PDA

View Full Version : Units up in smoke

Thunder666
03-08-2006, 20:47
When i assault a city with a stone wall or bulwark (or when i break siege) sometimes the units i put up on a wall (or the enemy's units) just vanish in tiny clouds of smoke :angry:
this usually happens when the units are under attack, it's really annoying when it happens to a troop of (very useful and sometimes 3 star) archers :bash:
Does anyone know why this happens? (and if possible a way to stop it from happening)

Eagle
03-08-2006, 22:15
I donīt know if itīs helpfull, but if you shoot (with a catapult or a trebuchet) at the same wall your units are on the soldiers are also hit by the stones( I think it looks like tiny smoky clouds). If the wall is destroyed the unit(s) which on it are completely annihilated :angel: !

That are the only reasons I mention that such things happen.

So be sure that your siege units stop shooting at the walls!

Largefry07
04-08-2006, 07:46
Are the walls being reduced to rubble when this happens? Or are they not even under attack?

Thunder666
04-08-2006, 11:21
the walls stay fine, i only use my siege equipment to make a hole in the wall so i can enter and i never shoot it near my own units.
I've found out that the enemy units dissapear when they go on to a tower where my archers are, my archers kill some of them and then they go up in smoke (the enemy units, not the archers)
My units dissapear sometimes when they're not even under attack, i think they vanish when they stand idle too long on a wall
It doesn't happen ALL the time but it still happens :sad:

ps : ill try to get a screenshot if i can

Richard
06-08-2006, 00:04
This is a know bug that was never fully fixed. When the game was first released it happened alot during multiplayer in tower maps. Troops just disappear for no reason.