PDA

View Full Version : Excomunicated

Pages : [1] 2

Jacek-t
02-05-2005, 15:12
I got excomunicated from the Catholic Church and I'm trying to get back. I've paid twice with money and piety and twice got the same massage that my relations improved by I was not forgiven yet. Is theree anything I can do, or else how many times I have to pay them?

P.S. Alternatively what happens if I destroy the Papacy :angry:

Elvain
02-05-2005, 15:18
excomunication usually passes when pope decide to accept you back. Mostly it is after your king dies and new one claims the throne, so I hope your king is already old or venerable.

You can try to eliminate papacy and then see what will happen. I won't tell you exactly what happens because then you would lose a challenge of this action.
I will say only one thing. Build up a strong empire and very strong armies before you do so :smile: and make as many non agression pacts as possible, it may help you. Also conquering Rome requires very strong marshall with trebuchets or at least catapults....

Anguille2
02-05-2005, 15:37
I got excomunicated from the Catholic Church and I'm trying to get back. I've paid twice with money and piety and twice got the same massage that my relations improved by I was not forgiven yet. Is theree anything I can do, or else how many times I have to pay them?

P.S. Alternatively what happens if I destroy the Papacy :angry:

Bad boy... :dwink:

you shall burn in hell :angry:

lol :angel:

Illuminatus!
02-05-2005, 23:02
conquering Rome requires very strong marshall with trebuchets or at least catapults....

2 full armies of mixed 0-2 star Fuedal Knights, two marshals with healer, siegecraft, logistics, and two morale skills can also take Rome if you wittle down Rome's food and population by raiding. (The computer/Papacy will dispatch a marshal to Rome (the city) to get more troops, depleting the province of food and people. Repeated often enough, it can lead to a quick victory if you can hold off any troops from breaking the siege or assault).

Largefry07
04-05-2005, 02:23
You do want a strong kingdom to take on Papacy. I would defently advised to take it out ASAP is your a pagan or musluim kingdom to stop all of the crusades.

elbasto
04-05-2005, 23:14
what happens when you invade de papacy?

Do you get excommunicated?

It is similar to Medieval that from time to time the papacy comes back with an über army?

I don't have the game yet so I can't try it.

Charlemagne
04-05-2005, 23:22
If you destroy Papacy, the whole catholic Europe will attack you. A bad idea, indeed...

elbasto
05-05-2005, 02:09
If you destroy Papacy, the whole catholic Europe will attack you. A bad idea, indeed...

:eek:
Indeed

Elvain
05-05-2005, 09:42
No, they will start to hate you. But if you have many alliances or Non-agression pacts it would be harder for them.
Also I would recomand to attack papacy when your king gets older. Then after you conquer the papacy some will enter a war with you, but as soon as your king dies, your relations will improve so you can ask some kingdoms for peace.
And if you have army strong enough to conquer Rome, you will stand attacks of about 3-5 kingdoms.

Sir Sigmund
14-05-2005, 20:56
ROFL yea I tried to attack Rome once playing the Demo version had 4 armies converge on him. One army had 3 Siege skill. Anyway, when I got to Rome not a single Army unit from Rome was in the game, it only had the Rome Country itself.

Well I take 2 Units and start the siege. It spawns 4 Marshal, then the game spawned one Mercenary camp and the Mercs where hired instantly by the Popes Marshal, they go to commence to kick my butt,

After a few rounds I lost 4 Marshals, and all my armies. Then the game dropped into Windows Mode so all was over for me.

But I swear that the AI cheats at times. :wink:

Illuminatus!
15-05-2005, 02:27
ROFL yea I tried to attack Rome once playing the Demo version had 4 armies converge on him. One army had 3 Siege skill. Anyway, when I got to Rome not a single Army unit from Rome was in the game, it only had the Rome Country itself.

Well I take 2 Units and start the siege. It spawns 4 Marshal, then the game spawned one Mercenary camp and the Mercs where hired instantly by the Popes Marshal, they go to commence to kick my butt,

After a few rounds I lost 4 Marshals, and all my armies. Then the game dropped into Windows Mode so all was over for me.

But I swear that the AI cheats at times. :wink:

I found a way to beat Rome in the demo. I used 2 marshals for the siege and 2 to keep anyone away. All four were "power marshals" with 9 units of feudal knights (I was playing as Bohemia), 3* Healer, 3*Dread, 3*Siegecraft, some level of Tactics and a few other skills, typically leadership and/or logistics. First, I pillaged the stuffing out of the province, to bring the Papacy's armies. Tactics/fortified camps got rid of any toughies. I continued to pillage while the AI hired new marshals and drained away Roman peasants that I could easily kill. As soon as the draftable population of Rome got to 0 and the Papic marshal left the city, I had two armies pounce on him and the other two siege the city. Short on food and with little to no population for even peasants, the AI lost, somehow inflicting something like 20-30% losses in the process. But I got Rome! And war with almost every other Catholic country! :bday:

Largefry07
15-05-2005, 05:09
The easties way that I find to defeat Papacy is to deaft the Church first. This I mean knock out most, if not all, Catholic kingdoms. Then the Pope will not be able to call for anyone to help. After the Catholic nations are gone I go in and take away all of there Provs leaving them only with Rome. After that I sew for peace. I make a quick recovery and start placing my armies where I want them for the "finally showdown."

I use much to same tatic as mentioned by Illuminatus. I use Two of the best marshalls to go in and make the assualt. (I don't need to plunder b/c I already Killed Papacy's skilled marshall when taking all of their other provs.) Thus leaving them with inexperienced armies. I let my two assualting marshalls go in for the kill while I have whatever armies are left to cover them.

Sir Sigmund
15-05-2005, 07:43
Yea you have to think about what your doing, just like in a good chess game.

Angryminer
15-05-2005, 11:36
I use the easy way in...
Send a level 5 spy to the papacy. Send the Papacy a "gift" of about 10.000 gold. The papacy will hire a new knight, propably as a spy. Wait for the spy to get some experience at the royal court of the papacy and wait for a new leader to take over (new leader = no heir). Then make someone declare war on papacy, send him money so he easily kills the best marshall and leader of the papacy and the spy will be crowned. Make the spy hand over the crown. Voila! Rome in my hands, without having one single of my units killed.

Espionage is fun. :viking:

Angryminer

Smirnov
15-05-2005, 19:35
Better question is what happens when you take over the Papacy as a Catholic? I want to have a free puppet Pope that ALWAYS does what I want him to do, is that possible? :)

Angryminer
15-05-2005, 20:19
When a catholic nation takes over the papacy he also removes the pope. :wink:

Angryminer

Illuminatus!
15-05-2005, 21:43
Better question is what happens when you take over the Papacy as a Catholic? I want to have a free puppet Pope that ALWAYS does what I want him to do, is that possible? :)

A compromise might be wittling the Papacy down to *just* Rome, declaring war on it and shortly thereafter offering peace via vassalage. Then get your puppet pope and he's basically an extension of your empire, religously, militarily, and territorially.

Angryminer
15-05-2005, 21:45
Please note that the pope and the papacy are different things. There may be no pope without papacy, but the military/diplomatical leader of the papacy is not the pope.
So when the papacy is your vasall the pope is not your vasall.

Angryminer

Smirnov
19-05-2005, 01:06
Blah, that's pretty silly. Italy controls Rome today but there is still a Pope in existence. So just cause you take over Rome why would the Pope disappear? Blah.

Largefry07
19-05-2005, 01:31
The Pope lives in the Vacitan. Vacitan City is sovergein from Italy even though it is in Rome it is considered a different country.