PDA

View Full Version : pop limit and battles

Pages : [1] 2

Lodron
22-10-2003, 22:14
Hi everyone,

although in good old-fashioned 2D, Knights of Honor looks stylish and interesting. (Reminding me somewhat of Lords of the Realm).

Well, I have two questions for the start:

any population limit in KoH?

how will fighting work? rather simple in rock-paper-scissor style or more sophisticated with morale, fatigue and stuff like that?

Tedman333
23-10-2003, 00:02
Good Questions.

@p0ph!$
23-10-2003, 14:44
i hope that there will be a very very high population limit.

becouse you have 1 ressource managment for whole europe and i think also 1 pop. limit

Tedman333
23-10-2003, 17:25
Does anyonre know if there will be magic in this game? I hope not.

Gorgoroth
23-10-2003, 18:25
Originally posted by Tedman333

That would be idiotic. :rolleyes:

Siegebreaker
23-10-2003, 19:24
Originally posted by Tedman333

Hopefully not.
The last thing we need is yet another fantasy game. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure KoH will be more like Lords 2. :cool:

Frank Fay
23-10-2003, 19:30
I can confirm: no magic and dragons :)

Siegebreaker
23-10-2003, 19:35
Originally posted by Frank Fay

Hurray!!!!!! :D

*dances on the table spilling beer all over the place* :D

Kevin
24-10-2003, 23:47

Will there be a population limit?

Because I really hate those things!

Tedman333
24-10-2003, 23:50
Good! Thanks!

Kevin
24-10-2003, 23:52
Yep. Very good!

Overdose
25-10-2003, 00:16

YEAH !! Good :) Keep it realistic :D

vyanvotts
25-10-2003, 02:53
lol goblins and dragons was the last thing i wanted, i hate games that are ruined by this strange obssession with creatures like goblins orcs ect.

the only good game i ever enjoyed with creatures in was dungeon keeper....but thats a whole differnt story

Kardiophylax
26-10-2003, 00:34
There is certainly something to be said for fantasy games. Personally, I love stories and games involving fantasy elements. That being said, I also love history (especially ancient) and things that are realistic. There is room for both. However in a game like this, it better to leave those elements out. It seems like the designers are really designing a great game here.

lol knights and dragons was the last thing i wanted, i hate games that are ruined by this strange obssession with creatures like goblins orcs ect.
To say people have a "strange obsession" with goblins and such just because they enjoy fantasy is a pretty narrowminded thing to say. Anyone with any imagination should be able to at least appreciate the idea of things we don't really have. Isn't that what mythology, going back thousands of years, has always been about? And knights are in the game by the way...?

Once again, I am not advocating the insertion of anything fantastical into THIS game. I thoroughly enjoy history and love to re-live it in its realistic glory as well.

Kevin
26-10-2003, 17:27
Originally posted by Kevin
Will there be a population limit?

Because I really hate those things!

Will the be one?

fireball21
26-10-2003, 19:41
i think there will probly be one so you cant go so far and the game starts running slow. but i dont know.

vyanvotts
26-10-2003, 21:51
Originally posted by Kardiophylax
There is certainly something to be said for fantasy games. Personally, I love stories and games involving fantasy elements. That being said, I also love history (especially ancient) and things that are realistic. There is room for both. However in a game like this, it better to leave those elements out. It seems like the designers are really designing a great game here.

To say people have a "strange obsession" with goblins and such just because they enjoy fantasy is a pretty narrowminded thing to say. Anyone with any imagination should be able to at least appreciate the idea of things we don't really have. Isn't that what mythology, going back thousands of years, has always been about? And knights are in the game by the way...?

Once again, I am not advocating the insertion of anything fantastical into THIS game. I thoroughly enjoy history and love to re-live it in its realistic glory as well.

To say that MY opinion is "Narrow minded" is a complete contradiction of the point you are trying to get across. In MY opinion i feel that being fasinated by goblin and dragons and having the need to put them in computer games, is strange..in MY opinion. I am entitled to an opinion after all arn't i? Sorry if i offended you in any way, shape or form my merely suggesting that i don't like fantasy.

And the reason i implemented Knights in to my post was merely a simple mistake...hence the reason i have changed it now. you know how it is when you read somthing then off you go to type and the words just all come spilling out:D im not one to read my post before i send it:D

fireball21
26-10-2003, 22:00
i dont like fantasy games either. i like games with some history in it. no magic, no ghosts, nothing else like that either. it has to be real for me to buy it.

Kardiophylax
27-10-2003, 01:27
Originally posted by vyanvotts
[B]To say that MY opinion is "Narrow minded" is a complete contradiction of the point you are trying to get across. In MY opinion i feel that being fasinated by goblin and dragons and having the need to put them in computer games, is strange..in MY opinion. I am entitled to an opinion after all arn't i? Sorry if i offended you in any way, shape or form my merely suggesting that i don't like fantasy.

Well I don't get offended easily, so no problem there. :)
I guess I just don't see the connection between your not liking something and having to pick on those that do. Obsession is generally a negative word. Strange is also generally a negative word. So basically one could take it to mean that saying people who like fantasy games have a "strange obsession" is saying that there is something wrong with them for having that opinion. There is no need to call others of different opinions strangely obsessed. Again, I personally am very open minded to both. I think in fact the majority of gamers probably prefer fantasy though (looking at game sales). So perhaps that would make you the strange one? All of a sudden it isn't nice to say that is it.

Anyhow, thats all I had to say on the matter.

vyanvotts
27-10-2003, 02:29
By saying someones opinion is strange is completely different to calling them directly strange. An opinion is merely a thought. So tell me where i said that someone was strange because they liked fantasy games, i indeed said it was a strange thing to like in MY opinion. Notice the "MY" in capitals.

How can one say, just because "strange" and "obsession" are "generally" bad words this means that in my post they were negative. I only meant it was bad in games IN MY OPINION. however this does not mean its bad in every other aspect of life which you seem to think i do.

You do seem to have a very vivid imagination, you somehow managed to get from me saying "some games are ruined by a strange obsession with goblins and orcs" ect, to me saying everybody who has the slightest interest in fantasy has some sort of defect and should take some pills to fix the problem.

And i myself do like some fantasy games such as the dungeon keeper series, so why i would categorise my self as strange i fail to see the benefits.

The whole point of my post was to suggest that some games in MY opinion are ruined by the implementation of dragons and orcs ect. for instance i feel that if these were implemented in to KOH the game would be ruined.

However all this said i do feel that SOME people (i know) have a STRANGE OBSSESSION with the fantasy world, and are the kind of people who would like to see goblins in games such as medal of honour and the up and coming FPS call of duty. Now this would be strange, and would be a bit obbsessive, would you not agree?:D