PDA

View Full Version : Units

Pages : [1] 2 3

d'Honaire
29-06-2004, 03:27
@Frank Fay @Frujin

I was just browsing the unit showcase and saw only one Russian unique unit, the Boyars, why is that? I thought that the Russians could use a few more unique units. I am, in no way, comparing KOH to Medieval Total War, but that game has a great deal of units to choose from and almost every nation has a unique unit: form the Saxon Huscarles to the Turkish Jannissaries. Just a suggestion.:cheers:

Sir Turylon
29-06-2004, 04:22
mmmm

Housecarls. nice unit.

Can't wait to get a knight with 4 units of templars, 2 units of English longbowmen, 2 units of Byzantine Cataphracts, and a single order of Roman Infantry. *drools* at the prospects.

Ledhead
29-06-2004, 15:43
Originally posted by Elewyn
d'Honaire. There are also Varangians and they supposed to be in Russia as well. I know they were not Russians in pure origin, but..

Originaly they were vikings from Scandinavia or vikings living in Russia.
Theory has it that the name Russian, Russia derives from the name the Finns and the Slav tribes had for the vikings -> Routsi.
In the 10th-11th century the Slavs invited the vikings to rule over them, to create some order.
The Finns still call Swedes and Sweden for Routsi.

Augis
17-08-2004, 13:35
What lithuania unique unit will be? There should be "Lithuanian cavalery" fast, light armed, and cheap cavalery! :hello: ;(

Angryminer
17-08-2004, 14:18
You mean "light cavalry"?

Angryminer

Augis
17-08-2004, 16:48
Yes light cavalery. Even in Lithuanian blazon is a horseman. :)

Elvain
17-08-2004, 17:02
It will be but not as unique lithuanian unit...

Augis
17-08-2004, 17:16
In Medieval TW is Lithuanian cavalery{light cavalery}.I think there also should be. What units will have Lithuania? Light armed, cheap and fast cavalery. smth like tatars but more armed.

Finellach
17-08-2004, 17:32
Same as anyone else...

Jarlabanke
17-08-2004, 20:21
Lithuanian Cav didn't really fill any purpose in M:TW though...

Augis
18-08-2004, 16:23
But Lithuania was very big in high and late periods. So i think that Lith should have her Unique unit. Always the same longbowmans, boyars, ..... Lithuania was not playable nation in MD TW so her unique unit didn't efect game maybe at all in compaigns. Lithuania was a rebel country in that game in compaigns. And to train "Lithuania cavalery" was hard becouse it reguired too much buildings to build. ;(

Siena
18-08-2004, 18:35
Lithuanian Cav didn't really fill any purpose in M:TW though...

True.
It was really ironic, that MTW put in Lithuanian cavalry, but made it not a practical unit to train. They made it weak and made requirements very high. Quite stupid game design, in my opinion. :nono:

It is also ironic, that MTW had Lithuania unplayable, but had Lithuanian cavalry, while KOH has Lithuania playable, but without its own unit.... :sick:

It seems, that they still leave an opportunity for somebody to implement it right... Maybe in the future there will be such a game...

Augis
19-08-2004, 09:07
Is that all battles which will be in game? or there will be more? How much?And which? :rolleyes: thanks

Hipolit
19-08-2004, 21:35
I will repeat myself! Every nation should have uniue units!

Poles should have good middle cavalry! Fast, efficient against infantry and light cavalry.

Hippo

Finellach
19-08-2004, 21:44
There would be too many units if every nation would have unique units.

Hipolit
20-08-2004, 11:49
There would be too many units if every nation would have unique units.

and what's wrong with it..?

Just take a look at cossacks... during the history there were a lot of different units! Even each region of one country had its unique units!

Hipolit

Angryminer
20-08-2004, 12:00
They all had unique names, but not unique units ;) .
Programmers always say "Keep It Simple, Stupid!" (short: "KISS").

Angryminer

Lancer
20-08-2004, 12:39
I think the more unique units, the better.

It would also add to the replayability to the game - when you get bored of one nation's units, you could just play as a different nation to get a different range of units, thus giving you a new experience.

Elvain
20-08-2004, 14:21
I will repeat myself! Every nation should have uniue units!

Poles should have good middle cavalry! Fast, efficient against infantry and light cavalry.

Hippothat kind of cav. was also in Hungary I guess... but not only.. that kind of cavalry was used in whole Europe.

Not every nation has sooo special and famous unit, not every nation needs to have own unit in KoH.

Noldy
20-08-2004, 15:18
Unique units make nations more unique :hello: