PDA

View Full Version : Resources (Wood/Stone)

Arayel
29-03-2004, 01:22
Ive read in an FAQ that wood and stone have been removed as resources due to their abundance in the medieval world!! I dont really agree with this, yes there were more forests and plenty of stone available however withoutmodern tools the processes for retrieving them were much slower and provided a real problem in some areas. While I agree that removing them obviously streamlines the game more I think that they should be included at least at a basic level.

For example you dont have actual amounts of stone or wood but whether or not you have them available. This would mean a town has to have a quarry and lumber jack and the available workers to use wood and stone. An enemy laying siege to the area would be able to remove these supplies and lower the production of arms in the city that use them.

Henrik
29-03-2004, 01:51
Originally posted by Arayel
Ive read in an FAQ that wood and stone have been removed as resources due to their abundance in the medieval world!! I dont really agree with this, yes there were more forests and plenty of stone available however withoutmodern tools the processes for retrieving them were much slower and provided a real problem in some areas. While I agree that removing them obviously streamlines the game more I think that they should be included at least at a basic level.

For example you dont have actual amounts of stone or wood but whether or not you have them available. This would mean a town has to have a quarry and lumber jack and the available workers to use wood and stone. An enemy laying siege to the area would be able to remove these supplies and lower the production of arms in the city that use them.

Yeahh, this may be true - but please do remember that you have the same option......

besides, with the right governor it should be possible to fortyfi some areas and you can always move one of you armies to the rescue, should this event occur.

Arayel
29-03-2004, 01:56
The way I read it in the forum Wood and Stone are no longer even counted as resources though, removing all options in regards to seiging and production, wood and stone are just taken as given. I hope i misunderstood this but in the faq they seemed to have been completely removed.

Bora
29-03-2004, 08:08
wood and stone are in, but as local resources.
there are gobal and local resources.

the difference is: global resources are the REALLY REALLY important ones, which you must take care off, like gold.
and local resources are that ones who are minor important, so you mustnt take care of it. actually frank wrote ones that stone and wood is everywhere it would be weird to make it such important.
so its there, but you must not be worried that you are running out of it.

Frank Fay
29-03-2004, 11:55
yes wood and stone are no more...