PDA

View Full Version : Dying dynasty.

Blackadder
10-08-2006, 07:32
So i just got this game from a bargain bin. And I am a newbie.

after watching the tutorial, i was eager to start the game.
Since i come from norway, i chose that. But after a cuple of hours play, my dynasty is dying! I have only a king left with no princes! And i have tried to get marriage deals with many contries but all refuse, saying that the countrys have none suitable to marry.

Is it perhaps because the age of my king? please help with some tips before he dies and my humble empire crumble to dust before it even got started.:sad:

EDIT: So after i posted this i went back and played, and seconds after i loaded my game, my king went and married a noble woman! Hehe perhaps he can spawn me some heirs now!

Laudan
10-08-2006, 07:42
Hallo, no worry about this! If your kings family havent a heir, so a own knight becomes the title of the king. But sometimes all or a part of your conquer provinces you loose.

Edit: You must not look everytime for a wife , mostly the prince becomes later alone a wife.

Blackadder
10-08-2006, 08:26
Okay i see. Thanks for the help. Im on my way conquering sweden now, denmark is next!

Elvain
10-08-2006, 08:30
also when you are looking for a wife fro your prince/king, go to the political view and use relations filter where you can see which country has princes/princesses to marry - prince is displayed by a crown, princess by a diademus

hawk_knight
11-08-2006, 01:55
also when you are looking for a wife fro your prince/king, go to the political view and use relations filter where you can see which country has princes/princesses to marry - prince is displayed by a crown, princess by a diademus

yes that is true but its also better to send your prince/princess to marriage a country which you have good relations with. But If you king dies and you prince/princess is married to a other country it may decide to claim land from you by legal right of marriage.
If you denay his claim you will be then automaticly at war with that country.

Dobber
11-08-2006, 02:25
yes that is true but its also better to send your prince/princess to marriage a country which you have good relations with. But If you king dies and you prince/princess is married to a other country it may decide to claim land from you by legal right of marriage.
If you denay his claim you will be then automaticly at war with that country.

Good way to start a war!

I will usually wait until the King dies, then marry off my new King to whomever I can find willing to hand over a daughter. I always try to find the daughter of a Venerable King of a Kingdom with only 1 or 2 provinces, then maybe I can inherit their entire Kingdom and not be at bad relations with them.

And I hate when I don't have a Prince and my best Marshall takes the throne, then I have to start training another to take his place when he dies.

hawk_knight
11-08-2006, 02:32
Good way to start a war!

I

And I hate when I don't have a Prince and my best Marshall takes the throne, then I have to start training another to take his place when he dies.

I normally let the new king still be a marshall. But another marshall wil always back him up in battle. So that the possebilty is much smaller that he wil get himself killed in battle.

btw and yes its a good way to start a war :biggrin:

Xuca
11-08-2006, 11:12
No, it's a very bad way to start a war, since your KP will drop. Best way to start a war is to use a spy. :plot:

Thunder666
11-08-2006, 11:44
No, it's a very bad way to start a war, since your KP will drop. Best way to start a war is to use a spy. :plot:

If you really want to start wars (you have to have a really strong army for this) you have to find a country with a number of allies or at least has good relations with some other countries (and no trade agreement or higher to you) declare war on them and in a few minutes you're at war with half the world :biggrin:

ps : i know its off topic, sry

Dobber
11-08-2006, 13:07
I started a new thread (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?p=170567#post170567) for the war topic!

Gallifrey
11-08-2006, 17:13

I particularly love the times when your kingdom is the most powerful, the richest, has the largest army and so on, and you approach some small, insignificant country for marriage to your king or prince, and they say "Sorry, but your kingdom is not amongst the most important! We cannot consent to marrying a kingdom that cannot take care of itself!" :go:

Angryminer
11-08-2006, 19:35
I particularly love the times when your kingdom is the most powerful, the richest, has the largest army and so on, and you approach some small, insignificant country for marriage to your king or prince, and they say "Sorry, but your kingdom is not amongst the most important! We cannot consent to marrying a kingdom that cannot take care of itself!" :go:That is a political correct "a) You're ugly b) You have no manners c) I hate your soccer club and d) You ran over my cat". In other words: A bad excuse for something different, like f.e. a low diplomatic skill.
Not everything the AI says is true. And that's supposed to be that way. In fact only very little powerful people say is true.

Angryminer

Dobber
11-08-2006, 21:33
I particularly love the times when your kingdom is the most powerful, the richest, has the largest army and so on, and you approach some small, insignificant country for marriage to your king or prince, and they say "Sorry, but your kingdom is not amongst the most important! We cannot consent to marrying a kingdom that cannot take care of itself!" :go:

When that happens, I say "I'll just show you how powerful I am! And then tell me from your grave, that I'm not important!".

I like the one when they say my children are to ugly to marry their children, their children deserve better!

Tempest
13-08-2006, 01:07
Hmm, funny strategies you have there...
Best way to marry your princesses: Don't.
Best way to marry your princes: To a princess whose father is really old and who has no male heirs. :P