PDA

View Full Version : Battles, Sieges, and supplies...

Carcassone
30-10-2003, 23:16
If have a Lord take an army out to war how will us Kings sustain them...will we need to set up suport routes, will this be done automatically?

If routes are established, can we in essense attack an enemies support routes thus demorilizing and proving their enemies ineffective in their own quest for domination?

Or, yeah I know i use that word too often, will our armies forage and hunt for their supplies?

Frank Fay
31-10-2003, 13:45
There is not such a supply function to the Knights. They constantly cost upkeep that is basically the "supply".

But you can ambush passing army or assault camping armies and even more.

Carcassone
31-10-2003, 21:11
So, in essence, it's assumed that a Lord's troops are sustained while out on combat manuevers. I would suppose that would take out the logistics nightmare of supporting an army.

Frank Fay
01-11-2003, 11:41
Exactly as this would bring micromanagement where it is not wanted. At least I can't imagine if it would make fun in a realtime game to look for supply. Also it would make you becoming a Merchant or similar, but you are King and there are so many King duties and nasty intrigues which you will have to look after.

Pioneer
02-11-2003, 01:19
Foraging for supplies as it was euphemistically called where supplies ran short or where it was thought a good idea to ravage and burn the land of an enemy need not require too much micromanagement. If overall resources run low it might be an idea that troops can be ordered to run amok - or they would do so automatically in times of shortage - and for every peasant village they burn a certain number of supplies might be credited to the resource pile. That would really work if there are villages outside the towns but even in terms of sacking cities it might work. Surely a means to spread pain, suffering, devastation and death, among the pixels of medieval Europe as well as set a lot of fires in this pixellated universe without complicating the game, would make it a worthwhile idea.

Frank Fay
02-11-2003, 10:03
We have a global resource management, means one treasury for everything. If you have a shortage of course you can burn and plunder but it will become available for ALL your kingdom. What I meant with too much micromangement, was if you would have to care for supply of each single army. I would feel bothered constantly looking for it.

Carcassone
03-11-2003, 16:34
It's good to hear that you're taking the micromanagement out of the game. It would be a logistic nightmare to tend to the supporting of armies via supply carts. It's nice to hear that the game is focused from a kings' point of view and not a "supply sergeants".