PDA

View Full Version : Soldiers ?? Archers ??

eagle1
30-03-2004, 18:20
Soldiers ???

How many soldiers can you have on the map of you're own troops in total??????????

I hope many troops like medival total war BUT then better in graphics ;) .

Archers ???

I hope you dont have to fire 10 arrows on some men for kill him like in AOE or in medival its 30.

I hope it is like in real time after 2 arrows or 1 i see a dead men.
Especialy if it is a longbow men after 1 arrow of the 100 arrows flying in the are and impact 1 in a soldier.

Angryminer
30-03-2004, 18:23
There will be a maximum of about 2000 soldiers on a map.

Soldiers do not have hitpoints. Either they are alive, or they are not. Which means that if an arrow hits a soldier, he's dead. If the arrow doesn't hit, the soldiers stays alive. But nothing in between.
This model is also used with swords etc.

Angryminer

eagle1
30-03-2004, 18:28
yeah sure i dont whant to see in my battle if i have 500 archers and they fire eacht 1 arrow. then others soldiers cant run from that clowd of arrows and i whant to see many deads especialy from longbows. I NOW BECAUSE I'M a ARCHER IN REAL TIME.

And my Bow can shoot true a door of a car.
But then it is not a longbow;).

I alsow do not whant to see in battle soldiers hitting eachtother with sword 100 times befor someone die, then the realisme is gone AGAIN.

Angryminer
30-03-2004, 19:53
I predict that you'll be very statisfied with the way KoH-battles work ;) .

Angryminer

the knightly sword
30-03-2004, 19:58
Originally posted by Angryminer
There will be a maximum of about 2000 soldiers on a map.

Soldiers do not have hitpoints. Either they are alive, or they are not. Which means that if an arrow hits a soldier, he's dead. If the arrow doesn't hit, the soldiers stays alive. But nothing in between.
This model is also used with swords etc.

Angryminer

what do you mean that if you hit an soldier his down.if thats how you meant 100 of soldiers would fall in1minute:( :( :(

timurlenk
30-03-2004, 20:01
Originally posted by eagle1
I NOW BECAUSE I'M a ARCHER IN REAL TIME.

And my Bow can shoot true a door of a car.
But then it is not a longbow;).

ever seen 2.000 knights attacking your position with just one intention: to kill you??? this is far away from archery as sport...

i also predict you will be satisfied.

the knightly sword
30-03-2004, 20:04
now im really confused:confused: :confused: cansome1 answer my question

timurlenk
30-03-2004, 20:05
Originally posted by the knightly sword
what do you mean that if you hit an soldier his down.if thats how you meant 100 of soldiers would fall in1minute:( :( :(

like in real battles. they had no hit points / energy bar. in huge battles - yes, maybe 100 dead soldiers a minute, why not?

Henrik
30-03-2004, 20:19
I personaly prefer the control of your troops over the quantity of of troops you're able to have on the battlefield.

Elewyn
30-03-2004, 21:05
when 500 archers shot on 300 your light cavalrymen it' very probable that at least 100 of them will die (in reality they will be hit and most of hit ones won't be able to continue the attack.

eagle1
30-03-2004, 21:24
timurlenk:
ever seen 2.000 knights attacking your position with just one intention: to kill you??? this is far away from archery as sport...

set my club with 100 members against you're 2000 knights and they will lose with there armor and we light but quick i dont think so we gone lose.

Bora
30-03-2004, 21:37
that with the arrow can be true, but there are lower and higher armored units, so i think in close fight some units can take more hits and some are instant dead.

timurlenk
30-03-2004, 21:53
Originally posted by eagle1
set my club with 100 members against you're 2000 knights and they will lose with there armor and we light but quick i dont think so we gone lose.

:confused: i dont understand. who will lose?

whatever - you 100 against 2000 knights in open field causes 100 dead archers and aprox. 50 dead knights. if the club is really good.

a mail is much more resistant than a car door!

a knights mail is able to withstand lot of hits - its difficult to kill a knight!

eagle1
30-03-2004, 22:01
i mean 2000 footmen not horsemen (knights) ofcourse archers will never can defeat horsemen so mutch.

BUT a arrow can fly right true there armor. even with longbow

if you get sucht arrow i dont think the knight will stand up annymore

http://www.martinarchery.com/access/arrow/point/pics/7076l.jpg

Bora
31-03-2004, 10:50
we have a bit stone, sissor, paper system.
means: pikeman usually win against cavalery but will have a problem against archers. archers will ususally against pikeman but will have no chance against a cavalery. of course there are much more units then in my example, but i hope you undertsood it. but it also depends on your tactics, plus armor and weapon of the unit, of course

the knightly sword
31-03-2004, 16:57
but the soldiers have to be able to defend ther selfs against an other soldier attacking them i can say like this

arrow attack=1hit

sword or pike or other weapons=3 hits
it woud be more realstic if they atleast have the ability to defend ther self.

i dont want to lose all my soldiers in 1 minute

Angryminer
31-03-2004, 17:28
A pikeman doesn't have a problem to hit charging cavalry, so he is very likely to hit the cavalry-man and kill him. So you could imagin that he has a chance of 3 to 1 to hit the cavalry-man.
On the other hand, it is far more difficult for the pikeman to hit a swordsman with a shield, so he is very likely to miss him (or hit the shield, which has the same effect). So you could imagin that he has a chance of 1 to three to hit the swordsman.
This way hits are realistic (means: one-hit-one-kill) but the "kill ratio" remains realistic too (means: one-blow-not-one-hit).

Angryminer

Bora
31-03-2004, 17:47
we should not be worried about this, i think its well balanced :)