PDA

View Full Version : CV also in peacefull Times?

Pages : [1] 2

Bora
29-03-2004, 13:22
Frank and Frujin had anounced that it will come only to close view when it comes to battle. I think its sad, cause a lot of good screenshots have showed us, how beautiful everything looks in close view.

just to make it clear, close view in this case means, you just can watch your people and the buildings. interaction and manageing is only world view!

CreaTeX
29-03-2004, 13:39
just when you dont have anything to do watch how your ppl are doing

Bora
29-03-2004, 13:41
Originally posted by CreaTeX

exactly :)

Bora
29-03-2004, 14:58
Originally posted by Elewyn
I think BSS already decided for CV only in a battle...

can be so,...

Elewyn
29-03-2004, 15:01
Originally posted by Bora
can be so,... but bss and sunflowers seem to have decided that CV only in a battle would do the best. tahst what i wanted to say with my last comment

Bora
29-03-2004, 16:35
Originally posted by Elewyn
but bss and sunflowers seem to have decided that CV only in a battle would do the best. tahst what i wanted to say with my last comment

if i got frank right he ment that people would not use the cv that much cuase there would ne no interaction. if thats the only reason, then i cant understand it, cause i bet lot of people would like to see thyere towns and villages in close view and to watch what the population is doing.
i compare it also to civilisation. there the close view serves also nly to show the palyer what the improvements look like.
and ndont forget, in civ its moving NOTHING in that view. so i think it makes more snese in KoH cause there are moving lot of things :)
but doesnt matter, just vote,... hope dies last :)

rado907
29-03-2004, 17:20
if its possible to allow it, do so....

timurlenk
29-03-2004, 18:01
would be nice, cause during battle there is no time to admire all the wonderful graphic details!

hulkster225
29-03-2004, 18:16
It would be nice to look at but, besides that if it serves no other purpose it seems kind of pointless to me.

Rnett
29-03-2004, 18:58
Originally posted by Bora
cause i bet lot of people would like to see thyere towns and villages in close view and to watch what the population is doing.

Like me:go:

Haegemon
30-03-2004, 03:40
Yes, all are right. If player can only see CV during battle it's imposible to admire details and some graphic work is misspended.
Should be possible to do. Player will decide if wants or not.

Bora
30-03-2004, 11:16
Originally posted by Haegemon
Yes, all are right. If player can only see CV during battle it's imposible to admire details and some graphic work is misspended.
Should be possible to do. Player will decide if wants or not.

that is also one of my thoughts. its difficult to enjoy the whole lansdscape during a battle. to succseed you should have an eyey on your and the enemys troops. funny if you think: "Oh what a beatiful farmhouse there on the left,... sh** the enemy just overrund my archers!" ;)

as i have seen on different pic,s there is a kind of message box ond the lower left, so IF something happen in the world while you watch you villagers (by klicking town, village, etc.) you will know it. and if not, just enjoy and relax :)

Henrik
30-03-2004, 12:38
Originally posted by CreaTeX

I actually don't think that you will have the time to just sit back and watch the everyday life life of your people

Haegemon
30-03-2004, 21:53
Maybe. Don't mind, the point is it should be an option.

Henrik
30-03-2004, 23:42
I have cast my vote on: No, Close View just in battle its enough! - because i really don't think that we have much time for this - please bear in mind that you also have all those other tasks to do - i can't see the point in making something that you probably only have time to look at on very rare occasions - i would prefer that the devs concentrated on issues that really matters instead - anyone not following me and don't see my point?

LadyH
31-03-2004, 00:14
i'd love to have it, so my vote for
Yes, i love to watch my peoples sometimes over theyre shoulder and to watch the building improvements!

Rnett
31-03-2004, 00:44
Originally posted by Henrik
I have cast my vote on: No, Close View just in battle its enough! - because i really don't think that we have much time for this - please bear in mind that you also have all those other tasks to do - i can't see the point in making something that you probably only have time to look at on very rare occasions - i would prefer that the devs concentrated on issues that really matters instead - anyone not following me and don't see my point?

I see your point, but don't agree with it. For the very same reason you give "only have time to look at on very rare occasions", which will be during battle scenes when your too busy pointing and clicking your troops and never really having time to see the fine details of the grafics. .peace. (smilie doesn't work)

Haegemon
31-03-2004, 02:03
Originally posted by Henrik

I understand your point, but it's said, the player will be busier during the battles, also during the battles will not be normal civilian activity in cities and ports. That was an ended work.

I guess it's not so dificult, having the game made, CV mode selectable in cities and farms, etc.

dearmad
31-03-2004, 02:45
This is so ridiculous- I'd rather have them spend their time playing the game and programming the AI to make sure it's fun and a challenge... I don't want to stare at some stupid meaningless random animations...

LadyH
31-03-2004, 07:10
what's about this style?

Diplomacy is the key! Making strong friends to fight my enemies is cool. Exchanging land and King's daughter hand for having that Non-Agression signed is also cool.

i think, when there is nothing funny to look on, that style might be boring :(
only WV makes no sense with this style