PDA

View Full Version : Pause game in WORLD VIEW

Lord Sandman
17-04-2004, 13:52
Frank, confirm it, please....
Will it be possible to pause the game in WORLD VIEW to do some strategic decisions? I think about kind of active pause included in game....
We know that in Close Wiev when battle occurs this isn't possible, but what about World View???

If this question was answered - then I apologize for spam, but I can't find an answer.

Bora
17-04-2004, 14:36
accoridmgs this:

http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=984

you can pause everything in world view during a battle (close view)

Angryminer
17-04-2004, 14:48
But he wants to pause the game while in WorldView to have some time to think about his masterplan, not to fight out a battle.

Angryminer

Bora
17-04-2004, 14:52
Originally posted by Angryminer
But he wants to pause the game while in WorldView to have some time to think about his masterplan, not to fight out a battle.

Angryminer

maybe there is a pause in WV meaning of "i have to go to the toilet"
but not one where you can pause make decisions by klicking and then execute them by resumimg the game.
if you could that, KOH would not be a RTS game anymore

Angryminer
17-04-2004, 14:57
You are looking at an accelerated world. Maybe it should be possible to stop time for a while to take this into account. You'd have to do 250 clicks per second to reach the realistic reaction-time of a medieval king ;) .

Angryminer

Bora
17-04-2004, 14:59
i think the game will be playable without klicking your mouse to death :D

Angryminer
17-04-2004, 15:05
I like to play EUII, which has a good chunk of diplomacy and strategy in it too, and I can say that it's really fun to pause the game and work out an evil masterplan to out-maneuver your enemy-army and force your foes to stop their siege on your towns.
(I once did that with "Hessen" as Saxony... They besieged my province of "Anhalt" with 25.000 men, I sent 15.000 men to their now defenseless capital, took control over it and forced them to sign peace in just 3 month, though they had the bigger army and I demanded tribute from them ;) )

Angryminer

Duke of Shropshire
17-04-2004, 15:21
I think that there is another problem about that, also discussed in another thread ....I think.

I was wondering about differece between time scale in battle (that is CV) and time in WV.
I think that won't be realistic that 30 mins of battle are equal to 30 mins of Strategic managment in WV (I think that 30 mins in strategic managment could be equivalent to some year of real time).

The problem is that when you are in battle it could be that an army enter in your realm (I know you will be advised) and could take your castle....

Compared to the strategic view the battle time coud be thought like it was paused and this just because a battle take just a minimal fraction of the whole time of ruling a realm...don't you think?

The Duke.

Angryminer
17-04-2004, 15:24
You mean "Pause as an approximation of slowmotion"?
Not a bad argument...

Angryminer

Duke of Shropshire
17-04-2004, 15:37
You mean "Pause as an approximation of slowmotion"?
Not a bad argument...

Angryminer

Exactly...and I think (just reading this Thread (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=984) ) that the new feature that make possibile to pause the WV while in a battle is really correct and nice realistic feature.

I mean the super moderetor have said this...or I don't understood? :confused:

I hope to be right. :D

The Duke.

Angryminer
17-04-2004, 15:48
This thread is about another topic.
Here we discuss a plain 'pause' feature to be able to give orders to our knights and soldiers while completely protected from the effects of time.

But yes, you understood right. The WorldView will pause while we fight our battles in CloseView.

Angryminer

Duke of Shropshire
17-04-2004, 15:59
This thread is about another topic.
Here we discuss a plain 'pause' feature to be able to give orders to our knights and soldiers while completely protected from the effects of time.

But yes, you understood right. The WorldView will pause while we fight our battles in CloseView.

Angryminer

Goooood! :cheers:

Frank Fay
17-04-2004, 16:06
Yes there is a pause key but you wont be able to pause, make commands and unpause. The game is in WV not that fastpaced that it is needed.

And BEFORE you start the game, you can decide if the WV shall pause automatically while you will battle in the Battle View.

Duke of Shropshire
17-04-2004, 18:54
Originally posted by Frank Fay
Yes there is a pause key but you wont be able to pause, make commands and unpause. The game is in WV not that fastpaced that it is needed.

And BEFORE you start the game, you can decide if the WV shall pause automatically while you will battle in the Battle View.

No I understend. Never wonted to pause the battle entering in command mode and then restatr battle.

I was concerning the WV pausing during the battle. I supposed that there'will be an option before starting the game for setting this. And this is a good feature! Good work dear devs!!! :go:

The duke impatiente for the demo. :D

Lord Sandman
18-04-2004, 23:43
I like to play EUII, which has a good chunk of diplomacy and strategy in it too, and I can say that it's really fun to pause the game and work out an evil masterplan to out-maneuver your enemy-army and force your foes to stop their siege on your towns.
(I once did that with "Hessen" as Saxony... They besieged my province of "Anhalt" with 25.000 men, I sent 15.000 men to their now defenseless capital, took control over it and forced them to sign peace in just 3 month, though they had the bigger army and I demanded tribute from them ;) )

Angryminer

Yeah, I like EUII and HoI too and I think option of pause the game and posibility to giving orders while game is paused is best idea for people who likes thinking and not rally with time. I hope that in KoH, when we will have pack of realms for keep an eye on them, game will not overhelming us... For example I can't imagine EUII or HoI without option of active pause, especially when we are fighting on many fronts, doing diplomacy, managing economy and doing many others things in the same time