PDA

View Full Version : About buildings

Pages : [1] 2

Duke of Shropshire
14-04-2004, 16:13
Hi Honorable Lords.

From what I understood It seems that there is no placing and construction of single buildings in the Closeview.
I mean: is not the player to decide where to place a building and how many instance of it to place (ie. 3 watch tower here and 4 house there etc...)

I'm right? It's only up to the player in the WV that have only to fortyfy for example or to create some building, but he doesn't decide where and how many!?

May be? I hope to be wrong. ;)

Thx in advance for answering dear Lords.

Elewyn
14-04-2004, 16:21
I would like you to be wrong, but that's true.

You do "fortification" in WV and it contains of some towers or upgrading walls for the case of a battle.

Angryminer
14-04-2004, 16:25
You can fortify a city by clicking the city, there somewhere should be an "Build"-icon and on the following screen (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0093.jpg) you can choose what fortification to build.
Shorter:
You say "Fortify Vienna with towers", and not "Build a gray-brick-tower-with-wooden-top 12 meters left from the north-west-corner of the walls and make it 8 meters high!" 6 times...

This isn't AoE. Here you are king.

Angryminer

Duke of Shropshire
14-04-2004, 16:37
Originally posted by Angryminer
You can fortify a city by clicking the city, there somewhere should be an "Build"-icon and on the following screen (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0093.jpg) you can choose what fortification to build.
Shorter:
You say "Fortify Vienna with towers", and not "Build a gray-brick-tower-with-wooden-top 12 meters left from the north-west-corner of the walls and make it 8 meters high!" 6 times...

This isn't AoE. Here you are king.

Angryminer
Hey Lord....you could do that only by clicking on a building and placing every istance of it whereever you want in the CV. Not so complicated ah?! :p

But I thought that building was in this way. No matter....it remind me a game that I loved so mutch : "Heroes of Might and Magic". No placing buildings there but only say "upgrade this or build that"...no metter where and how. You just saw the building added to your city. Ok. This is not an heavy problem. ;)

Angryminer
14-04-2004, 16:42
150 realms, one king, thousands of building to be build.
In a game like "Bridgebuilder" that would be a feature, but in a game like KoH a great drawback, because you already have enough to do. In fact more than you want ;) .

Angryminer

Duke of Shropshire
14-04-2004, 16:49
In a game like "Bridgebuilder" that would be a feature, but in a game like KoH a great drawback, because you already have enough to do. In fact more than you want ;) .

Angryminer

I think that this is a good motivation. Thanx for answering me dear Angryminer. ;)

the knightly sword
14-04-2004, 18:34

Angryminer

and remmeber that we will have more realms now they are on 155 realms

IaMSky
15-04-2004, 13:12
Will you have control of the amount of buildings, and the rate you can increase your kingdom?

the_holy_knight
15-04-2004, 23:35
It is yet to be announced as far as I know if buildings will be placed instantly or over a short period of time. I hope its the first one it will be quite annoying to w8 for a building to be built.:angry:

Duke of Shropshire
16-04-2004, 00:19
Originally posted by the_holy_knight
It is yet to be announced as far as I know if buildings will be placed instantly or over a short period of time. I hope its the first one it will be quite annoying to w8 for a building to be built.:angry:

Hi Holy Knight! ;)
I think that is more realistic in a strategic real time simulation that buildings take a little to be complete ...and more...i like to see intermediate stages of building.

Your faithfully,
The Duke of Shropshire. :cheers:

Frank Fay
16-04-2004, 08:12
You can build per realm one building at one time. But you can shorten the construction time by "granting" money from your teasury.

the_holy_knight
16-04-2004, 11:31
Thankyou all knowing Frank Fay. Your knowledge has no boundaries. And I know if it takes a little time to build a building but then we come back to the playability>accuracy.

Angryminer
16-04-2004, 14:36
Of course! Loads of fun when you try to attack an enemy-castle and in 5 seconds that level-one-castle with no defences is upgraded to a level 3-castle with 12 meter stone-walls and defensive catapults etc.

*Bursts from sarkasm*

Angryminer

Duke of Shropshire
16-04-2004, 14:46
Of course! Loads of fun when you try to attack an enemy-castle and in 5 seconds that level-one-castle with no defences is upgraded to a level 3-castle with 12 meter stone-walls and defensive catapults etc.

*Bursts from sarkasm*

Angryminer

It's just what I mean!:go:
This wouldn't be realistic. So... time to build is a necessary feature of this game.

And...what about rapresenting a building during his construction? Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see any scrshot with buildings under construction. If there is something like that, where can I find it?

The Duke.

Angryminer
16-04-2004, 14:53
Perhaps you should visit this (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0093.jpg) screenshot. Here we see Vienna being fortified with a palisade. You see a green status-bar above the castle and on the lower-left of the build-screen is a bigger status-bar.
There you can see what I believe to be the "Fund"-icon to accelerate the building-process with more money (it's right from the bigger status-bar).

[ There are other examples in the screenshots, but this one has the new interface. ]

Angryminer

Duke of Shropshire
16-04-2004, 15:34
Perhaps you should visit this (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0093.jpg) screenshot. Here we see Vienna being fortified with a palisade. You see a green status-bar above the castle and on the lower-left of the build-screen is a bigger status-bar.
There you can see what I believe to be the "Fund"-icon to accelerate the building-process with more money (it's right from the bigger status-bar).

[ There are other examples in the screenshots, but this one has the new interface. ]

Angryminer

Very Good. Fund also is a nice Idea! ;)
But...In the CV could I see the Palisade under construction? I mean the building incomplete being constructed?

Thanx, The Duke.

Angryminer
16-04-2004, 16:49
I guess not.
That wouldn't match KoH's definition of CloseView.
The CloseView isn't a zoomed WorldView but a loose representation of WorldView. If there's a big castle in WorldView you will see a big castle in CloseView. But not that destinct castle.

Angryminer

Duke of Shropshire
16-04-2004, 21:24
I guess not.
That wouldn't match KoH's definition of CloseView.
The CloseView isn't a zoomed WorldView but a loose representation of WorldView. If there's a big castle in WorldView you will see a big castle in CloseView. But not that destinct castle.

Angryminer

I figured out this....but I hoped for some nice realistic features in CV like thuse. Buildings complete and buildings under construction. Could be really nice....but...no problem.

Thanx Angryminer...you're always answering.
God bless you and your realm. ;)

The Duke.

qliman
16-04-2004, 22:24
hmmmmmm For example I will make my city bigger and enclose it with wall but I will be unable to do it becouse there will be no possibility for do this and my enemy will destroy my city.

Angryminer
16-04-2004, 23:03
@Duke: I do not posess any realms at this time, but I think that this will change in 3Q2004 ;) .
@qliman: I hope that I understood you correctly:
The CloseView-maps are a loose representation of the town you see in WorldView. That means that the walls you build in WorldView will be in the CloseView-maps, but you won't be able to identify a town by it's CloseView-map.
So building walls, towers, defensive catapults and oil cauldrons will keep your enemy from burning down your town ;) .

Angryminer