PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer

Pages : [1] 2

Stefan
30-03-2004, 22:07
I have heard that KOH will support up to 6 player MP. exactly how will this work? will there be a large campagin or something more like single battles? please explain.

Cork2
30-03-2004, 22:16
Single battles. And you can also do famouse battles. What was one? i think it was battles of Hasting you could do but not sure.

Henrik
30-03-2004, 23:49
Originally posted by Cork2
Single battles. And you can also do famouse battles. What was one? i think it was battles of Hasting you could do but not sure.

The Battle of Hastings (1066) will defently be there, but unfortunately not the battle of Argincourt (1415) unless the devs don't give a damn in historical accuracy

BRETONNIAN_KNIGHT
01-04-2004, 18:13
Originally posted by Henrik
The Battle of Hastings (1066) will defently be there, but unfortunately not the battle of Argincourt (1415) unless the devs don't give a damn in historical accuracy

:rolleyes: dude what is it with CUZZING ina forum there are people younger than 18. and i can't wait for the game to come out. :cheers:

TheArchduke
01-04-2004, 20:56
I will miss that there is no campaign modus in KoH.

MP is basically what makes a game longlasting in my opinion.

Frujin
02-04-2004, 21:43
Originally posted by TheArchduke
I will miss that there is no campaign modus in KoH.

MP is basically what makes a game longlasting in my opinion.

Well, I have seen many MP getting DOA. Actually not "longlasting".

geno604
03-04-2004, 01:40
I too will miss the Campaign aspect of KOH MP, the sp can only be "replayed" so much.. and the mp battles are just a placeholder..

but.. i will still buy the game because i loved civ, and this resembles it so much :)

TheArchduke
03-04-2004, 06:49
Originally posted by Frujin
Well, I have seen many MP getting DOA. Actually not "longlasting".

DOA?

Angryminer
03-04-2004, 12:35
Dead on Arrival.

Angryminer

Legolas
04-04-2004, 22:06
I have to agree with TheArchduke:

"MP is basically what makes a game longlasting in my opinion."

because I buy games:

80% for the multiplayer part
and
20% for the singleplayer part

I have not played a single player game all the way through in years, because I get so bored of it quickly. Also, because I realize that even if I do beat it, who cares? A computer(AI) opponent does not care about the outcome of the battle/game. The computer(AI) doesn't get frustrated when they lose or respect you more when you beat the game. While, a human opponent adds an element to the game called emotions. Emotions can help you or hurt you, but either way it creates a more interesting game that is not possible while battling the computer(AI). For me it's much more fun and satisfying to lose to a human player than it is to beat the hell out of the computer(AI).

Just my opinion :)

Angryminer
05-04-2004, 10:22
Except for my favorite game EUII (I can't stop talking about it) I agree with you that the multiplayer is an essential part in my buying-behaviour. If EUII would have cost more than 20€ I would still be of the opinion that SP-games are boring.

If you are searching for a good MP:
Jedi Knights II
There's nothing better than a saber-duel with someone of your skill.

Angryminer

TheArchduke
07-04-2004, 17:50
Your name on the Eu2 forums?

Well, JK 2 rocks, but never came round to play it.

Itīs the same as the TW series, only MP battles are nice, but a good campaign modus...

Platina
07-04-2004, 20:18
What is Eui?

timurlenk
07-04-2004, 22:01
Originally posted by Platina
What is Eui?

euI = europa universalis 1
euII = europa universalis 2

SumatroX
11-04-2004, 15:27
I don't agree to your opinion that SP would be boring because the computer doesn't care about what you do. After all, you are playing a computer game, and most people play computer games to have some fun, not to win respect. As long as I'm playing a computer game, I don't care about respect. I think a good campaign with a good story line can often be a lot cooler than MP. In SP it's easier to create difficult situations, where your brains gotto play a very big part of your victory. In MP there is always the situation that both sides must be even, and that is, IMO, boring itself. I play a lot of MP games, but I ALWAYS complete the SP of a game (not in games like BF1942, tho, there is no real SP). I still think SP is more important than MP.

Teutonic_Knight
11-04-2004, 23:42
Suma, i have to respectfully disagree in that SP uses more "brains" than does MP. I can always dupe the AI into something that helps me and hurts him like setting troops in mountains and letting me gain the defense while the AI is coming at me like lemmings to the cliff. A person, however, will see that little ploy and do something else.

In most MP games I have ever played MP is a lot "faster" paced game and a lot less forgiving of a mistake. I played a Grand Campaign in EU2 with some very respected and good players that was written about on the forums, and let me be the first to tell you that one battle(My battle against France in Hessen as Poland:D ) can completely and unequivocally change the whole game. Against the computer AI one can usually overcome a small mistake and in most cases several mistakes.

Angryminer
11-04-2004, 23:58
It's as easy as it can be:
In a singleplayer-game the singleplayer is most important.
In a multiplayer-game the multiplayer is most important.

But you can't tell people which kind of games is better for them, because some of them may like the density of a Gothic II-story and others like the dynamic Realm-vs-Realm-fights of Dark Age of Camelot.

Oh, and @ Teutonic_Knight:
The AI just doesn't rip off your pants because it doesn't want to.
The AI can calculate the exact number of soldiers it takes to drive your troops out of Hessen, but it attacks you with less soldiers to make you feel better ;) .
In all difficulty-settings.

Angryminer

Teutonic_Knight
12-04-2004, 00:44
I agree that I can't tell somebody what game they should like, all I was saying is that MP is a lot more demanding in ones ability to understand a game and it's mechanics than it does to play SP.

LOL, my battle against France, as admitted by the French player, was a magnificent victory that saved Europe from becoming hegemony under France. Austria and I had formed an alliance with a secret financial backing from the Spanish and a back stabbing defilement of an alliance by Russia to thwart the French.

I had more fun playing that particular game than any others combined as it was 6 players from all different countries playing a large and long EU2 game.

Angryminer
12-04-2004, 00:58
I tried to play EU2-MP too, but DirectPlay won't let me do so...
Very sad thing.
Oh, and yes, I really did what i could do, but this router-software just won't route those ports. You can see my thread in the EU2-MP-forum if you like... Same username.

Angryminer

Teutonic_Knight
12-04-2004, 02:04
That stinks, my friend had the same problem trying to play Hearts of Iron and Civ3 PTW. He got around it by completely shutting down his firewall and opening all ports, a bit of overkill but it worked.