PDA

View Full Version : The thing I fear most about this game...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Frank Fay
19-12-2003, 09:16
Won't I be able to give a set of commands in close view, zoom out fast, give some commands to other knights and zoom back in without having the knight change anything to my plan?

No, because you want to win or loose the battle. If you want to win your way, you have to be and lead by your own.

Please remember single battle is not that important than the global strategy. A lost battles means really not lost war or no lost castle.

You, the player is sitting in the virtual throne. You manage a kingdom and lead the important battles. There will be hundreds of them in an average game. We dont want to let the player to "micromanage" all of them.

Also please let me point out that a single battle in KoH is not as important as the overall battles in its sum'. You even may start battles and loose them to get a better position in the diplomacy.

Differently to the TW series, you can have theoretically unlimited battles at the same time in a realm. And the one you will lead is most like the one which decides about loosing the realm / loosing a Knight. Even here you can say your Knight to retreat to rescue him.

Or an army is landing at your coast. Here you may want to weaken them or make a battle to stop them for a few minutes. While you assemble in your castle a large army to defeat.

Some battles might be lost even they begun.

Will there be an option "hey Sir XYZ, please don't give any commands and leave everything the way it is" / "hey Sir XYZ, would you please command my units now?"?

No, when you go into a battle you want to lead, when you leave your Knight will lead. We wanted it that simplistic.

Arjenvs
19-12-2003, 09:42
Originally posted by Frank Fay
No, when you go into a battle you want to lead, when you leave your Knight will lead. We wanted it that simplistic.

Not only simplistic....also very realistic!!!! I love it!!!

You as king can only be at one place at the time!!!!

little question....

will you see the king where ever you are involved yourself.....for instance when you lead a battle in a castle....is the king there too? or in battle somewhere else.....?

do you see the king actually?

Henrik
19-12-2003, 09:50
Yeaah Arjenvs :) - it would be kinda cool if we can see the king with his banner behind his men watching the progrees of the battle - ofcourse then it also should be possible that the king would be captured or killed on the battlefield.hmmm....i think that this has been discussed before !...?

Arjenvs
19-12-2003, 10:00
Originally posted by Henrik
hmmm....i think that this has been discussed before !...?

hmmm.. I thought so too...but can't find it....

maybe someone else knows were it is...and maybe allready has an answer?

Angryminer
19-12-2003, 11:50
I don't think I like it too much that we will never be able to watch a battle without having to command the units...

Just my opinion...

Angryminer

Frank Fay
19-12-2003, 12:06
I don't think I like it too much that we will never be able to watch a battle without having to command the units...

You would have rarely the time to do so. We wanted that the player is feeling as ruler of a kingdom. Not a battlelord...

You have to deal with more global things. A single battle is just small part....

Arjenvs
19-12-2003, 12:40
You would have rarely the time to do so. We wanted that the player is feeling as ruler of a kingdom. Not a battlelord...

You have to deal with more global things. A single battle is just small part....

yes and when watching a battle....you miss out on all other things happening in your kingdom....

But will you play with the king as a real person in Battle....like he can kill soldiers too?

Frank Fay
19-12-2003, 13:10
Yes, you can control the King in battles if you gave him an army and he is involved in that battle.

Arjenvs
19-12-2003, 13:15
Yes, you can control the King in battles if you gave him an army and he is involved in that battle.

Cool!!!:cheers: ....so also in sieges....I assume....

sorry...I can't stop beeing curious.....

and for the rest.....in the game....the player is the controller of the knights and the king?...when he choces to be....and the Knigths can have commands..to do things on there own....?

Lord Sandman
19-12-2003, 14:47

Great! This is a possibility, which is missed in Europa Universalis series... Possibility to lead battles. I like fact that this is not necessery and when we spend many times over control our empire, then our generals are fight for us...For our glory...and more land, heheeh ;). But we still have this possibility...

This game will rule!!

Henrik
20-12-2003, 00:49
I don't mind letting "my" knights take take care of the battles, cause it seems like you'll get you hands full with all the other aspects of the game: diplomacy and so on

As i remember, it is also possible to improve your knights skills or was it that it was possible to give them an extra skill ! - if the last option is the case, then just make sure that they all has good battle skills, then they should be fine and win the battle for you.

Frank Fay
20-12-2003, 08:54
A knight does not gain extra skills. He has three skills but they can be upgraded to a higher level.

Shimo
24-12-2003, 14:20
I like the idea that you, the king, can only be in one place at one time. But how do you rationalize being able to teleport back and forth between two battles? Or teleport between meeting with an emissary and fighting a battle 200 miles away?

Elewyn
24-12-2003, 14:47
I don't think you're not personally the king. There's sbdy, who's a king, but you can be aomewhere else, than the king.
Or maybe I misunderstood this part of the game

Angryminer
24-12-2003, 16:09
Ehm... Eh... a... yes, a magician! Jear... that's good! A magician gave you the power to teleport... and... ehm... he... *murmurs something* yes... he died when he tried another spell... yes - that's why you're able to teleport everywhere without an obvious reason...

Angryminer
Merry Christmas