PDA

View Full Version : I the rebel

Krum The Terrible
28-03-2004, 11:47
I was wondering can I play as a rebel.For instance I want to play
with country which was conquered just before the beginnig of the period. So I start with one knigth who serves on the foreing king but remembers his own country. Then I ask from my knight to repel the enemies from his lands so he becames a rebel
and if he wins the war he creates his own country.

(Sorry about this terrible English)

Frank Fay
28-03-2004, 11:56
No that is not possible. But you can command a spy, who has successfully infiltrated another kingdom, to revolt.

Angryminer
28-03-2004, 12:33
But you won't be able to rule this country yourself, just through a puppet-king?

Angryminer

Frank Fay
28-03-2004, 12:45
Yes but the Puppet King is a true ally to you...

Nike
28-03-2004, 14:26
Yeah, he's a true ally:

I was playing with France. I decided that England became too strong recently and as I did manage good relationship with them, I suspected that they can turn against me anytime. So, I hired a spy and send it to "infiltrate" in England. it took quite some time, but finally he was hired as Marshall there. But surprisingly, the English King had only one Price who died in a battle in Scotland and I saw my chance. After eliminating Scottish threat England declared war on me (France) and they even sent my Spy with some army to fight against me. At this moment I had the choice to order my Spy to "defect" (i.e. to leave his army w/o Leader) or not to interfere (i.e. to treat him as real English army Leader). As I saw their King landing in Normandy, I decided not to interfere. I avoided battles with my spy as much as I can, but the guy finally besieged Brettany. OK, I lost the Castle in Brettany and all the province. But I trained some fresh troops at Paris and marshed against English King in Normandy (knowing he has no heirs at the moment). There was some quick battle in which I didn't care about victory - my aim was to kill him - English King. And I succeeded. Because there was no heirs available, one of the Knights of England was choosen to become new King (luckily there were no big Kingdom splits or something due to lack of heir). And I was so happy when my Spy was elected as a King of England. When I selected him in my Court (the 9 Knights on top of the screen) I saw "Spy Gille, Puppet King of England". Puppet King means that "I control him" and I have the option to ask him to "hand over the crown" - means to join all his lands to my Kingdom. Well, I did so. And was REALLY mad when this poor guy told me "Sorry, Sire, but I feel much better as King of England as a Spy of France" or something like this. Actually, he rejected to hand over the crown and I lost a very experienced Spy. Well, I realised that he was quite well developed. He was a veteran in his job. That was good for him making his way to the crown, but also .... he apprantly got his own agenda because of his experience from the past .

This was posted by Frujin here (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=14801#post14801) !

Henrik
28-03-2004, 14:48
I think that Frujin's example show that there are no guarranties in this game - Frujin example clearly give an impression that the gameworld is very dynamic - even if this isen't true.....

Frujin
28-03-2004, 16:07
Originally posted by Henrik
I think that Frujin's example show that there are no guarranties in this game - Frujin example clearly give an impression that the gameworld is very dynamic - even if this isen't true.....

What you mean Henrik? It is true ...

Krum The Terrible
28-03-2004, 16:42
Thaks for the answers.