PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Elvain
30-05-2005, 20:08
no. Patriarch of Constantinople is not presented in KoH. Only autocephal(independent) orthodox patriarchs

chunkyprofessor
31-05-2005, 22:44
Does anybody ever hire landlords or builders? I actively use marshalls, merchants, clerics, and spies since I am aware of the benefits that they provide and their benefits are worth hiring them for. If landlords just increase food production and builders just make it easier to build things, then I really don't think that either of them are worth using a slot on. I also notice that nobody else at these forums ever talks about them. Does anybody have any reasons as to why I should hire landlords and builders? Thanks in advance and sorry for the long-winded post.

Gustavus Adolphus
31-05-2005, 23:34
I never use them either. I agree with you, they are worthless. Edit: oh and welcome to the forums! (Yes! I beat angryminer! :lol:)

Illuminatus!
01-06-2005, 02:45
Does anybody ever hire landlords or builders? I actively use marshalls, merchants, clerics, and spies since I am aware of the benefits that they provide and their benefits are worth hiring them for. If landlords just increase food production and builders just make it easier to build things, then I really don't think that either of them are worth using a slot on. I also notice that nobody else at these forums ever talks about them. Does anybody have any reasons as to why I should hire landlords and builders? Thanks in advance and sorry for the long-winded post.

I think all (or at least some) of the mods here make the bonuses they give higher and the initial hire cost lower...in the demo (analogous to a self-imposed small kingdom in the full game), where you can't get spies or clerics, can't expand beyond potentially six provinces, and can't build any of the advanced buildings, landlords help a lot in "production" provinces for building armies more quickly and builders can be helpful in either getting a province off the ground to where it can be self-suficient in terms of workers, or, rarely, in quickly building up defensive structures in a province that is frequently attacked.

chunkyprofessor
01-06-2005, 05:48
Thanks for the answers! I might try a mod as soon as the main game gets boring. That should be a while, though! Anyway, I have another question, but first let me describe the situation that I'm in on my current campaign as Cordoba. Right now Munster is my vassal and Munster is currently allied with Leinster. I have a harmonious relationship with Munster and I'm pretty sure that my relationship with Munster is better than Leinster's relationship with Munster. If I attack Leinster, should I expect to have Munster attack me even though they are my vassal and we have a harmonious relationship? Thanks again, everyone.

Angryminer
01-06-2005, 09:23
Hello chunkyprofessor.

This situation is a loose-loose-situation.
Either Munster denies Leinster's demands and looses kingdom power, loosing income, raising rebels and getting worse relation with the rest of the world or it accepts Leinsters demand, attacks you, looses kingdompower, etc.
I would propose a different approach:
Make Munster declare war on some useless nation on the other side of the map. It will propably ask Leinster to also attack this nation. Either Leinster denies and breaks the alliance (read: problems gone) or it accepts and sends it's main army on a long journey, leaving Leinster as easy pray to you (read: problems gone). Also Munster's army will be on the journey. So even if Munster declares war on you it will be easy to beat them in war.

Angryminer

chunkyprofessor
01-06-2005, 10:32
Thanks for the help, but I managed to solve the problem myself in the meantime. I just asked Munster to break their relations with Leinster and they agreed (I had to give them a province, but it was no big deal). I then attacked Leinster and they became my vassal shortly afterwards. Leinster and Munster therefore both became my vassals and they also both helped to elect me as emperor of Europe. I'm pretty happy about this, but I'm wondering if I'm experienced enough to move up to the hard difficulty level. Is Cordoba an easy faction to play with? Should I try using some more difficult factions or should I move up to hard mode for my next campaign? Thanks everyone! KoH is definitely the best strategy game that I've ever played. I just wish more people knew about it.

Elvain
01-06-2005, 10:40
move to hard, sure.

I can't tell if Cordoba is an easy one or not, never played it.
Generaly some smaller and vassal states are harder (at the start). But large nations like early Byzantia or Maleluks have also it's spell. It's very hard to manage such large empire but gives you many posibilities. Each kingdom has it's specifics, with some you can even unite some other kingdoms(Normandy-England, Nicaea or Trebizond-Byzantia, Aragon and Castile and Navare-Spain...depends on your tastes

Languish
01-06-2005, 10:44
to take a screenshot i usually press the "PrtScn" button

Ah i was looking to find this out... does it work on the demo version? What is the default type and size of the screenshot? Presumably whatever resolution you run it at and jpeg?