PDA

View Full Version : Do You beleive BSS/Sunflowers will make a second patch

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lighthope
13-08-2006, 01:22
Poll Question: Do you believe BSS/Sunflowers are even talking about a second patch, or do you believe talk of a second patch is a ploy to get the complainers to shut up while they work on other projects?

Tempest
13-08-2006, 12:37
My opinion is in between your two rather extreme options in the poll, which is why I won't vote on it. I don't think they are blatantly lying. But I also don't think that a second patch for such a rather old game has a high priority for them. I think there's good will, but not enough energy behind it.
It doesn't annoy me because a company, especially a rather young one like BSS, has to look into earning money, which is hard to do with patching games that nobody plays anymore (and face it, while we all love KoH, it's no game for the masses).
What annoys me is that they don't take clear directions. Half-heartedly thinking about a patch they'll never get round to actually make will only get the hopes up and help nobody. Make a decision at last, dammit. Do it or don't do it.

Doux
13-08-2006, 20:39
"They are honestly looking into making a second patch"

That's just what I think.

Lighthope
13-08-2006, 22:47
I think there's good will, but not enough energy behind it.

The road to Hell is paved with what?

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Allow me to introduce my selves...

--== TIGERS' QUEST - http://www.tigersquest.com
--== RATE YOUR BOSS - http://www.rateyourboss.us

Traveller
14-08-2006, 13:30
And the road to Heaven is paved with what?

Eagle
14-08-2006, 16:36
I also think that they are making a second patch, but a little more information about the patch would be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!! (just a yes or will last a month ...., or anything that way :go: )

Dobber
14-08-2006, 16:50
Why shouldn't I believe an effort is being made toward bringing a patch to the game?

Laudan
14-08-2006, 17:09
I believe that the patch will coming.

here again what BSS political:

Here we can look for some words from BSS:

COMPANY BACKGROUND, OUR MISSION AND PHILOSOPHY

Established in 2001, Black Sea Studios is intended being a gathering of the most skillful and talented professionals in the game development business in Bulgaria.

As a Bulgarian company Black Sea Studios aims to become a center of gaming industry in whole East and South Europe, attracting young talents and experienced professionals from all over the world. With creative atmosphere and perfect working environment we do hope to achieve free exchanging of ideas in-between our teams with one final goal – creating fun. Our game designs are obeyed to only one rule – they must capture the imagination of the gamers and entertain them.

We are targeting on players’ audience “everyone” by creating high playable, original and most of all fun computer games by means of initial concept, programming, game design, management, animation, graphics (2D, 3D), production, sound FX, music etc. Of course, the most important is the gameplay itself as single and multiplayer experience. At Black Sea Studios we’d like to develop for wide range of platforms like (but not limited to): PC, Macintosh, XBOX and PS2.

We do strongly believe in the support of our fans and on-line communities. Black Sea Studios takes care for all gamers and never ignores the desires, suggestions, dreams and efforts of its fans.

The company’s strategy is based on the idea of producing a whole series of products, including expansion packs, sequels etc. We are striving to keep the gamers’ interest and offer them more and more fun as well as new visions. We are using state of the art technologies for creating completely unique worlds and attractive gameplay, which the players should nothing else but enjoy.
The founder of the company is Vesselin Handjiev. His previous title “Tzar: The Burden of the Crown” brought a lot of innovations and depth to the RTS genre.

[7 May 2001, Sofia, Bulgaria]

And not for a long time say Frujin: We wait only for a green light from Sunflowers.

WAIT , and wait a little bit.

Lighthope
14-08-2006, 23:09
And the road to Heaven is paved with what?

Grace?

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Things to do today: Get up. Survive. Go to bed.

--
IHere we can look for some words from BSS:

COMPANY BACKGROUND, OUR MISSION AND PHILOSOPHY

We do strongly believe in the support of our fans and on-line communities. Black Sea Studios takes care for all gamers and never ignores the desires, suggestions, dreams and efforts of its fans.

Never ignores its fans, eh? Who wrote that philosophy? Bill Clinton?

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Sure you can trust the Government. Just ask an Indian!

--
Poll Question: Do you believe BSS/Sunflowers are even talking about a second patch, or do you believe talk of a second patch is a ploy to get the complainers to shut up while they work on other projects?

So far, the poll shows 2:1 in favour of believing the company when it says it is honestly going to make a patch.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Who'd have thought that "'Till death do us part" would take so long.

Richard
15-08-2006, 02:43
I believe Bss doesn't want to make a patch, not coz they don't care for customers, but because it is pointless. Sunflower Never gave the greenlight, a year+ passed by with complete silence from SF's part, Fruji even said it, they were waiting for SF. Now Sf came up with this new "contract" only months before they release 2 new games, but this time Bss is the one who doesn't want it, ironic.:wink:(trying to spread the bad reputation aren't we:rofl: )

Now it would be pointless to make a patch, I know, they know, everyone should know it, why? Waste of money for a game that won't produce any revenew, which is SF's complete foult as we all know it. BSS is doing the correct thing, as they are still a small company and can't waste money. They made a big error on selecting SF as publisher and I hope they don't repeat it again.

Anyways I don't like your poll as it doesn't have the option saying
"No patch because It SF's foult for not giving greenlight,bad publishing and bad betatesting"
I believe this new "contract" is nothing more than a way for them to apease some of their angry customers, so they don't lose too much on the new games. My prediction is that the 2 year old silence will continue until people just get tired and leave and never buy anything from sf again. I hope I'm wrong and SF does brake the silence. I honestly don't want a patch, I just want SF to admit they made a BIG, BIG error, and that they don't want to make a patch, to say "no we won't make a patch because it didn't produce much money which was our foult, blah blah blah......" I just want a concrete, full answer, nothing more, nothing less. Until they do this, I won't buy anything from them nor will encourage people to do so.

Sorry for long post.

Fight the system! lol:rofl: :silly:

Tempest
15-08-2006, 02:56
I have to agree...
of course, average Joes like us don't have any real insight into what's going on behind the scenes. But if you think about what was bad about the whole KoH project so far... the beta-testing ****ed, the promotion ****ed, the manual ****ed, the copy protection ****ed. You notice something? Right, these were all Sunflowers' responsibilities.
It's probably not a too wacky thought to assume that they are behind this hold-up as well.

How about doing something right for a change and tell us what's really going on?

Elvain
15-08-2006, 10:21
at least we found a conclusion. And I am very pleased that most of those who looked deeper into the game see that most of bad things lie on SF

I don't believe that the effortof SF is foul. They made a contract for BSS to make a patch for a game that has almost no sells now. It took them almost year and a half to getto the idea that the game needs support, something what everyone in the community knew since the second patch was released.

Yes, beta testing ****ed, promotion ****ed, the game wasn't even planed to be released in the biggest gaming market, BSS were ready for the patch when it was up-to-date but SF didn't give them a greenlight

now we all cry on empty grave :sad:

Gallifrey
15-08-2006, 20:43
I really don't understand the fuss, ire and spite that constantly flames up over a patch. Sure, the game could use some tweaks, what game couldn't?
Can anyone say they haven't got their money out of the game in terms of entertainment? It's not as though KoH was a "rip off" or incomplete and unplayable.

Dobber
15-08-2006, 20:57
Personally, I have been enjoying it!

Lighthope
15-08-2006, 22:05
I really don't understand the fuss, ire and spite that constantly flames up over a patch. Sure, the game could use some tweaks, what game couldn't?
Can anyone say they haven't got their money out of the game in terms of entertainment? It's not as though KoH was a "rip off" or incomplete and unplayable.

The ire, my dear Gallifrey, is that we were lied to. I can handle a company saying that they don't want to support their product. I can handle a company that even says Thanks for the Money, now go jump in a lake.

What I can't stand is being lied to. That makes me your enemy. This nonsense that "negotiations are in the works" blah blah that we've been fed all this time I think was a blatant lie. I don't believe it. Not one bit. And that is what makes me angry. If they would have just said that they didn't want to make a second patch, that would have irritated me but I would have accepted it. But lie to me? No! Never!

Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps there really is something going on behind the scenes. Perhaps it is just that the concept of customer service is completely foreign to them. Maybe there really is work toward a second patch and they (for some really odd reason) think it's best to tick off their customers with dead silence instead of letting them know what's going on along the way. (Except for a single statement, a year after the fact, and completely unverifiable, about a contract going to lawyers.) So if I'm wrong everyone will be happy.

But as they say, it takes a whole lot of Atta Boy's to make up for one Oh Crap! And Sunflowers has a lot of crap to dig out from under. So pardon me if I'm just slightly skeptical about this whole deal.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - My typos & mispellings are intentional copyright traps

Gallifrey
15-08-2006, 23:26
And perhaps it's a painfully simple matter of time available on the part of Black Sea. They're working on another, new, income-generating game. The developers have a contractual job to do; generally, developers are paid by a publisher at milestone intervals, they reach deveolpment goals and they get paid. If a segment of that development team goes to work on a patch for KoH, their work on the new game, and reaching that next milestone, is jeopordised.
So Sunflowers have greenlit another patch, great. But is the time available to BSS to make that patch? There are only so many hours in a day, and game developers generally put in really long work days as it is.

It's true that some developers have teams assigned to support for previous games, but those are often much larger dev houses. I don't get the impression that Black Sea is a huge development studio.

The next patch will probably be done when they have time to do it. Sunflowers aren't making the patch, merely providing the means to have it made and issued.

Elvain
15-08-2006, 23:44
ok, but probably the only facts that we can see (except promisses that some contract was being sent to BSS Lawyers who may probably decide that it is not reliable for BSS), all or at least big most of problems that caused that the patch isn't done is caused by Sunflowers.

1) poor beta testing, resoponsibility of SF
2) very poor promotion and decision that KoH will not be released in North America which eas changed only later due to low sales in Europe (caused by ****ing promotion, coz everyone who tried the game said how is it possible that he found it by chance)
3) BSS were ready to make the patch before they started development of their new project but Sunflowers didn't give them greenlight
4) BSS had long vacation during which there were no negotiations
5) negotiations resulted to the fact that BSS prefered to start a new project instead of negotiating with SF
6) when BSS are busy SF complete another contract and send it to BSS and try to put all the guilt on them

or is my picture that wrong?

Sir Sean
16-08-2006, 07:51
thats right!
SF i just trying to get a better name for themselves they dont care if the trample on some little new small corperation.
maybe after BSS has finished there project they could take knights of honor revamp it name it somthing else and start selling it! with good avertisment it will be the best game beating AoE2 AOE3 and RoN x-pack.

Webmaster
16-08-2006, 10:40
ok, but probably the only facts that we can see (except promisses that some contract was being sent to BSS Lawyers who may probably decide that it is not reliable for BSS), all or at least big most of problems that caused that the patch isn't done is caused by Sunflowers.

1) poor beta testing, resoponsibility of SF
2) very poor promotion and decision that KoH will not be released in North America which eas changed only later due to low sales in Europe (caused by ****ing promotion, coz everyone who tried the game said how is it possible that he found it by chance)
3) BSS were ready to make the patch before they started development of their new project but Sunflowers didn't give them greenlight
4) BSS had long vacation during which there were no negotiations
5) negotiations resulted to the fact that BSS prefered to start a new project instead of negotiating with SF
6) when BSS are busy SF complete another contract and send it to BSS and try to put all the guilt on them

or is my picture that wrong?
yes, your picture is quite wrong ... facts are added by your own conclusions!

1) testing was done by SF and BSS all time during development of the game. both companies shared one bugtracking system. lead testing was done by SF, right!

2) North America
finding a proper partner, like paradox, was quite a search, coz many possible publisher didn't believe in a 2D strategy game for the US market.

3) greenlight
no deal, no green light

4 + 5 + 6)
BSS answers tooks always a long time. the now sent contract is an evolution of all rejected contract passages before.
sure BSS as SF put their main focus on new projects, coz both are companies and earn money to pay their staff and for necessary investements

Elvain
16-08-2006, 12:52
North America:

eh? I remember a statement of some SF official that the game is NOT PLANNED to be released in NA.
So?