PDA

View Full Version : A town's daily life

Carcassone
03-11-2003, 16:54
From viewing various screen shots I've noticed that in the night portion of the "day's" cycle that structures have smoke coming form chimneys. I've also noticed a number of peasants going through their daily routine. Will there presence be a direct reflection of how many resources you're collecting i.e. they chop the wood and carry it to a mill ala AOK. Or will there presence only be a visual necessity to give the feel of a living town. I ask this question because it's been stated a number of times that this is not a game of micromanagement, that it's a game of conquest and kingdom expansion.

I have to many questions to ask....:(......and so little time to ask them.

Pikeman
04-11-2003, 08:57
I do hope they're more than just scenery.:angel:

Carcassone
04-11-2003, 15:48
My follow up question: if in fact the peasants are more than scenery, how about peasants fleeing for thier lives with kids and things in hand once an enemy army approaches?

Pikeman
04-11-2003, 16:53
Into the castle, you mean? A la Helm's deep? Yes, that would be nice. Especially villagers running for the safety of the walled city with carts full of possesions. I would love that!

inappropriate smiley::yawn:

Carcassone
04-11-2003, 20:10
Exactly, into the castle they run. That would give the scene a little excitement wouldn't it?

Pomerania Prince
05-11-2003, 14:11
Will the # of pesants be related to amout of food or stone you collect? What about taxes? Actualy, do you even collect food and stone in the game?

G_R
07-11-2003, 10:04
Yes and maybe you'd like them to cheer you when you defeat an enemy army huh.And then throw a parade in your honor:bday: -come ooon its a game you cant have everything!Other than that its a lovely thought.

Frank Fay
07-11-2003, 10:41
I ask this question because it's been stated a number of times that this is not a game of micromanagement, that it's a game of conquest and kingdom expansion.

Exactly and therefore they are meant for visual enhancements only. After all it is not an empire building game where it would make sense.

However, they are meant to represent medieval town life with loads of details.

Pomerania Prince
07-11-2003, 15:35
So how is the economy working? You just build a mine without woring if you have the population for it?

Moorkh
07-11-2003, 16:34
I'm afraid you'll need a bit more patience for that, Pomeranian - they promised an extensive web special on economy, but they're still working on it.

Frank Fay
07-11-2003, 17:41
You just build a mine without woring if you have the population for it?

Yes that's the idea, but as Moorkh said....we will reveal more later.

Elewyn
07-11-2003, 19:14
And what about the growth of the realm? Can a village become a town by some time?

Pomerania Prince
07-11-2003, 21:22
Originally posted by Frank Fay
Yes that's the idea, but as Moorkh said....we will reveal more later.

Can you tell us when? Few days? 2 weeks? a month?:p

Carcassone
10-11-2003, 18:27
Originally posted by Frank Fay
Exactly and therefore they are meant for visual enhancements only. After all it is not an empire building game where it would make sense.

However, they are meant to represent medieval town life with loads of details.

So peasants WILL be eye candy. To think, someone thought I was being a knob asking such a question. :rolleyes: