PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Starting point?

Finellach
15-04-2004, 01:33
I was wondering about one thing, for example, how will you start the game? Will you choose a nation or will you choose a realm?

Havoc
15-04-2004, 02:22
as far as i know you will pick a nation.

Nadine Knobloch
15-04-2004, 10:18
You start as king of a small kingdom.

hawk_knight
15-04-2004, 10:30
Originally posted by Nadine Knobloch

Can you choose a small kingdom that you want :D:confused:

Angryminer
15-04-2004, 11:09
Frujin once stated that you can pick every nation on the map.

Angryminer

Elewyn
15-04-2004, 12:19
Originally posted by Angryminer
Frujin once stated that you can pick every nation on the map.
Yes, so also great kingdoms and empires...

IaMSky
15-04-2004, 13:09
Well there be a point system? Where we can find out who are more skilled players by there points?

Elewyn
15-04-2004, 13:26
nono, to explain it. There are entry points for in KoH. But those entry points should be explained better as starting years. They are 1000 A.D. as early middle age
1200 as high middle age
1350 as late middle age

in those starting points you can choose every nation/kingdom which is on a map until you conquere Europe, become voted emperor of Europe or loose.

It tends to question if years go on after those entry years. Answer is: NO It's like you play still in year 1200 (this is because devs don't want to have nor of those:
-knights in year 2539
-game must be stopped in 1453, so player will never be satysfied by ending the game and the game lasting will be limited by some stupid feature.

IaMSky
15-04-2004, 13:29
oo i see, like medievle total war, you have a period of time to take over europe and if you dont, you lose?

Elewyn
15-04-2004, 13:33
NO.
You start once and the only way how the game can stop you is to defeat you. You won't have to stop in certain year.

No year counter here.

You don't need to take care on what year is now, because there will be nothing like this

Finellach
15-04-2004, 19:01
Originally posted by Nadine Knobloch

Can you please elaborate more on that...if you can that is. ;)
What defines "a small kingdom"? Will you choose a realm that will be your "small kingdom"?

Elewyn
15-04-2004, 21:17
Originally posted by Finellach
Can you please elaborate more on that...if you can that is. ;)
What defines "a small kingdom"? Will you choose a realm that will be your "small kingdom"? As Frujin said, we will chose "nation", so that means every kingdom which emerges on the map. Not a realm, only in case that your kingdom contains of only one realm, what is possible ofcourse.

You can chose France in late period, so it will consist of f.e. 6realms, you can chose Switzerland in same period with only one realm, or Sultanate of Egypt with its 5 realms (all are just examples), or Byzantium in early period with f.e.15 realms...

but not f.e. a realm of Burgundy which is French in certain period. You can chose it if it is in late period as independent "kingdom"-Duchy of Burgundy

Finellach
15-04-2004, 22:59
So we will be able to choose only existing nations in specific time periods(those three mentioned)?!....Interesting.

Vytis
15-04-2004, 23:39
You start as king of a small kingdom
Can't you start as a king of a big kingdom?

-------------
Me likes to rule the world
Me too lazy too conquer it all from scratch.
:king:

Elewyn
16-04-2004, 00:48
Originally posted by Finellach
So we will be able to choose only existing nations in specific time periods(those three mentioned)?!....Interesting. Yes. That's why I tried so hard to push Bohemia as nation in the beggining of at least late medieval period :angel:
Originally posted by Vytis
Can't you start as a king of a big kingdom?
-------------
Me likes to rule the world
Me too lazy too conquer it all from scratch.
:king: I'm not a dev, but feel informated enough to tell you that you CAN. When you can play for ALL nations on the map, it means also the bigger ones ;)

the_holy_knight
16-04-2004, 11:39
Why use the bigger kingdoms? It is much more satisfying to beat all the bigger powers with your really small one!:bday: :bday: :bday: