PDA

View Full Version : Doctors, schools, and civilizations

Spudster
31-10-2003, 01:55
Will there be doctors to heal your men..and will they be realistic and take a long time to heal???

Can the settlers of your city be able to upgrade or maybe get more civilized like a nicer home etc.??? Will there be a school where you can learn new technologies for war??

vyanvotts
31-10-2003, 03:38
Something that i wanted to know was are all the citys on the map pre-made? or do you choose where and when to build them? or do you start with some, and can build more at your own convenience?

Spudster
01-11-2003, 15:18
it kinda looks like they will be pre made..the major cities....because it looks like London is where it is in the real world....
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/knightsofhonor/screens_6076427.html?page=24

look at the map at the bottom....i hope you can build your own cities too...

vyanvotts
01-11-2003, 15:20
hmmm i see your point, but prehaps you could add more citys, and name them after yourself, :D

Pikeman
01-11-2003, 15:27
If there's a map editor, then you should definately be able to make new cities and name them after yourself.:D

.... Or name your enemy's cities after people you don't like, before you burn them to the ground.:lol:

Carcassone
03-11-2003, 19:36
me thinks I sense a bit of evilness....:angry:

vyanvotts
04-11-2003, 00:16
evilness is all over this forum

Carcassone
04-11-2003, 01:14
Amen, should make for some interesting cutthroat gaming...that is once the game is out.:p

Greeny
04-11-2003, 05:09
hmmm i see your point, but prehaps you could add more citys, and name them after yourself, :D

Hmmm, St Greenysburg ;)

Carcassone
04-11-2003, 15:49
Carcassone? I'm thinking copy right infringement if I use my name....:(

Moorkh
04-11-2003, 17:23
I believe it's likely that each privince will feature one preset town/city. The villages/farms you see are probably just graphical manifestations of the province's features. A province with 3 farms, 2 villages and a mining settlement might produce 3 food, 2 trade and one iron unit.
Of course, we'll only know for sure when either Frank or Frujin answers this. :)

Elewyn
07-11-2003, 20:07
Originally posted by Spudster
....i hope you can build your own cities too...

I hope so!:angel: It would be great!!:)

Frank Fay
07-11-2003, 20:57
Moorkh, you are pretty close :)

Of course you can build new production zones but you cant build a city from the scratch. After all the game is about expansion and conquering not a city builder.

Elewyn
08-11-2003, 23:52
Originally posted by Spudster
Will there be doctors to heal your men..and will they be realistic and take a long time to heal???

Hey, moderators :) :cheers: I think it havent been answerd yet and its interesting

BLOODUK
09-11-2003, 00:31
The way some people are talking they expect the game to come on 4cds :cheers:

Frank Fay
09-11-2003, 10:35
Hey, moderators I think it havent been answerd yet and its interesting

No doctors and no healing. The battlesystem and how it works does not require these.

You control always group of soldiers. You can refill your group, which is similar to healing.

G_R
10-11-2003, 06:42
Thats something new and original but that would mean that units would die from lets say one or two hits?

And can you hide units in castles , houses or outposts?And please try to make white ,black and braun horses-its kind of unrealistic wth only one colour!

And if you can't heal units emagine such situation -you have a 4-th level unit(my gues is that there will be 4levels for common units) and he has almost ran out of helath!Boom and he's gone- then you throw the keyboard through the window:D !

Greeny
10-11-2003, 08:35
You can refill your group, which is similar to healing.

Sounds like the game Hearts of Iron, where if you suffered heavy
casualties assaulting a province you could draft in new members
for your divisions. Problem with this was these new conscripts
were rookies and had low morale usually, plus it took a heavy
burden on your national manpower if you kept reinforcing
your divisions....

Is KoH gonna be a little like this? :p