PDA

View Full Version : Crusaders never leaving for crusade:confused:

Dobber
17-08-2006, 07:47
In the current game I am playing, I have had on several occasions had a Marshall selected to lead a crusade, I allowed each of them in turn to lead the crusade(I didn't want to chance excommunication). And afterall, I thought maybe I would call them home after just a bit. But a strange thing happened, none of them ever left for the crusade. Their portrait changed to the white crusader image, then after just seconds the portrait would return to the reddish color. I would go to them and they would be standing there by the camp of their original forces waiting to be moved over to recruit them back into service.

Laudan
17-08-2006, 07:52
I hope for you that your crusader marshal not control from another spy.

But really i dont know why you cannot make, i am playing often with one of my marshal as a crusader, but this prop i have so far not. Perhaps come this prop sometimes, who does know about this prop?

Liiwo
17-08-2006, 10:32
Perhaps the province or the country your crusaders were going to attack was converted or conqurered precisely after they were leaving.

Dobber
17-08-2006, 12:26
I hope for you that your crusader marshal not control from another spy.

Well I have a well trained spy(that came from the royal line) watching the court and he has not discovered a Marshall as spy. He has discovered many clerics as spys.
And this has happened with 3 different Marshall's.
I did earlier in the game call a Marshall home from a crusade before he reached his destination, I had a situation arise at home that needed attention. Would that have some bearing on it?

Also, I would check and I would now be at war with the nation I had been asked to lead the crusade against.

Largefry07
17-08-2006, 16:38
If you make peace with that nation the crusade is off. That might be your problem, but asided from that I've never had anything like that happen. Of course I never crusade. Whenever the Pope ask one of my marshall I deny it and after a while the Pope stops asking me having never been excommunicated.

Dobber
17-08-2006, 20:54
If you make peace with that nation the crusade is off. That might be your problem, but asided from that I've never had anything like that happen. Of course I never crusade. Whenever the Pope ask one of my marshall I deny it and after a while the Pope stops asking me having never been excommunicated.

Nope, as I stated in the prior post, when I would check, it would show me at war with the nation the crusade had been called upon. I would then offer peace so I wouldn't have something else to worry about.
It's strange to say the least. I am playing as unified Aragon, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it.