium?

Elewyn
26-03-2004, 08:00
Battle of Courtrai/Kortrijk in 1302 shold be one of those Historical battles which are offered (everybody probably saw battle of Hasting announced, but no other, so I hope this one will be)

thanks, @timurlenk :blush: ... only for quicker orientation...link to list of provinces I suggest for KoH (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=14004&highlight=Fland%2A+Brug%2A#post14004)
and straight way to maps (http://elvain.album.cz/map-suggestions/)

Bagpipe
26-03-2004, 08:40
Originally posted by Elewyn
Battle of Courtrai/Kortrijk in 1302 shold be one of those Historical battles which are offered (everybody probably saw battle of Hasting announced, but no other, so I hope this one will be)

BTW, a very good question!:confused: What about historical battles? Yes I've seen Hastings announced, but there were no information about this feature so far... so, I've started to think They've stoped with historical battles:scratch: I hope I'm wrong. What do you think about, guys n' girls?

I'd really enjoy to participate in such battles like Bouvin, Cresy, Agincourt and, especially, Grunwald (Tanenberg, Zalgiris) - medieval Leipzig.

de graaf van vlaanderen
26-03-2004, 12:26
thanx to all,now i know that the importent villige of flanders(brugge) is gone be in the game,and one thing afther the battle was flanders not indypendent?

Emhyr var Emreis
26-03-2004, 12:40
I don't think so, because politicaly it was still under a rule of count of Flandres (who didn't participate on this battle on flemish side) as a vassal of kingdom of France, so something like half-independent like all other fiefs of the french crown. Filip le Bel afterall asserted his rule in Flandres.

It should be independent in game, alongside with fiefs like Burgundy, Acquitaine, Provence, Tolouse before it all was ruled by Phillipe Augustus and his grandson Luis IX. the Saint. But then all german duchies should be independent too and there will be no Holy Roman Empire(after 12th century) and No kingdom of France (before 13th century)

I'm not sure if Brugge will be for sure. It's all Elewyn's work and he's not a developer. Great work, but first the devs must accept it... I hope they will :) :cheers:

CreaTeX
26-03-2004, 13:20
@timurlenk belgium

game-kabouter
26-03-2004, 15:12
I think it be best if there is Holland and Belgium, but I don't think that's in the game :( I WOULD BE REALLY HAPPY IF THERE IS! :D

Emhyr var Emreis
26-03-2004, 16:56
Originally posted by game-kabouter
I think it be best if there is Holland and Belgium, but I don't think that's in the game :( I WOULD BE REALLY HAPPY IF THERE IS! :D It won't be best because there was no Belgium in those times. The same like it won't be good it there will be Albania, Slovenia, Slovakia or Belarus which have nothing to do with middleages

Nike
26-03-2004, 17:07
I'm not sure but I think Albania existed during those times.

Emhyr var Emreis
26-03-2004, 17:13
Never heard about it. Find it for me and I'll believe. That Albanians lived there doesn't mean they had a state.

Elewyn
26-03-2004, 19:18
Originally posted by de graaf van vlaanderen
thanx to all,now i know that the importent villige of flanders(brugge) is gone be in the game,and one thing afther the battle was flanders not indypendent? I think that if the towns will have diferent names than provinces, you'll have Brugge. Btw, yes, Flandres are in game as some screesnhots prove. It was too important to be forgotten.

Btw, to Nike and Game-kabouter. Albania nor Belgium should not be there

de graaf van vlaanderen
27-03-2004, 21:28
so here is a little history about flanders so that you will know it
early middel ages
in the beginning of the 5 th century belgium was conquerd by the franks.on the head of the conquers were the merovingers;the king:clovis
in 500 he moved to paris
in 630 belgium with the help of keltish monks effectif a christian people
in 751 karel the great ruled(karolingers)
afther his dead and his son's dead(lodewijk the wish full)(don't know if this correctly transelated sorry)the western part of belgium was owned by the franks while the eastern part was belonging to the holly (german) empire
by the normans attacks in the half of the 9 th century the power of the kings was lost and the local elite ruled
and the ther was now a dialect spoken over all the contry
the middle ages and the late ages i will still have to transelated them but i have little time so to morrow the res will come
and for those hoew say that there was no speaking of belgium at that time i have a little question:
than why there was spoken of belgica(latin for belgium) by the romans?
later there will be defenetly spoken about flanders but that will follow in the late middle ages
and once again my excuse for my wroten english

Elewyn
28-03-2004, 00:12
nobody's perfect (to your, but also my english)

To roman "Gallia belgica": named by celtic tribe of Belges (or sth like that). Then this name disappeared for a long time and (this is just my speculation) when in 1830 kingdom of Belgium devoted it's independence, it couldn't be called kgdm of Flandres, nor Brabant, nor Luxemburg, nor Hainaut, nor Limburg, so they used ancient name of this region: Belgica

Btw, this region was very very important during all middle ages with Flandres as leading force. No doubt.:cheers:

Klauwaart
28-03-2004, 00:58
Gaul was divided in three parts during the roman period

one of them was Gallia Belgica which on his turn was divided in Belgica prima en Belgica Secunda.

All the tribes ( menapi , morini , Atrebates etc ) who lived there were called the belges.

With the settlement of the Franks The Flanders region was Germanised. There were already german tribes in Gallia so
it wasn't that difficult.

- those (Franks) who went to France adapted their language on that of the local gallic tribes.- so they were Romanised.