PDA

View Full Version : My son the spy?

Kuno of Gersenau
09-04-2004, 20:19
Hello

I've a question about the royal family...

Is it possible that the son of the king can become a spy?
If yes what is if his father dies and he is the marshall of another kingdom, or better the puppet king...:D

Will the people and the knights of this kingdom be happy when their king is suddenly also the king of the enemy kingdom...

I realize slowly how huge this diplomacy/spionage option is...

Havoc
09-04-2004, 21:29
i think that people will know that your spy prince is a real prince and they will know where he is from.

Frank Fay
09-04-2004, 22:18
Yes you can make your prince to a spy. About the other question, we got to ask Frujin...

Henrik
09-04-2004, 23:20
Originally posted by Kuno of Gersenau
Hello

I've a question about the royal family...

Is it possible that the son of the king can become a spy?
If yes what is if his father dies and he is the marshall of another kingdom, or better the puppet king...:D

Will the people and the knights of this kingdom be happy when their king is suddenly also the king of the enemy kingdom...

I realize slowly how huge this diplomacy option is...

Good question Kuno of Gersenau ;)

If such an event occured one would think that this would cause at least some rebellion among both knights and the general population....a few solutions to the problem:

1. Try to buy their loyalty - i'm quite sure that you can do that in KoH, coz if it's not possible at this stage, then the devs know what they have to spend their time on until the release.

2. Dismiss the knight who were "illoyal" ( ie. execute them ;) )

If the general population rebels against you, then we know it's possible to deal with those ie. there are a few threads outthere covering with this issue.

Back to you Frujin !

Kuno of Gersenau
14-04-2004, 14:24
Hello Frujin, I don't want to be impatient, but can you answer please...?:)

Kuno of Gersenau
17-04-2004, 15:45
*push*

Frujin
17-04-2004, 22:10
Heya Kuno! :)

Yes, the Prince can be a Spy. There is no probem when your King dies and his son is hired as Marshall in another Kingdom. In this case your Prince inherits the throne and becomes a King. There is no probem because the Kings can be a spies as well (they even have slight bonus).

The second exampe is wrong. When your Prince (or King) as a spy becomes a puppet King they wil INSTANTLY join all (sometimes almost all) territories to your Crown. Which is the benefit to use yoru Prince or King as Spy.

If some other (non-royal) Knight becomes a Puppet King he is still a separate King. You can ask him to "Hand over the Crown" but there is a catch :) ... The more experienced is the spy: 1) the more easy is for him to make it to the enemy throne, but 2) the more reluctant he is to "say goodbye" to his so Noble position.

As exampe, you sent your BEST, 5 stars spy to France. There he makes career and becomes a King. You tell him "Give me the Crown" ... i.e. join all France to you, but there is a chance for him to say "No, my current situation satisfies me! Sorry" And he becomes a "full" King if that happens. You will loose him as a spy.

This can never happen if he was member of your Royal Familily.

Espionage in KoH is very tricky so if you have more questions, please, ask away :) Cheers!

Finellach
17-04-2004, 23:02
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Thats so great!:hello: :cheers:

Kuno of Gersenau
18-04-2004, 12:44
Big thanks Frujin! :cheers: :go: :hello:

Kuno of Gersenau
08-05-2004, 18:44
Espionage in KoH is very tricky so if you have more questions, please, ask away :) Cheers!
I don't understand really the meaning of the the last words in this competition:blush: (My english isn't very good :(, and google translates sh**) But I hope you said, that I can ask more if I have a question...:)

So i saw somewhere that it's possible that my knight is a spy of my enemy...when I send "my" spy to his real Lord, will he always show his real face or is it possible that he decides to stay on my side. But then his first lord would know it and would kill him, if he is still in his kingdom, wouldn't he?

Or better example i send the spy-spy to a third kingdom and there he becomes a puppet king, who can give him orders now, only his first lord, I or both?

I think it will take a very long time vor discover all the possibilities in this game...:go: