PDA

View Full Version : Shields and regions

Pages : [1] 2

Whismerhil
03-12-2003, 23:32
Hello to everyboby!

I was wondering if it could be that in the multiplayer version you could choose your own shield, you could make it and play with it. It would be great.

Other questions:

1.¿Would be possible to see your border area in the main map?

2.¿What happens when you married with another region?, they become to your realm ? and ¿If you do some alliance witn other kingdom?.

3.If you want to break off the aliance ¿you lose the realms?,
¿could you be betray by your allies? .

Thank you very much .

Frank Fay
04-12-2003, 08:54
Would be possible to see your border area in the main map?

Yes

What happens when you married with another region?, they become to your realm ? and ¿If you do some alliance witn other kingdom?.

There are no Queens and my King can only get married to a daughter. But assuming my King gets married to another Kings daughter, it does not mean that the land belongs to me but the relationship with it will be much more different.

Assuming further the King dies and he has no son, well then I may can get the land if I am married to the daughter.

However you can never 100% count on your family members and there might be some who betray you :)

If you want to break off the aliance ¿you lose the realms?,

No, not at all. A marriage is no alliance overall.

Elewyn
04-12-2003, 08:59
Originally posted by Frank Fay
No, not at all. A marriage is no alliance overall.

So, if marriage is no alliance overall. Is there a possibility of alliances in another way, not only dynastic?

Frank Fay
04-12-2003, 09:32
yes, sure there are other ways for instance:

non-agression or alliance agreement but even a trade agreement can forge an alliance. Or a marriage of your son to a daughter of a King and vice versa. Or marrying yourself as mentioned above.

Having an alliance does not mean you get land or control over it.

Also Espionage plays an important role too. You can influence (positive and negative) the relationship between you or others.

Arjenvs
04-12-2003, 11:21
Assuming further the King dies and he has no son, well then I may can get the land if I am married to the daughter.

However you can never 100% count on your family members and there might be some who betray you :)

I like that feature so much!!! But I am really curious how this will be impemented in the game....sounds really hard too me...very dynamic thing.....

But what about killling the older brother of the daughter you married with....to make sure that you get the land and not he....?

Elewyn
04-12-2003, 11:42
Originally posted by Arjenvs
But what about killling the older brother of the daughter you married with....to make sure that you get the land and not he....?

Good way,via espionage. But it must not turn out it was you who ordered it. Then you must be the first who would want to kill the assasinator-your spy.

Frank Fay
04-12-2003, 11:49

Yes, possible for you to do so.

But it must not turn out it was you who ordered it. Then you must be the first who would want to kill the assasinator-your spy.

If the assassinator is inexperienced and may get caught...well then even family bounds may not save you.

Frank Fay
04-12-2003, 11:49
If successful, no one will know you was it. If get caught then it is different.

Lord Nicko
04-12-2003, 11:58
If successful, no one will know you was it. If get caught then it is different.

hehe- get caught then you might have a bad *** army heading your way?

Whismerhil
04-12-2003, 13:43
Hello to everybody!

Thank you very much for your answers, this game is going to be really great!!!

I have more questions:

1.¿How can the assassinator do his work?, i dont know if it would be like in other game called "shogun", that you only have to wait for the successful or not, or you can keep the assassinator and move in the castle to do his job.

2.¿Would be possible to win the game only by diplomacy and by economy?

3¿Would be possible to bribe an enemy kingdom for not to attack your realm?

4.¿And to bribe the enemy and attack other enemy realm?

Thank you very much

Elewyn
04-12-2003, 13:55
Did anybody tell you that you have very good questions?

Originally posted by Whismerhil
1.¿How can the assassinator do his work?, i dont know if it would be like in other game called "shogun", that you only have to wait for the successful or not, or you can keep the assassinator and move in the castle to do his job.
Looks like sth I want to know too :)

I don't think so. This game is declared as kingdom conquering game, so it seems to speak itself, even if I thought(and hoped) for a long time that it'was possible. But the ways to overrule Europe are good.
Maybe by diplomacy-most, but don't think diplomacy itself would be enoug.

I hope and do think is possible for about 80%

Frank Fay
04-12-2003, 15:02
1.¿How can the assassinator do his work?, i dont know if it would be like in other game called "shogun", that you only have to wait for the successful or not...

Similar to this but you see a progress bar. Also your spies can gather experience with "smaller" jobs and train for the really hard ones :) Remember also the game is realtime, so the experience is much different than SHOGUN which is played via rounds.

I would rephrase it to the following questions:

- "Would it be possible to win the game without leading a battle" ?

YES

- "Would it be possible to win the game without doing diplomacy" ?

YES

- "Would it be possible to win the game without doing Espionage" ?

YES

You can try to avoid war via diplomacy and espionage :-) Which would answer your initial question with yes partly.

But for all cases you need a good economy and therefore it has been designed to be easy to use and serve to the above cases.

Frank Fay
04-12-2003, 15:10

Not directly, but you can bribe the king to sign a peace agreement or alliance agreement.

Also indirectly. You can bribe him with spies to accept your proposal attacking another Kingdom.

Arjenvs
04-12-2003, 15:16
When a spy is caught, will your reputation with other countries be damaged as well?

Arjenvs
04-12-2003, 15:23
Originally posted by Elewyn
OOOooooh. I can't believe it's true.... It's great...fantastic...I don't know words to express what I want to say.

Yes that´s why I did not mention it.....;) :cheers:

Es.
04-12-2003, 15:31
When a spy is caught, will your reputation with other countries be damaged as well?
Yep there even is a screen shot of it, showing a message that your spy have been cought.
Here it is
http://www.knights-of-honor.net/gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0047.jpg

Arjenvs
04-12-2003, 15:43
Originally posted by Es.
Yep there even is a screen shot of it, showing a message that your spy have been cought.
Here it is
http://www.knights-of-honor.net/gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0047.jpg

Yes I have seen that one....but I mean...with the other countries in europe....

Es.
04-12-2003, 15:47
Yes I have seen that one....but I mean...with the other countries in europe....
If the ruler of scotland get's angry when you try to assaniate him.
Why shouldent the king of Franch not get angry too, if you try to assaniate him ???

Arjenvs
04-12-2003, 19:59
Originally posted by Es.
If the ruler of scotland get's angry when you try to assaniate him.
Why shouldent the king of Franch not get angry too, if you try to assaniate him ???

duhhh!!! But I mean..when you try to assinate the Scottish King...will the French king be angry....(maybe espaccially when they have an alliance.....or royal marriage

Es.
04-12-2003, 20:03
duhhh!!! But I mean..when you try to assinate the Scottish King...will the French king be angry....(maybe espaccially when they have an alliance.....or royal marriage
I belive so.
A dev said some where that, burning farms and plundering a nother kingdom may result in other kingdoms attacking you, due to alliances with trhe king whom's land you are raiding, so why shouldent this not also aply for assinations ?
Besides the meaning of a alliance is to healp each other, agains aggresors.