PDA

View Full Version : KoH just earning money or conquor the skies?

HexHammer
16-04-2004, 02:03
I am a great fan of medival RTS (Real Time Strategy). I had to dig really deep to find this awesome looking game.

I think it's a shame KoH hasn't been better promoted, now that it is fairly close to release date, many other games has received massive promo years ahead, so I guess Sunflowers, isn't aiming to make it a huge blockbuster, in wich I am sure it has alot of potential to be.

Matchmaking system
- does it allow banning of annoying players, from rooms you host?

- are there easily accesable private chatchannels like Blizzard's Battlenet? Not like the annoying Zone, where you have to invite each any every chatter manually *sigh!!!!*

- what is the rating system like? The Battlenet or like the AoE series? Or some new and uniqe?

Support
- in the support note, comming with the game, it should be written what ports on the firewall, to be opened, many gamers are totally helpless on such matters, not all are "coputer-litterate"

- please inform about lag, what it is, sometimes it can be a bad server at your ISP (Internet Service Provider). The backbone server to the rest of the world may also be bad, thus you locally have good ping, but bad ping to the rest of the world. Lag can also appear by too slow PC, either low MHz/GHz ..etc..

Gameplay
- 3v3 isn't that a little too little? Ofcause the system demands would be higher, but comon? No more great clanfights *sigh*

- how long does a match 1v1 typically take? In AoM (Age of Mytholigy) it was estimated as 20 min averagely.

- can you record the games, and singleplayer includet?

- are chat also includet in savegames? (remember there is no better way to teach fellow clanmembers, with the help of chat in savegames)

- bookmarking in savegames?

Thanks for reading, I will post more later.

-

Havoc
16-04-2004, 03:30
wow u brought up some realy good questions
i realy like battlenet

the_holy_knight
16-04-2004, 11:34
Wow that's a lot of questions but they need to be answered. Oh super moderators where art thou?
P.S. You can now get an avatar hex hammer you needed to make a post before you could!:):bday:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

HexHammer
16-04-2004, 17:32
Thanks for the compliment Havoc :)

the_holy_knight, aaah! Thats why I couldn't get it when I created the account, but unfortunaly there is no avatar of an inquisitor, which my name symbolize :confused: (Malleus Maleficarum = Hammer of the Witches)

But thanks anyway ;)

the_holy_knight
17-04-2004, 14:23
Np hexhammer i had the same problem :):bday: :angel:

Bora
17-04-2004, 14:46
i can only say a bit to hammers post.

1. the promo (in germany) is all right the biggest computer game magazin, called gamestar, brings always some news and there also was a preivew of the game.
so i think KoH will be this years "silent favourite" for RTS games.
and its hard to compete a against a game like rome tw with its really great 3d engine. but i like the medieval moret hen the roman age and the 2d engine of KoH looks good enough to me. at last you dont need a expensive computer to make KoH run fluently.

2. the release has moved from beginning of summer to fall of this year. you can read this on the mainpage. so the game is not so close to its release as you think.

3. i think the developers and publishers here are doing a good job, cause they are answering our questions really quick and they try to take in good ideas from us,... if we have some ;)
so i would not be afraif that the support AFTER release would be bad, i hope and think they continue with the good work.

Frank Fay
17-04-2004, 16:12
Hammer, may I ask where you come from?

HexHammer
17-04-2004, 16:16
I come from Denmark? Mouveing wouldn't be any problem

Frank Fay
17-04-2004, 18:16
No no :) I wanted to know which country of origin you are.

HexHammer
17-04-2004, 22:43
I'm sorry to say, that I am very baffled, why you as a --- Producer --- of SUNFLOWERS GmbH, would ask me where I am from, without no further reason? It feels like, watching a lightining strike from a clear sky. Not that I have anyting against it, but it is just so unusual.

sometimes life seems so puzzeling.

timurlenk
18-04-2004, 10:49
Originally posted by HexHammer
I'm sorry to say, that I am very baffled, why you as a --- Producer --- of SUNFLOWERS GmbH, would ask me where I am from, without no further reason? It feels like, watching a lightining strike from a clear sky. Not that I have anyting against it, but it is just so unusual.

sometimes life seems so puzzeling.

frank fay is president of a dutch autodafé club and always searching for new members near to his hometown... :D ;)

HexHammer
18-04-2004, 11:14
Eeeeh?

timurlenk
18-04-2004, 11:21
Originally posted by HexHammer
Eeeeh?

autodafé ("act of faith") = burning heretics, pagans, witches, sorcerers in the name of faith / god.

HexHammer
18-04-2004, 11:31
Also!
Public burning of forbidden writings.

Yes I am well aware ;)

The thing is, I am but a mere guest here on this forum, it would be a too high honor of sharing a good burning with the --- Producer --- of SUNFLOWERS GmbH, in own person, I'm not worthy! :eek:

Frank Fay
18-04-2004, 12:37
No I asked because this:

I think it's a shame KoH hasn't been better promoted So I was curious to learn were you come from. To let our marketing guys know about it.

HexHammer
25-04-2004, 02:36
If I was in the marketing department, I would aim at the RTS (Real Time Strategy) communities, such as:

www.heavengames.com
www.rtscentral.com
www.gamespy.com (planetknigtsofhonor)

Make them host a fansite, it will be way better than any extensive marketingcampain, with small banners, that will drown in the crowd.
But ofcause, I don't know the budget of the marketing, nor your strategies longterm and shortterm.

Just a sidenote:
I assume you wait with the update to gamesites, till you have the knight skills finished

shagrath_the_dead
27-04-2004, 17:17
Originally posted by timurlenk
frank fay is president of a dutch autodafé club and always searching for new members near to his hometown... :D ;)

1) what's wrong with dutch???? :P

2) i am an satanic guy,frank,i live in the hague,westcoast of the netherlands,wanna have my adres??? we'll see who's gonna get burned ;) :P

3) frank,here in the netherlands there's also NONE advertisement of this awesome game as far as i know

so,just for your information ;)

geno604
27-04-2004, 20:17
Frank i as well came across this game by accident, which shouldnt have been the case since its such an excellent game.

I am from Vancouver Canada, i think those sites he posted are excellent places for PR. The north american market has not seen enough of KOH. And it should.

Khan Krum
27-04-2004, 22:08
Yeah, promotion is always hard these days as we get loads of new games announced even as we speak now.
Still Black Sea studios found some good publishers for the game, and this game is the best promoted among the other bulgarian titles such as Tzar and Celtic Kings (if we mention Nemesis of the Roman empire we get pretty much all the bg strategy titles :p ).
And there is still something to be wished in that area. The game is a potential hit in the RTS market, but most of the people relly on traditions nowadays when we talk about the game market.