PDA

View Full Version : Marshall ranking?

Dobber
08-07-2006, 19:12
With everyting bu the Marshall's I see stars above their heads for their level of experience, 1-5 stars according to how educated they are. But with the Marshall's I don't know where to find how many stars they have, I've noticed when you click on an enemy Marshall it shows how many stars it is(I've noticed some 10 star famous rebel Marshall's. How do the stars we convert to experience relate to the stars I noticed on those enemy Marshalls.

Kuno of Gersenau
08-07-2006, 20:45
Every star your marshall gets after a battle can be used to upgrade one of his skills by one level. You can upgrade maximum 6 skills, as far as I remember. So the 10 stars of the enemy marshall should mean, that he was upgraded 10 times, because he had won a lot of battles. At least this is how i would interpret this.

Angryminer
08-07-2006, 22:07
The number of stars is the sum of all skill levels.
After you granted your marshall the first skill he has 1 star, if you upgrade this skill to the second level, he has 2 stars, if you grant him a second skill after that, he has 3 stars, and so forth.
This (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0192.jpg) Marshall has 4 stars as far as I can see. He has four skills that are at level 1 each, thus the sum of all skill-levels is 4. After the player has assigned him a fifth skill his number of stars will be 5.
The maximum number of stars a marshall can have is 3*6 = 18.

Angryminer

Lord_Nick
08-07-2006, 22:42
Some additional comments about Marshal's stars:

If you have more than one member of the Royal Family as a Marshal, they all get some experience after one of them fights/wins a battle.
There seems to seem an exponential learning curve ... you don't need much to earn the first star, but the 18th takes many battles.
You don't gain as much experience using a Fortified Camp to defeat/capture/kill your enemy compared to fighting them in the open field.

Dobber
09-07-2006, 21:51
Thanks guys! In my current game I have 2 18 star Marshall's and 2-3 more 12 star Marshall's.
Does that say a lot for the style of game I am playing?