PDA

View Full Version : Population

Hooba
01-11-2003, 16:51
We all know that you have to keep a large population (how many is the maximum size of the population of a normal kingdom) and how can you keep them under control. Will there be outlaws in your kingdom and can they cause and rebellion of the population. How much can the population endure before they start to revolt (if they can revolt) and will you have situations like torching houses and stuff with mounted troops (quick raid)?

I know these are a lot of questions, but I do hope you can answer (some of) them.

Greetz
Hooba

Frank Fay
01-11-2003, 20:55
how many is the maximum size of the population of a normal kingdom

It is a matter of balancing and will be finalised during testing the game.

how can you keep them under control

You mean, keeping them happy? There are a lot of possibilities in KoH but this is part of the economy news feature which will be revelaed later. So stay tuned for this :cool:

Will there be outlaws in your kingdom and can they cause and rebellion of the population

No we dont have outlaws but Rebels will have the functions of outlaws, like running around attacking production zones, castles, camping troops etc.

How much can the population endure before they start to revolt

It depends on many factors which affect the happiness. Before they start a Rebelion the cities will enter a state called "Disorder", where the player can try to "calm" down the population with several options.

will you have situations like torching houses and stuff with mounted troops (quick raid)?

Yes, basically two: "burn" (torching houses) and "plunder" (quick raid).

hase957
02-11-2003, 15:27
What can i do, that there won´t be revels?
Or can i do nothing?

Hooba
02-11-2003, 15:32
Thanks for the info :)

Frank Fay
02-11-2003, 19:30
In a nutshell it means that you have to keep your population happy and make sure that your Knights stay loyal. It is not that easy and enemy spies can do very bad :D

Jerome
03-11-2003, 11:10
i foresee that i'm gonna be really unhappy when i'm betrayed by my own knights... ;)

Frank Fay
03-11-2003, 18:58
Well, if you treat them good then you should not worry;)

Carcassone
03-11-2003, 19:25
Sounds like it's going to be as difficult as keeping multiple girlfriends happy. :rolleyes: