PDA

View Full Version : Best and worst ways of starting wars!

Dobber
11-08-2006, 13:06
I thought I would continue this topic from the Dying Dynasty thread! I thought we might could have some fun with it and not be off topic in doing so!

If you really want a war on your hands, just claim the title Ruler over Europe and you will have one! :biggrin: All six of the most powerful Kingdoms will then be at war with you and quite possibly their allies as well!

Also, as a muslim country, completely eliminate the Papacy, then prepare to be set upon by every Catholic nation in the game at that time!

I have tried using spies to start wars but never have been successful with that!

BTW, back to something mentioned in the other thread, does denying someone's inheritance claim cause a drop in KP? I very rarely marry off Princesses and when I have the other nation has always chosen not to make a claim.

Xuca
11-08-2006, 13:10
BTW, back to something mentioned in the other thread, does denying someone's inheritance claim cause a drop in KP? I very rarely marry off Princesses and when I have the other nation has always chosen not to make a claim.
I think I was wrong, at that time I had a Prince married to the other kingdom, and they denied, so my KP dropped since I was in alliance with them. I even got exomunicated, and was in war with every catholic country. It was fun. :biggrin:

Dobber
11-08-2006, 13:18
I think I was wrong, at that time I had a Prince married to the other kingdom, and they denied, so my KP dropped since I was in alliance with them. I even got exomunicated, and was in war with every catholic country. It was fun. :biggrin:

Now I have had that happen! I claimed my inheritance and it was denied and my KP dropped from 5 to -2, which can really hurt. And it especially hurts if you are playing as Pagan!

Lord_Nick
11-08-2006, 14:02
I usually demand gold from the target kingdom, and/or demand them to attack an another kingdom. If they deny me, I declare war on them.

I've found that if my relationship with them is good and I declare war on them, by KP falls by one. Is this correct or am I missing something else?

Dobber
11-08-2006, 16:27
I usually demand gold from the target kingdom, and/or demand them to attack an another kingdom. If they deny me, I declare war on them.

I've found that if my relationship with them is good and I declare war on them, by KP falls by one. Is this correct or am I missing something else?

I have never had my KP drop just from declaring war on anyone. If I had to break agreements before I declared war then KP dropped but not when I had no agreements with the targeted kingdom.

Angryminer
11-08-2006, 19:41
When you have very good relations with someone and then declare that their rulership is unright and evil, then yes, your reputation does take a slight dent. :wink:
Yes, declaring war on a country with very good relations causes a KP drop of maximum 1.

I usually use marriages to cause wars. You marry your daughter off, they don't want to give you their territory, you exclaim that you're the most honest man in the world and just take what you own anyway. A great reason for a war! On the other hand, when they should inherit your territory you argue that they actually have no right to that anyway because the appletree is a bit more on your side of the fence and just defend your god given territory from the evil invaders. A great reason for a war! :smile:

Angryminer

Largefry07
11-08-2006, 21:25
I have tried using spies to start wars but never have been successful with that!

I've kinda had this happened to me. I was playing as Normandy and in my attempt to united England Ulster decided to put a spy in my court as a merchant. When I caught the guy and found out where he was I killed him like I always do with spies. The king of Ulster didn't find that action too wonderful and since he didn't like me much to begin with he declared war on me.

hawk_knight
11-08-2006, 22:43
I usually use marriages to cause wars. You marry your daughter off, they don't want to give you their territory, you exclaim that you're the most honest man in the world and just take what you own anyway. A great reason for a war! On the other hand, when they should inherit your territory you argue that they actually have no right to that anyway because the appletree is a bit more on your side of the fence and just defend your god given territory from the evil invaders. A great reason for a war! :smile:

Angryminer

I do the same thing :biggrin: use marriages to get a war:smile:

Tempest
13-08-2006, 01:16
If you really want a war on your hands, just claim the title Ruler over Europe and you will have one! :biggrin: All six of the most powerful Kingdoms will then be at war with you and quite possibly their allies as well!
Worst idea ever. Drop in KP will be beyond nasty and as you say already, you'll be at war with at least six powerful kingdoms. Do this if you really need a can of whoop-arse opened on you.

Also, as a muslim country, completely eliminate the Papacy, then prepare to be set upon by every Catholic nation in the game at that time!
Same as above, unless there are only few catholic kingdoms left.

Neither do I. I only marry my princes to claim territories myself. If I get them, fine. If they deny, I have my war. Best deal there is, and also a good way to start a war apart from using spies.

Dobber
13-08-2006, 07:25
Worst idea ever. Drop in KP will be beyond nasty and as you say already, you'll be at war with at least six powerful kingdoms. Do this if you really need a can of whoop-arse opened on you.

I found the challenge rather invigorating myself!

Lighthope
13-08-2006, 07:38
If you really want a war on your hands, just claim the title Ruler over Europe and you will have one!

Nah. Only the top six countries will hate you.

Want a really good war? Then let the first country you attack and wipe out be Papacy. Then get ready for it to hit the fan!

Lighthope

Dobber
13-08-2006, 07:41

Not quite true! Their Allies will eventually declare war on you as well!

Largefry07
14-08-2006, 02:31

Want a really good war? Then let the first country you attack and wipe out be Papacy. Then get ready for it to hit the fan!

Lighthope

There's an idea.

jonathanez
20-08-2006, 17:53
I like to declare war on nation that are begging for peace...just my charisma...

Lord_Nick
21-08-2006, 03:07
I like playing as a non-Catholic, then eliminating all the Catholic kingdoms and then declare war on the Papacy.

The Pope declares a Crusade against me, but there's no one to lead it ... :lol: :cheers: