PDA

View Full Version : pop limit and battles

Pages : 1 [2]

Kardiophylax
27-10-2003, 14:22
Well I guess I misinterpreted the comment to mean puting fantasy creatures in any game is strange. I do agree adding them to Medal of Honor would be quite odd. They don't have a place in a game like this, I certainly agree with you there.

Elewyn
07-11-2003, 19:30
do you know about any magicians or dragons in medieval Europe? There's no resons for it to be in KoH

hawk_knight
07-11-2003, 20:14
can you see that soldiers walk on the walls and defend the castle of enemy's attacks :confused: :cheers: :angel: :viking: :king: :cool:

Elewyn
07-11-2003, 20:20
Originally posted by hawk_knight
can you see that soldiers walk on the walls and defend the castle of enemy's attacks :confused: :cheers: :angel: :viking: :king: :cool:

Yeah,I'd like to:cheers:

Hooba
07-11-2003, 20:31
Insertion of Orcs, dragons and goblins in THIS game would ruin what they are trying to create. A realistic simulation of the empire expansions and conquests. But, I must say that orcs, goblins and dragons are great in games like: The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind (PC), Lord of the rings (PS2) ... Each of these games are great games and are liked by many. So both types (realistic and fantasy) can have great games as a result.

Greetz
Hooba

the knightly sword
07-03-2004, 18:32
the last thing i need right now is unreal creatures . after a hard tibian life were i die every time . i need realytsic stuff

the knightly sword
07-03-2004, 18:36
eh what do you mean put them in to medel of honor its ww2 game not fantasy and it wouldnt be populer as 1 of the worlds best fps ww2 game it would be the worst ww2 game ever

geno604
07-03-2004, 20:37
So back to the original question.. Is there a pop limit? and are the battles more sophisticated than rock paper scissors?

Akubi
08-03-2004, 21:50
According to my RTS gamer experience there will always be pop limits. But in KoH, I think the limit is determined by the size of your castle to produce it. Or maybe the leadership of the knights, etc. FAQ says it has 3000 units (not squad) in close view battle.

And according to my experience, RTS in medieval war always have rock-paper-scissors element, e.g Sword-arrow-horse. There is no way to deny that fact. But seems like KoH have morale factor (no weather factor and terrain factor, pointing that KoH is not military simulation game). But diplomacy seems to be the main strategy.

Elewyn
09-03-2004, 09:02
Yes, we have here limits for realm(town), knight(army units), etc. but not for whole kingdom, what I think is good, far better than oposite: no realm/knight limitation, but you can't have more than f.e. 10.000 units(not squads) and 1000 kingdom population (like in AoEII.

We also must not forget that the main limitation of people in our kingdom is food production. We don't need food for "buying new units, but they need food to stay alive.

To devs: Can a unit die of hunger like in Knights and Merchants?

I think it would be really good.

Havoc
09-03-2004, 14:28
i liked the demo 4 Knights and Merchants but i cant find it anymore:(

Frank Fay
09-03-2004, 16:13
units can not die because of hunger but they can retreat or flee when the morale because of hunger drops

Henrik
09-03-2004, 17:56
Originally posted by Elewyn
To devs: Can a unit die of hunger like in Knights and Merchants?

We have discussed the supply issue a few times in the past, but Frank has told us time and time again they don't wanna have lots of micromanagement in KoH - but i think that it is important to remember that an army have always ( since the dawn of time ) marched on its stomac - we even saw this during WWII where the Russians used the scorched earth tactic, and had a huge success with it, which meant the werhmact had to get all their supplies shipped from Germany because the army wasen't able to live of the land.

So i think that the ability to feed the troops, in order to keep their morale up and ultimately prevent them from dying on you, should play a role.

I think that the devs should at least consider this factor in KoH2 ;)