PDA

View Full Version : Capital cities?

Finellach
31-03-2004, 20:04
I don't know if this was asked before and if there is information on the site, but I'll ask anyway.

Ok, so whats the deal with capital cities? Will every realm have a capital city, like for example Bavaria having Munchen or whatever was the capital of Bavaria in three available timelines? Also how will it work if you unite two or more realms/provinces? I mean how will the AI determin which one is the capital? Will we have any influence on that?

Sorry once again if the question is just reapeting, if it is just point me to the thread or source where this is discussed. Thx. ;)

timurlenk
31-03-2004, 20:20
Originally posted by Finellach
I don't know if this was asked before and if there is information on the site, but I'll ask anyway.

Ok, so whats the deal with capital cities? Will every realm have a capital city, like for example Bavaria having Munchen or whatever was the capital of Bavaria in three available timelines? Also how will it work if you unite two or more realms/provinces? I mean how will the AI determin which one is the capital? Will we have any influence on that?

Sorry once again if the question is just reapeting, if it is just point me to the thread or source where this is discussed. Thx. ;)

you cant unite two realms into one.
you can "unite" two or more realms under one kingdom.
so the capitals will still exist.

a list of suggested realms and their towns can be found here! (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=183&perpage=25&highlight=innsbruck&pagenumber=7)

til now there is no list of all realms and its capitals.
as you can see, capital of bavaria could be regensburg, capital of croatia zagreb.

Frank Fay
31-03-2004, 20:50
We dont have capitals, only Realms and Kingdoms.

timurlenk
31-03-2004, 21:06
Originally posted by Frank Fay

but there are towns. they will have no names??? :confused: :sad:

(hmm thats obviously the reason we've never seen any town names)

Finellach
01-04-2004, 01:13
Originally posted by timurlenk
you cant unite two realms into one.
you can "unite" two or more realms under one kingdom.
so the capitals will still exist.

And what did I said? I meant just that way. Of course you would not be able to "unite" two or more realms like Bavaria and Austria or whatever the realms at that area are. ;)

Originally posted by timurlenk
til now there is no list of all realms and its capitals.
as you can see, capital of bavaria could be regensburg, capital of croatia zagreb.

Hmmm....but that is wrong. Zagreb did not formally came into exstance until 19th century when the two settlements on neighbour hills Gradec and Kaptol united into one city.

To quote one of the sites(I'm to lazy to type the history by myself): "The town was founded on two hills separated by the Medveščak, stream. The hill to the east of the stream was the bishops' Kaptol, and the one to the west was the settlement called Communitas de monte Graci, Gradec, Greč or Grič(prounounced as Greech), as it is called today. On November 16th, 1242, Grič was proclaimed a free royal borough by King Bela IV. This marked the beginning of the town's development as a trade center, which for centuries had a dominant position in many areas. According to the custom of the time, the town walls were erected, with seven towers and four gates. A commander supervised all the fortifications. A castellan or a prokulab, who kept watch over the guard, the city gat, and tje jail, worked under his supervision. As a powerful commercial center, the town's measures were standard for the whole land. Length was measured in: fingers fists, feet and steps; volume in: half-measures, pints, buckets, and vessels, grain was measured in little cups and pounds, and salt in bushels and pecks. Other goods were measured in pounds, lots (1/30 lb), ounces etc. As the town developed it began minting its own silver coins, each weighing 1 gram, officially called denari banales. In the course of the centuries the town expanded so that in 1850 it united with the neighbouring municpalities to from the free and royal capital of Zagreb. "

Originally posted by Frank Fay

But I have seen cities like Budapest, London and other cities in the screenshots!!?! Does this mean the game will include only the biggest cities? Or to reformulate my question: Will there be cities that are going to be historicly correct in every realm?!

Frank Fay
01-04-2004, 09:29
This is related to this thread (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=183&highlight=names)

Frujin made some comments about.

We have only Realms and Kingdoms. The realm names are displayed above the towns.

Larger areas like Budapest will be named after the cities.

I close it, you can continue discussing there.